The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PupCam said:

I have to say, this made me chuckle !

Jam or Cream.jpg

I'm at a bit of a Crossroads about this one. 

But I'm So Glad I'm not in the White Room drinking a Strange Brew. I'd rather be drinking Sweet Wine with Brave Ulyses. 

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Just to note that tomorrow (May 10) is our 47th anniversary. We will probably go to the next city to see some swans. We are still unceratain whether it is safe to have take-out food.

Polly: I couldn't see the first video in your post. It may be restricted zoning.

Happy Anniversary David.

11 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Yes. That was the case for me too.

You could try this, the theme as used at the beginning and end of the TV programme, John Judge Deed - big, bold, and brassy.  Hopefully it you will have rights to it.

Or this, which the orchestral version is similar and which begins with a slow section. The sheet music is in USD, so you may be able to access the score and the video of one of Wiseman's piano versions https://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/score/HL-216479.html 

Click on the Tab 'Video' - next to the 'Info' tab - below the music score.

All the best

Polly

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Rick its probably tree pollen, mainly ash trees. I went out in the car today which is fitted with pollen filters which are very effective, as long as you keep the windows shut. Wearing a mask does little to alleviate the hay fever it seems.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

22 minutes ago, polybear said:

Well it took Bear ALL DAY to check thru' the unopened kitchen bits - open, examine, wrap (or put somewhere safe until needed); some bits were found to be marked (nothing serious - but flagged up as damaged) and a few hardware items were missing.  At least that job's done at last :yahoo:

In other news:

Bear gets emails from the local "OWL" (Neighbourhood Watch) Group - this was received this evening, which may be worth bearing in mind:

New Scam relating to Virgin Media

Dear Watch Member,

There appears to be a Virgin Media scam that seems to be trending.

Recent victims have all said the same, they have reported a fault to Virgin Media and then received a call from someone purporting to be from Virgin in relation to the reported fault.

This is extremely worrying because the victims believe they are talking to the genuine company.  One victim reported a fault to Virgin Media on the Friday and was advised she would receive a call on Monday. The victim did indeed receive a call on the Monday, but sadly it was from the scammer, and lost a considerable amount of money. The scammer is either asking for remote control access to the victim’s computer or asking for bank details.

We have received several reports, including one today. We have liaised with Virgin Media about this.

Service Providers would never ask for bank details in such circumstances, and certainly not require access to customer computers/devices.

If you need to report a Fraud, please go to www.actionfraud.police.uk  

Also, there is a petition to stop the closure of Wells Next The Sea Railway:

https://www.change.org/p/holkham-estate-to-stop-the-closure-of-wells-next-the-sea-railway

Tomorrow should see continued progress on the kitchen - next up is modifying the sink base unit; I never did get around to contacting the gas man regarding capping off the gas pipe, so I'd better do that too.

Just been watching "The Yorkshire Auction House" - a very nice collection of Aeronautical memorabilia, Ltd. Ed. Prints, models, lead soldiers etc. went for the best side of £6K.  Personally this Bear much preferred the look of the house with the collection intact though, rather than the empty rooms once the collection had been cleared.  Sadly the owner had passed away though....

I saw an older episode last week the guy had been a Ferrarri F1 can be had a lift full of memorabilia including some scale models he built himself . It was sad when the loft was emptied but the Daughter was 15 grand better off. She kept a couple of bits but everything sold

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Goodnight all.

As those of you in the northern hemisphere lay down your weary heads, down here on the other side of the world the new day has just begun and the koala gang for one, are keen to see what the new day may bring.

koala.jpg.d2a3df6e9143d49788479946a50476d5.jpg

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well I’ve not done a great deal really today, mainly just small jobs, like making sure there are no more nails left in the walls and ceiling of the cellar. Clearing any loose bits of plaster debris that may impeded the fitting of the plasterboard etc. Speaking of which, I have a few bits of plasterboard offcuts that are big enough for the area around the cellar window. So I made a start measuring and cutting them, hopefully I’ll start fitting them tomorrow. 

I also finished the NOTES and they are now all back on the iPad where they belong. I did a couple of trips to the shed and workshop this morning, luckily I’d just got back to the cellar when the rain came down.  Since then it’s been sun, rain,sun, rain, all day, with a bit of wind thrown in for good measure.

Once I’d finished and I’d got changed, I finished making the fruit tea loaf that I’d left soaking overnight. The kitchen smelt lovely for the rest of the afternoon. 

This evening, being a Monday, I completed the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix. It wasn’t too busy and most people were wearing masks properly, but not everyone, I don’t know what is so difficult. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2