The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It was sunny a few minutes ago, it now gone a bit dark and looks like it could chuckinitdarn at any minute. 

So, plans for today are to go to the tip and get rid of a couple of large, but broken plastic plat pots along with some other rubbish, one run should do it. Then I’ll call at Screwfix for an outdoor socket, then it’s onto the big orange DIY shed for some more pavers for the wheelbarrow run. Hopefully I’ll be back in time for my mid morning muggertea,  then I can get started on laying the pavers. It’s only 24ft long so I’m hoping a couple of days should see me finish it, but that’s if the weather holds. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I could hear the Muntjac deer again last night, but I've yet to see one. They are very shy creatures so thats no surprise. A package arrived this morning containing something that runs on two parallel strips of metal from E-bay, good going as I only paid for it on Friday. Best wishes to Dave's dad and Gordon, be back later.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

iD

p.s. if any ERs have any suggestions as to a decent deep fat fryer, I’m all ears.

Sadly not, I'm afraid. I am old school and use a chip pan filled with dripping/lard on the hob. 

• Like 15
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

randomly blocking some email addressed to both me and herself.  No way of finding out what is going on.. their chatline is very understaffed.. and the phone lines.. well just forget it.. I feel the call of another supplier coming along!

BT and other ISPs will block emails from insecure servers or ones that are spamming them. I assume they have some system that kicks in when a certain proportion of spam is detected. If you change supplier I don’t see how you can know if they behave the same too. I would suggest that if you really need these emails, set up a Gmail (or similar) account and ask the organisation to send your emails to that address. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

Well, time for a new TV.

Have looked and chosen a Sony OLED as I wanted something really different to my current set, so another LCD (some people call them LEDs - they're not :P) simply wouldn't have cut the mustard.

Boiling in the office today.

Maybe I should sit here shirtless...  then again, maybe not!

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2