The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Alberta beef on the BBQ along with Newfie Snow crab, Poutine, and a few Canadian beers. (not bloody Molson's beaver p!ss either) Just hope the hip behaves. 

On my two trips to Canada I seem to have managed to completely avoid the beaver pee. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 17

Morning all, shinny but a gentle breeze can be reported from these parts this morning.

To walk or not to walk, the decision will be made after the visit to the washery.

Have a good day one and all, Stay safe and keep well.:dancer:

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Forgot to mention, I heard a scuffling outside yesterday evening. It was a young fox on the patio snaffling up the slugs and snails bought out by the rain. I stood and watched it for several minutes but then I must have made a noise because he/she looked up for a minute or two then shot off into the shrubbery.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, pH said:

Unlikely to taste the same as the original (this may be a good thing).  Beers brewed elsewhere under their original name are usually (in my experience) trading on nostalgia or reputation, but produced according to local tastes. At one time, I could get “Tennent’s Lager” on draft in Vancouver. It tasted nothing like the Scottish original - it was just another Canadian lager.

Once upon a time the Canadian national brands all had to be brewed within the province they were sold in. One of those ancient and bizarre liquor laws Canadians hate. Molson beers brewed in Montreal were different than those brewed in Edmonton, etc. Today brewers claim to have been able to replicate beers across differing water chemistry, brewing vessels, etc. I call ******* but for many beers their ability to match flavour profiles across different breweries is fairly good for things like lager, pilsner, and other lighter beers. Not so much for bitters and stouts. Bud is a case in point. It varies in ABV around the world but still tastes exactly like making love in a canoe. 

Edited by AndrewC
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Once upon a time the Canadian national brands all had to be brewed within the province they were sold in. One of those ancient and bizarre liquor laws Canadians hate. Molson beers brewed in Montreal were different than those brewed in Edmonton, etc. Today brewers claim to have been able to replicate beers across differing water chemistry, brewing vessels, etc. I call ******* but for many beers their ability to match flavour profiles across different breweries is fairly good for things like lager, pilsner, and other lighter beers. Not so much for bitters and stouts. Bud is a case in point. It varies in ABV around the world but still tastes exactly like making love in a canoe. 

I didn't realise that lager was that dangerous.

Jamie

• Funny 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

What he needs to build in are some kind of dependency function; I can't do said tasks until someone else has done their bit.

Good luck. We were supposed to produce plans like that when I worked as an advisory teacher for our training courses. . I think someone senior had been on a “How Gantt charts can solve everything “ course. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12