The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, bgman said:

What a crackin' day, decided to blow a few cobwebs off for 3 hours late morning and went up on Glorious Dartmoor for a bit of a blast !

33700940_comindownthegully.jpg.ce11f128644e6b0c2ce18ae4741d6262.jpg

1838499203_ontopofdatrmmor.jpg.477c946a03b4774a0f8e7a616b84f504.jpg

Much needed whilst waiting for more viewings to my house later this afternoon.

G

Hope you are not loving too far away. Love that part of the world. You have probably bumped in to my brothers other half when doing your shopping as she works in that Tesco store. Normally in early and gone by mid morning though.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Sorry to hear that Baz. A right b*gger when you’re supposed to be away on holiday.  Hopefully all will be well very soon. 

All is clearly not well with our forum as it has chosen to re-post my comment of three hours ago.  Hmmmmm. 

43 minutes ago, lightengine said:

Nearly everytime I go to write a post, the previous post is in the box.  Why?

Rick, was it in the box when you wrote the next post? LE when a previous post appears in the box there should be a 'Clear box' option below the box. Just click on that and it should disappear. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

8 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Hope you are not loving too far away. Love that part of the world. You have probably bumped in to my brothers other half when doing your shopping as she works in that Tesco store. Normally in early and gone by mid morning though.

No matey, not too far away, I'd never leave Devon far too beautiful and my heart is here.

I don't recall bumping into anyone I know in Tesco's but then they don't take kindly to me riding my mountain bike in there !!! :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Rick, was it in the box when you wrote the next post? LE when a previous post appears in the box there should be a 'Clear box' option below the box. Just click on that and it should disappear. 

I didn’t do anything. I got an email reply notification and found it was a re-post from three hours earlier. 

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I too got bounced out of RMWEB  this morning, it took about 20minutes before  I could get back in.  It was grinding to halt several times earlier.. 

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned Cockwombles.

We had a major one,  he decided that the yellow hatched box was a good place to park.. 

The yellow hatched box is outside our open gates at work... 

So the article lorry leaving, couldn't.. 

Behind him was me.... 

Behind me was a lot of other cars... 

It took fifteen minutes to find the Cockwomble from the factory that backs onto our gates... 

That put me passing the upper primary school at kicking out time. 

I got stuck behind her with the lollypop as the hoards crossed the road .

That was another 5minutes delay... 

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Currently riding shotgun on the M42 in a queue due to a broken car transporter on lane 3 of 4. 

Just cleared the block and seen the cameras catch 3 in short succession in the 40 zone......

Destination: a South coast based purveyor of small items that run on parallel bits of metal.....

Catch up later maybe.

Cheers 

Mick 

• Like 18

11 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

We then watched Shetland which we always enjoy.   However I couldn't help but notice that many of the scenes could have been in an episode of Vera but a bit further north.

I've never been to the Shetlands but I've been to the Orkneys. My cousins lived in Stromness and they have a very distinctive accent which sounds almost Scandinavian.  I thought Shetlanders would sound a lot like people in Orkney but to my ear all the actors on the TV program sound like Glaswegians or Aberdonians.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 8

10 hours ago, roundhouse said:

I have only passed through Canal station before the line shut to Kilmalcolm which I managed to do a day trip form Surrey to travel on one of the last days of operation back in 1982.

You just missed us. The Canal line was at the bottom of our back garden about a mile West of Paisley Canal station. But we had moved to the US in August 1982.

The Canal Line seems to have been constructed using 18" radius track - twisty, and miles of check rails, although it does include one of the oldest former aqueducts in the World where it crosses the White Cart.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 9

28 minutes ago, AndyID said:

The Canal Line seems to have been constructed using 18" radius track - twisty, and miles of check rails, although it does include one of the oldest former aqueducts in the World where it crosses the White Cart.

And the G&SWR used to run their Ayr line expresses by the Canal line, till someone pointed out that the Glasgow and Paisley Joint was straight.

Edited by pH
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, AndyID said:

We've broken the record for snowfall here, but the temperature has shot up to 6C and the snow is melting. If it stays this warm for long the creeks will start to burst their banks.

Never a dull moment, eh?

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, newbryford said:

Currently riding shotgun on the M42 in a queue due to a broken car transporter on lane 3 of 4. 

Just cleared the block and seen the cameras catch 3 in short succession in the 40 zone......

Destination: a South coast based purveyor of small items that run on parallel bits of metal.....

Catch up later maybe.

Cheers 

Mick 

If you are using the M23 then you will be in a few miles of us!

• Like 8

13 hours ago, TheQ said:

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

It's almost all duel carriage way now though.

Time to... take the next measurement.

Given the number of motoring cockwombles reported hereon, you could be right!

11 hours ago, bbishop said:

Got bounced off the forum a few minutes ago.  Anyone else?

Not much to report.  There was a Robinson's jam factory in Bellingham, in fact I'm about to be 100 meters from it.  Was known by a racist name we don't use any more.

Keep well all, Bill

Golly!

3 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Definitely too much thyme ..... 

35A2C9DC-64A3-4B34-853F-06B3CE94F95B.jpeg

Clearly, too much thyme on your hand(s). Best seek out a wise old Sage who knows their onions to help you thyme-out!

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Ack! Well, the day got away from me first thing, just when I thought I had time to read and post...

With "auditors" at the Long Island client, the level of frantic has just been elevate :)

Yesterday saw us get another 5 inches of snow time it was done. We're now up to 39 inches for the season, and 25 in the last nine days. So instead of it looking like a light winter, we're right on track for an average or possibly record after all.

-15 first thing and cloudy, a whopping -7 right now, still cloudy but no more snow expected until later tomorrow.

Hope everyone is heading over the HUMP successfully! :jester:

• Like 17