RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

34 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I hope that means I will get to meet you when you visit the Mid Hants Railway. 

Yes I hope so too Chris, that would be good, do you know Dave that has the Brighton East Layout on here that works there from Cowplain? I'm just down the road from him.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes I hope so too Chris, that would be good, do you know Dave that has the Brighton East Layout on here that works there from Cowplain? I'm just down the road from him.

I probably know him by sight but not by name! There are so many people that you see regularly but are never able to talk to and find out their names, also I am dreadful with remembering names. When the line is running normally I try to Guard around half the Real Ale Trains plus some daytime services. I also do some TTI (Travelling Ticket Inspector) duties so normally do between three and six duties a month.

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 17

Crikey! The floppy to USB converter thingy has arrived in the mail. It was posted on Saturday - in California. The expected delivery was Friday.

The 3D printer is printing a LH B7.5. Theoretically it should be "curvable". It says it will take 50 minutes but I suspect that's a bit optimistic. Also theoretically I have finished designing all the flippin' chairs complete with as much detail as they are ever going to get, but we'll see about that :)

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

I must have set out for the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix earlier than usual, as when I got there, there was nobody queueing so I was first in line. I even managed to get everything on the shopping list, the down side is I forgot to pick up my repeat prescription request form off the table before setting off. Anyway, as it was sunny, I decided to walk up to the pharmacy after dinner and I dropped it in.

The afternoon was then spent sat at the dining room table with paper and pencil drawing up the plans for the control panels. The next stage will be to transfer all the measurements onto a cutting plan to see how much wood I’ll need. I’m pretty certain that a single 8’ x 4’ sheet of 6mm ply (or possibly MDF) will be enough for all the 3 control panels.

Goodnight all 

• Like 19

Today is Cinco de Mayo - the Mexican/American drinking holiday - think St. Pat's day with tequila and/or cerveza instead of Guinness. It's also "taco Tuesday".

Since I just finished off the third portion of beef tacos I prepared last Thursday, I shan't be having those, though the possibility of fish tacos (using frozen fish) exists.

It ostensibly celebrates a thoroughly irrelevant Mexican victory in the 1862 Battle of Puebla over the invading army of the second French Empire in the "Second French intervention in Mexico". The French would go on to capture Mexico City, much like the US did in 1847.

Being largely excuse to go to a Mexican restaurant/bar, I don't think it will be widely celebrated in lockdown.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 7

22 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Wintry showers forecast for the weekend ...

After our fourth driest April on record we've had three consecutive days with rain (which the garden appreciated). Despite mild temperatures and showers in the immediate forecast (18°C on Wednesday), by the weekend we are presently forecast to see our hottest weather since last August - almost 30°C on Saturday.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 6

2 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

After our fourth driest April on record we've had three consecutive days with rain

Yes, and kindly stop sending it in this direction :)

• Funny 18