RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Can I see your nurse drac.. Still waiting for the outcomes of my review 3 months ago....

Baz

That is a disgrace! Not that my treatment was that much better when I was still in the UK. Due to Covid, they would not due a proper review at all, just telephone interviews. I told them where they could put their telephone.

Have every sympathy with NHS problems due to Covid, but what good to they think they can do with a telephone interview? Diabetes needs tests (and results).

• Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Bread pudding has been consumed so no cakes or biscuits until Monday, now on second muggatee. Delivered the wrongly delivered parcel a short while ago, no one was in but the porch door was open so I left it in the porch out of sight. Arthur Itis had been kicking up a bit but the Nurofen has been deployed and all is quiet. Now to tackle Farcebook, be back later.

• Like 19

Good Evening awl, for it may yet turn out to be!

Despite a relatively dry day, automatic wipers detected some damp bits on the windscreen whilst driving home.

Talking about medical examinations and tests, I have to pass by the local hospital tomorrow to return their portable ECG monitor which was fitted today (I will refrain from pointing out that it was EARLIER today for it is already fitted and I try to avoid stating the B******G obvious!)

In other news:

WTF is a craft beer?

11 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

....and it is nothing like what it used to be - in  fact it's carp!

When Fuller's of Chiswick bought out Gales of Horndean, they spent a fortune on finding the right formula to make the Chiswick brew taste the same as the Horndean brew. I remain unconvinced!

However, as far as I'm concerned, if a beer ain't conformant with the, at least, 500 year-old Purity Laws, it ain't a beer!

Under said Laws, a beer is made from water, barley, yeast and hops. NOTHING ELSE!

It is the flavour of the water, the way in which the particularly chosen variety of barley is cracked (I shall avoid using the Oxford Comma here) and the type of hops used which determine both the style and flavour of the beer.

We all have our own definitions of so-called real ale and craft beers, but, for me, it couldn't be simpler than the Purity Laws!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 16

27 minutes ago, polybear said:

At a wild guess I'd say a beer with an inflated price....

Bear spent this evening test fitting the plumbing bits to the sink - I'm still one bit short:angry: as I've found that the output of the sink trap is misaligned with the pipe it needs to hook up to (by 3/4" or so).  Turdycurses.  An early morning (6am) sortie to Wickes is planned - buy several likely couplings and return what I don't need.  Seems like a plan....

At one time Wickes plumbing fittings were slightly different to other suppliers i don't know wether this is still.The case seen as they are related to Toolstation and were part of Travis Perkins i do know I had problems with some drainage parts ooh 15 years ago

• Like 11
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnDMJ said:

WTF is a craft beer?

It was a volume distinction which became popular to differentiate between microbreweries (often served on premises, perhaps with some local distribution) at the low-end and large industrial brewers at the high end. 

In the US it applies to brewers brewing less than 6 million barrels per year, with no ownership by the large industrial brewers.

It's meant to imply a quality beer made by a smaller producer but with wider distribution than a brewpub.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 11

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

...snip... It's meant to imply a quality beer made by a smaller producer but with wider distribution than a brewpub.

Quality in whose opinion? Most "craft" beers that I have sampled should be poured back into the horse!

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add a missing word.
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 12

Before and after (actually ‘after and before’) of the Main Street in Lytton:

https://www.citynews1130.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/sites/9/2021/07/01/lytton-wildfire-destruction-town.jpg

There’s an idea that the fire was sparked by a CN train. CN says an “initial review of our operations” shows “protocols were followed.”

Edited by pH
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 8

On 01/07/2021 at 01:50, Pacific231G said:

American beer certainly isn't. The same description could be applied to coffee there and the "cuisine" seems to be a case of the bland leading the bland (with added corn syrup!) .

I'm sorry but as an Australian I find that deeply offensive and racist because absolutely no one here ever drinks Fosters. 

No one.

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 16