The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brianusa said:

With not much travelling these days, I find my car's battery goes flat;  'Dead' for all others than locals.   The charger is doing extra service so isn't there something that would keep the battery charged up,  I have heard there might be such a device.

Brian.

My car does not get much use during the winter so I use a "trickle charger", quite reasonable price purchased from Halfords.

Having had to call out the M-B assistance people to get a dud car working the Dealership suggested the trickle charger, even suggested where I bought it!!

Keith

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. It seems that since the corona virus started theres a lot of people signing up to a couple of groups that I administer on Facebook. One is a (none-railway) modelling group and the other is a local history photo group. Spoke to my brother earlier, no apparent harm done but my sister had already spoken to him read him the riot act.

2 hours ago, brianusa said:

With not much travelling these days, I find my car's battery goes flat;  'Dead' for all others than locals.   The charger is doing extra service so isn't there something that would keep the battery charged up,  I have heard there might be such a device.

Brian.

It might be that you need a new battery. Modern batteries in good condition should hold enough power to start an engine after being idle for a couple of months.

• Like 17

Words that are still worth listening to.

FDR's inaugural address, 1933.

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself; nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror, which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 8
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 16/03/2020 at 23:53, pH said:

Absolutely! Our son and his family cut short a holiday in Hawaii when the Canadian government  advised that they should, arrived back here on Monday at 1 AM, and have started 14 days of 'self isolating'. Apparently CBSA haven't been too good about telling people arriving in Canada that they should be 'self isolating', but they're now being reminded that they should be doing so.

Had an eMail from them just now. They're in Monroe, Mich for the night and know that they have to quarantine.

Edit:  I'm talking about our neighbours. I think there's a continuity problem in my thoughts.

Edited by BR60103
  • Friendly/supportive 18

6 hours ago, brianusa said:

Brian.

Ten of your Washington Bucks (plus tax) at Harbor Freight. I have several.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automatic-battery-float-charger-42292.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Having just finished a Guinness Stout for St. Pattrick's Day, it is time to say good night owl from the somewhat cool (512° R) Piedmont.

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1