The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Tony_S

We ran the battery on the motorhome down by leaving the GPS plugged in and turned on for 3 weeks. Fortunately, there is a jump start from the house battery. We've had other problems like that. I read that the automatic shutdown may not take place unless you open and close the driver's door.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Still a bit dull outside. Forecast says it will be dry and breezy with some sunny spells but generally a cloudy day.

Today's first task is to take the car to the garage at 8.00 for its first service. SiL Steve is picking me up and returning me home but when I collect it I'll have to get a bus cab.

When I get home I will be shifting soil in the garden unless/until my back tells me to stop.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, lightengine said:

A friend put any remaing boiled water into a thermos for the next kettle.  Bit extreme I thought.

Years ago I did see a kettle that was built into a thermos vessel. So it kept the water hot. It was however very expensive which is probably why I've not seen it since..

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

5 hours sleep in bed and a couple half dozing on the sofa to the light of a burning cathedral on TV, at least they so far haven't managed to associate it with"B....."

Ben the Border Colllie is trying a new tactic, He 'd dawdling down the garden and when I call him, because it's time for me to go to work, he looks at me as if to say I haven't patrolled everywhere yet.

Border Collies are clever, we can ask him to pick up any of his toys by name, He got given a soft squeaky toy a couple of days ago by a neighbor who said it was called impy, Ben learnt Impy withing 15 minutes..

Talking of clever Borders.   https://www.wcax.com/content/news/508600602.html

It was definately less cold this morning and as I drove out and looked right the great fried egg was showing itself over the dunes..

There was another set of tracks across an NDR roundabout this morning but having avoided the signs and the ground being dry they went off the other side. Bet he's got oval wheels having hit the kerbs at speed..

Time to go do some more shunting... measureing of shunts that is, starting at 1 amp and going up to 100 today..

• Like 18

28 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Border Collies are clever, we can ask him to pick up any of his toys by name, He got given a soft squeaky toy a couple of days ago by a neighbor who said it was called impy, Ben learnt Impy withing 15 minutes.

They certainly are clever. There was one in Austria that could fetch any of a several hundred toys by name. It would also fetch them if it was shown a drawing of the toy.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Car delivered to garage and apparently Kylie is looking after me today and I will get updates throughout the day. The good news is that SiL Steve who is now on his way to Essex thinks he'll be back by 4.00pm so will be able to take me to collect the car.

Breakfast now and then a shovel needs finding.....it's somewhere in the gazebo with all the other stuff from the shed.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is trying get come out, but there are a lot of clouds around at the moment. It’s Tuesday so that means the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix will shortly take place. I will be completing this alone today, so I shouldn’t be too long. Once I’ve returned and put the shopping away, I will make a start on splitting the downstairs lights and cellar lights into 2 separate circuits. I will then be able to carry removing the final stubborn bits of paint from the cellar walls.

Back later

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

To all those involved in travails that require the input of someone else, good luck! The five of us (bodgit, scarper, me, myself and I) have to rely upon ourselves to solve what may face us. At least the sun is trying to shone through light cloud, must wear a hat whilst sanding the gates outside. Apologies for the insensitive use of a bit of French last night given the tragedy that unfolded in Paris.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The sun has got its cloak on, or more correctly is masked by high cloud and will stay that way for the day 'they' say.  Today I suppose we'll be trying to remember what hasn't been packed and I would certainly prefer to travel lighter and do some washing every night,.  On my 'grand tour' (quite a while ago now) I just took 4 of everything and washed clothes at least every other night and because most hotels of a reasonable standard seemed to have a hair dryer in the room drying the clothes was no problem if the natural way was insufficient.

We now have an updated extended forecast and there will be a bit of a blow in Cullercoats but nothing to worry about as the gales will be up around Viking and North Utsire.  But today will no doubt be a brief Tesco trip and not much else apart from checking the packing. several times I expect.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Soil has been shifted and rather surprisingly I and my back have survived unscathed. I will not push my luck any further so have informed Management that I am finished for the day. :yes:  No flak barrage so far! :whistle:

• Like 14
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

The old garage door is now on a van. 

The one over the road (which is identical to my new one) looks nice. 

The old frame is coming out. I have been assured by the “builder” neighbours that nothing coming out is structural.  

One lot of neighbours are away so their drive is being used for parking. I am going to send them a photo letting them know someone has dumped a car in their drive. I am sure as it is Italian and exotic they will know I am joking. 

Tony

• Like 16
  • Funny 1