Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I did think my circlip was a circlip but thought perhaps it had another name so chose to be a bit vague!

i have been assured that my heart is ok (unlike many other bits) but I prefer not to do jobs waving my arms above my head. It wasn’t the danger of heart failure rather the danger wielding power tools about. I have decided I won’t wobble on wobbly ladders anymore and have purchased better ones. Aditi has to reach above her head to even get stuff off the bottom shelf in the kitchen cupboards. 

After installing the blade for me my neighbour did advise me to be careful. I did tell him I had my safety goggles. He said he could give me lots of goggles but he didn’t have any spare eyes in his van. 

Tony

• Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I've done absolutely zilch with the garden shed today. As soon as I ventured outside the hay fever kicked in so I beat a hasty retreat. Things were better this afternoon but I just felt lazy, I will probably start on the clearing out next week when the seaweed twirlers are predicting it to be a bit cooler.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

IMG_5067.JPG.f4d1f3bce9cce95d77da2aafc85a6b7e.JPG

For the family outing today we decided to show the grandchildren what an outlandish foreign country looked like so we went to Wales. At a place near Oswestry we found a monument to one of Richard's forebears - Sir O. Horserivers. Thought you'd all like to see it.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

IMG_5067.JPG.f4d1f3bce9cce95d77da2aafc85a6b7e.JPG

For the family outing today we decided to show the grandchildren what an outlandish foreign country looked like so we went to Wales. At a place near Oswestry we found a monument to one of Richard's forebears - Sir O. Horserivers. Thought you'd all like to see it.

Dave

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

And remembering your last post in the editor  ..

Evening Awl,  Just back from the MRC,  where the muddling went  well, one of the club members remarked that I wasn't moving very well... I wonder why? 

Ibuprofen and crumpets, a strange mixture, washed down by hot choccy 

The above has been finished goodnight Awl. 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11

Evening all, glorious sunshine and temps up to 19,that is high summer for us up here, saw a Polar Bear go by wearing shades and sun block. We went to a Loch near Kirriemuir(famed for J.M.Barrie and Bon Scott from AC/DC fame), we had Ospreys and Marsh Harriers hunting in front of us, pity they were a long way out though. Nice mugga Irn Bru and a Cheese scone before wending our way back home, time for bed, g'night all.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well the food went down well, WENT being the operative word, all that was left was a few crumbs and a single pork pie, but that was finish d off at tea time, after they’d all gone home. To be honest, I expected more to be left, but then again, the kids are all getting bigger and so is there appetite! However, as is often the case, when we start tidying up, we found that something that had been left here. It transpired that Amelia had left one of her Easter eggs behind.

I was going to insert a photo of the cheesecake here, but for some reason it’s telling me that I haven’t got any photos on my iPad to upload, which is a load of bollux!

Goodnight all 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I’ve managed it!

Here it is

655EC83E-CEBF-4149-A8F9-72EFE3253B65.jpeg.da4998308361e0e332ce6e7d9edf7d00.jpeg

After a few minutes 

33EDED62-F2FE-404D-A57F-F3B774CD387E.jpeg.b0ad372e82cefe5db2ebd84579e93960.jpeg

Gone!

8B8EF1C7-5982-4B74-BE5A-F18318DD65AC.jpeg.f87f4226f3278d4105bad7c7d981ca27.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Pizza for dinner, which the children loved, of course, and No. 2 son and I have just finished a snifter of Scottish sunshine juice so in a happy mood I wish you all goodnight.

Dave

• Like 15

We noticed a strange vertical pocket thingy on the passenger side of the Fiat's transmission tunnel a bit ahead of the gear shift. Various theories were tested (holder for phone, sunglasses, coins) but none of them were possible. Crawled through the manual - not a mention there either. Google to the rescue. Turns out you can unplug the cup holders which are usually behind your elbow and plug one of them into the socket in the tunnel. I also discovered there are storage spaces behind the seats. Apparently a lot of owners never discover them ;)

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 5

58 minutes ago, AndyID said:

also discovered there are storage spaces behind the seats.

My car (similarly a two-seater) does not have a traditional glove box. It has a lockable storage bin behind the passenger seat. The registration is stored there. I don't get pulled over very often but when/if I do I have to be very careful to explain what I am doing to retrieve the registration - the passenger seat has to be folded down to access the bin.

My console cup-holders are a removable tray. That tray is in the storage bin so I can use the console bin - but it's mostly the automotive equivalent of a junk drawer if I'm honest. I should clean it out.

The 12V outlet (cigarette lighter if you will) is between the driver's and passenger's shoulders - below the DVD player that stores the satnav maps.

Right now I'm in the market for a smart phone holder. I'm using the smart phone for traffic aware navigation since the integral satnav cannot do that (plus it's old and the maps are out of date).  I don't want a magnetic one, or a suction cup one. I might consider one that plugs in to a vent or possibly the passenger-side spring-out cup holder.

I hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekend - a normal two-day weekend for the US.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, inner Temple Hare, 

A reasonable nights sleep of about 6.5hours

I've woken with sore shoulders and upper body, and a hint of headache.  Not from reaching above shoulder height but the opposite, from moving those blocks.. 

Yesterdays warmth has caused a mass daffodil extinction,  we only had a couple of wilting flowers before,  now hundreds have gone. 

Shortly I'll head to the kitchen for breakfast,  pills and a Muggacoffee,  then  Ben the Border Collie will have  his patrol . At 08:00 we're heading to GY for shopping,  intending to get most done before the grockles wake up.. 

Time to.. Lie back and do nothing... 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, AndyID said:

I seem to remember Kirriemuir was also famous for a bit of a knees up, but we best not go into that here.

Especially if you play in the band and the conductors using a rapier as a baton.  Ooh err...

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Been so busy, with 30747 at home as well that I just haven't had much time to post here.  "We" decided to paint the outside of the house (at last as high as we could get - we'll get our builder to do the rest).  We now have several cans of Sandtex in the garage, as it was three for two in Homebase (the only local stockist).

We also have done all the gloss work outside, porch and front and back doors - again, it was Johnstone's to the rescue, as they were able to supply an oil based gloss in just the shade of green that 30747 wanted.

I have not managed to get all the posts over the past few days read and rated, but I've done my best, and generic greetings are on offer to all who ail or celebrate.

Today, 30747 and her cronies are off somewhere for a lunch - they normally make a bit of a day of it.  I'll be off to Lancaster to try to get a bank print, which is sometimes easier said than done with Barclays these days.  Then I have been allowed (once the shopping items are collected in various places) to go and look at cars, as ours is now getting to the stage where it will need serious money spending - cambelt, brakes and a service, 

Car booting tomorrow - yay - the A6 has decided to open for the season tomorrow, so a  5 am start will be indicated to be on the field by six.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, 45156 said:

We also have done all the gloss work outside, porch and front and back doors - again, it was Johnstone's to the rescue, as they were able to supply an oil based gloss in just the shade of green that 30747 wanted.

I didn’t know Johnstone’s offered an oily Malachite! :derisive:

• Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning everyone. It's another bright and sunny one here in North Salopshire with the promise of 22 degrees + later on so we're planning on the year's first barbecue for a friend's 65th. Hence, once reacquaintance with Mug O'Coffee has taken place it's off to market for the necessary supplies then unearthing the barbecue, which is somewhere in the junk pile we call a garage.

Have a good day/night/somewhere in between depending on where you are, with sympathies for those suffering.

Dave

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

I see 45156 Stewart's wife is 30747 I assume is called Elaine, I can out do that Her is GWR 4040 the daughters are 4048 & 4054 I do have 3 Star class loco's named as such.:biggrin_mini2:

I've been up sometime Her has not spoken a word to me since yesterday GOOD!!, we are going to Her aunts to see if her car is suitable for us Her has found the Fiesta too small

for her fat @rse , her aunt is selling her Focus with the same level of goodies to get a Fiat fart box 500.

Spose I'd better get on I will report back later :superman: Carm Arket :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

• Like 2
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1