RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Of course, to be an effective sniper you need to be [a] highly trained and be equipped with an appropriate rifle

Although the Canadians have banned the 5 shot semi auto Accuracy international AW 50, the AX 50, which is virtually the same rifle but in bolt action configuration, is still legal.

• Informative/Useful 14

Morning, been busy with the "G" word today, greenhouse is going mad with the warmer temperatures, I do like home grown produce.

Re Marmite, another fan here, though as I used to live about 2 miles from the factory in Branston(I lived in Barton Under Needwood) I could have been put off by the industrial quantity of smells that emanated from there most days.

Re air rifles and sound moderators, up here in Scotland we do have to have a certificate, though I don't see any reference to moderators on it.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Agree about the smells emanating from the Marmite factory - absolutely hated it as we were uphill from it in the days of Burton living.

2 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning, been busy with the "G" word today, greenhouse is going mad with the warmer temperatures, I do like home grown produce.

Re Marmite, another fan here, though as I used to live about 2 miles from the factory in Branston(I lived in Barton Under Needwood) I could have been put off by the industrial quantity of smells that emanated from there most days.

Re air rifles and sound moderators, up here in Scotland we do have to have a certificate, though I don't see any reference to moderators on it.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

That's because the AGC (Scotland) was what is considered by the vast majority as a pointless and vexatious legislation only applies to air rifles which do not require an FAC. so they are governed by the same regulations as the rest of the UK (NI being a separate case, where all firearms require licencing:  Yet you can still legally possess an FAC rated pistol, unlike the rest of the UK!)

• Informative/Useful 14

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone 

Late on parade again today, must have needed the kip. A bit of gardening to do before dinner, then some more time in the workshop after dinner. 

Happy birthday Stewart 

Back later 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

must be about 8 years since we met at an RMweb day at Stafford so we ought really both try to get to the next meet once we're allowed out.

Indeed, Mike it was about 8 years ago, and it was a very good day indeed, even though the weather was not all that brilliant - I recall that the West Coast Main Line was almost flooded - and yes, I do hope to meet up again sometime in the not too distant future - shame that the ERs gathering fell through.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Mention of toasted sarnies reminded me that I haven't had cheese on toast for a while. I lightly toast the bread then cover it with thinly sliced cheese slightly overhanging the edges. (No butter or margerine, it makes the toast soggy.) I then added a layer of chopped onion and covered it with grated cheese. Grill under a low heat until the cheese melts and turns a golden brown.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

It's Old Empire O'clock.  Rick, I wanted to mark your post as thanks, and supportive - hope all is well with your sister, and am I to assume that you are being furloughed at work from your comment about joining the lack of festivities club?

Edited by 45156
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl, 

Ben the happy Collie has just departed on his long patrol with SWMBO, so  I'm enjoying a corned beef and raw onion tiny sarnie.. Tiny?  Yes our latest red cross parcel contained the correct bread but in a miniature form, each slice is about 4 inches square,  so I'm having a pig out with two.. 

I carried out building the external shelving till I ran out of wood,  wandered down towards The MhRC and spotted,  two more decking planks.  They too are now made smaller to fit and have been installed.. So I'm now short of.....  1 plank..

While fitting the upper shelves I took advantage and injected sealant in a few crevices at the roof wall Junction.  As the garage has gradually got darker I can see more gaps that need filling. Access is the problem as there is so much junk in there. 

SWMBO has been filling the shelves with various potted things.. 

Just as I packed up I spotted the ply base for the next scenic sub board,  this has now had suitable wooden bracing fitted and will accompany me shortly to the MhRC for scenic foam installation. 

I'm off carrying something,  a can of fermented apple juice awaits. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, Firstly congratulations Stewart on your birthday many more to come I trust.

Well after a lazy morning I decided to trim the hedges leaving the lawns until tomorrow, this work was done in bright sunshine and blue sky however the sky has turned a black colour and a shower is on the cards.

My view on Marmite sadly for those of you who love  it is Marmite= the spawn of the devil! However if its ever rationed you can have my allocation free of charge!

On that note enjoy what's left of the day and be safe.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, AndrewC said:

8 1/2 years ago the people that adopted them returned them to the shelter after they split up. I will never understand people who could do that.

8 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Sadly, for many people that is the nature of marital break up. You end up living somewhere that you can not have pets.

I'll take another guess at this:

"I'm having the cats"

"No you're not - I am!"

"Think again"

"Dream on, they're my cats!"

"We'll have one each then"

"No way are we separating them - they'd hate it"

"Well you're not having them, and if I can't then they'll have to go back to the Shelter"

"Better that than separating them or you getting them, you B'Stard...."

• Friendly/supportive 17

Morning all,

Back later to read all that has happened, and it sure is a LOT of pages :O

For now, yesterday I got most of the track basically set out to determine where the garden railway would "venture", and have a questio0n for those with same...

Possibly I'm in the minority being in the US, the track is a mix of LGB and Aristocraft, more Aristo, so here's the questions;

i) Will the fishplates alone provide a decent enough connection initially for the track power, given I'll use some pliers to make sure there's a lot of positive contact. I've got a honking Aristo G-Gauge controller that's going to be used to start with.

ii) With the Aristo, they have screw attached fishplates, see below;

20200503_Aristo.jpg.82cce856bdf173fdf40fb227b390e797.jpg

will they provide good enough additional electrical route, AND how the hell do you manage to get those tiny screws installed down on your hands and knees without losing the buqqers??

:)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12