RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I see 81C is living life somewhat dangerously. I do hope he doesn’t end up seeing stars! Hat, coat, door to the left....

Edited by Kingzance
Misleading typo/auto-correct
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Ey up! Late night last night as we had to have a tincture or two...glenfiddich red label v glenfiddich matured in IPA casks. I preferred the one matured in IPA casks myself.

Sun is shining, sh1tehawks and pigeons are making a bit of noise..time for a mugatea

Enjoy whatever you do today.

Baz

• Like 13
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Once again the sun is shining, so after a bit of a lie-in followed by breakfast in bed I’m sitting in the kitchen with muggertea No2. Once that’s finished I’m off to the workshop. 

Back later. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I don't think I will be doing much outside today, the hay fever has kicked in already. Plenty to do indoors when I get a round tuit. Muggatee to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold

Goooood moooorninggg aalllll,

The sun is brining shightly and all is well in GDB Towers with another fine and sunny day forecast.

Yesterday's birthday bash for Steve went well. Very well in fact judging by the lack of food left over and the number of empty bottles and glasses. 

Later today we're off to a"Renewal of vows" do for our friends Jo and Nick. Nick is the guy who you may remember was nearly killed on holiday last year when a concrete bollard was clouted by a lorry, fell down a hillside and went through the roof of the restaurant they were eating at hitting Nick with a glancing blow on head and shoulder. 

The "Celebrant" is our other friend Steve whose only qualification for this is that he nearly died from sepsis the previous year and was sitting next to Nick last year so came close again. He is also Nick's best friend and his wife Jane is Nick's  cousin. We've known them for years as we've been friends with Steve's parents since all our kids went to school together some forty years ago. I even gave Steve his first job when he left school. It's a formal dress affair so I'll have to see if I can remember how to tie the bow tie properly!

The Boss has been banging on about us renewing our vows (its the third such do we've been invited to in recent years) I have refused arguing that as I'm still with her since first meeting over 50 years ago any vows renewed are worthless as I'm unlikely to be able to keep them for the next 50 years! :whistle:

This hasn't gone down too well to be completely honest but I am standing my ground. End of!

Have  a good one,

We who are about to die salute you,

Gluteus Maximus.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Kingzance said:

I see 81C is living life somewhat dangerously. I do hope he doesn’t end up seeing stars! Hat, coat, door to the left....

That sums up my life story I could end up seeing cell walls :butcher:,  the car swop is off because Her said it would make thing difficult for her aunt ?????????? !! 

that statement baffled me enough said, but my last word to her was off.

GDB I just hope Her doesn't start that lark while we are in Cuba next month I'll be on the first plane home. :superman:

My head hurts I'm in need of a dark room. :umbrage:

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening/morning/afternoon  wherever you are.  Last night with free wifi so are making the most of it. Two kids and partners spoken to. Waiting to talk to no 2 son.

We didn't go to Watson's bay. The Ayatollahe decreed that there would be less distractions at Manly, so after a good breakfast, to Manly we did go.  I must have behaved myself as when we got back, and after lunch was consumed, I was told to beggar off and ride some trains.  The Opal card worked a treat. 

A quick train rkde to Central Station, and what was waiting but this

P4200306.JPG.2aa4f0c6c02cd41e0ce016567396f1db.JPG

An XPT waiting to set off to Brisbane. It sounded as if it still has the original Valentas.  Then iff towards Chatswood over the bridge, then back to keep the peace. En route I had to stop and photograph the new tramlines, honest guv.

P4200322.JPG.79a3df33bb32caffcb44721cfa4b2723.JPG,

Then out for a meal and some very well cooked Kangaroo steaks in a red wine jus. We get the ship at lunchtime tomorrow but I will try and check in now and again over the next 3.5 weeks. Rachel is probably going to have little Emily on or around 2nd May so we may have to buy some extortionate ship board wifi.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl, 

Just back from GY,  it was quiet when we got there,  a variety of books were purchased,  some about railways from a second hand bookshop. 

SWMBO got several about woolley crafts.. 

We went into the bookshop it was quiet,  when we came out it was heaving. I tweaked my leg again,  and it was bench sitting time while SWMBO did her troll of the shops . Including buying for me packs of disposable knives muddling for the use of. 

Ben got 150 doggy chews off the market,  though that's several months supply.. 

While sat in the sun many frightening sights in shorts wobbled past.. 

Minor food supplies were purchased on the way back.. 

Ben the border collie is out on his long walk while I sit here with my leg up. 

Time to finish my coffee before eye inspection is required... 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

We had a genteel stroll along the old railway line to Hawsker. A steak sandwich accompanied by a pint of Camerons Strong arm was an excellent lunch.

Mugadecaf in hand to be followed by some eyelid  inspection 

Baz

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Some years ago someone used my driveway to pull into and let someone past.  They managed to demolish my front fence... So I moved  a big rock to the corner,  which from an old photo is where the rock used to live... 

The rock has just done it's stuff.... 

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Calm before the storm here, daughters family over for dinner tomorrow and we get the 2 wee monsters for 2 nights sleep overs. In answer to the other post about what age kids become adults the youngest is 4 and he thinks he's old enough to make all our decisions for us. We had 35 degrees in my greenhouse with all the windows open, unheard of round here this early in the year, cooling down over the next few apparently, so cancel the bar-b-que.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Done absolutely nothing today, I just couldn't find the round tuit. Not much will be done tomorrow either as I'm off to the model railway exhibition at the Canvey bus museum.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

We are back from day 1 of our Enfield visits. The pub lunch booked by Aditi was fine. We were even there a few minutes early. I did say I would like to leave home at 10.30 so we could have a relatively calm drive there. At 10.15 Aditi announced she was going to wash her hair. So we left at 11.05.

As it was such a lovely afternoon Aditi suggested we all should go to her sisters so the nieces could play in the garden rather than as planned at MiLs flat. MiL was not amused and blamed Aditi’s sister for this change of plans. With age MIL is less amenable to change of plans. Anyway to the garden we departed and fun ensued. I think Aditi May have told her Mum to cheer up and enjoy her grandchildren’s antics. 

Tomorrow the visitors from Italy arrive. Brother in law Ian decided he would cook and is doing pork. His younger son and I both independently wound him up wondering if he had enough pork. There will be a range of puddings. We are taking gooseberry crumble.  

Tony

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Done absolutely nothing today, I just couldn't find the round tuit. Not much will be done tomorrow either as I'm off to the model railway exhibition at the Canvey bus museum.

Hope you don’t get caught in the queues for the Canvey beaches. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Tony_S said:

Hope you don’t get caught in the queues for the Canvey beaches. 

I'll be going via South Benfleet to collect my friend and his lad. I expect hold ups at Sadlers Farm but theres no way of avoiding that.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I had a hot beer crepe once. Fortunately, I was close to a toilet and just made it.........

Rob

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 17

Twas warm here today in sunny Teignmouth.

I prepped some rocks to cement on to my terraced garden wall, tomorrows job.

2 washing loads done and dried in about 5 mins (maybe a tad longer but it felt damned quick).

Planted a Mimosa tree, Acacia Dealbata, a few days ago.  So watering twice daily at the moment.  Tomorrow I must find a place for an Acer and a cherry tree.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

The birthday BBQ went well even though it brought back sad memories as the last time we had one was the night before we had to have our old dog Sam put down. It still hurts.

Night night everyone. Sleep tight wherever you are.

Dave

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Cheers all. About to go RTD in a few minutes on what has been an unusually quiet Saturday night so far. I suppose many people will be away over Easter, or staying at home and lazing out. Not that I mind!

Sleep well... :bye:

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2