RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

3 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Peoplesoft (never been on the sharp end of this carp before) has to be the most USER HOSTILE software I've ever seen!

I venture to suggest that the home grown interface to SAP that my old employer used to apply for PTO might have been worse. It was integrated, but it was horrible.

• Friendly/supportive 14

6 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Well the Red Arrers got re routed, no show here sadly, ...

I had a personal air show this morning. As I was out walking, a pair of F15s from the Oregon Air National Guard in Portland did a moderately low altitude* circle above my neighbourhood, a couple of times directly overhead.

* It was hard to judge but probably less than 500m. There were low scattered clouds and they were beneath the cloud ceiling. High enough that it wasn't worth trying to photograph them with my telephone.

11 hours ago, grandadbob said:

It's really peaceful here :no: with the shouting and arguing in several foreign tongues, the clatter of scaffold tubes and boards, power drills, hammering and sawing from 3 different sites.  The scaffold lorry has now been joined by a large lorry full of timber so his engine will be revving in a moment when he gets his Hiab working.

The sounds of summer here have been full of workers. A lot of roofers with their nail guns, but mostly crews cutting down trees and feeding them into woodchippers. The neighbourhood had many relatively mature maples which do not seem to have fared well between the tandem of the ice storm and extreme heat wave. Several have died.

Yesterday my next door neighbour removed concrete pavers from his hardscaped terraced patio. All morning was accompanied by the crash of concrete pavers being dumped into a trailer along with occasional concrete grinding. Today I see that the hardscape is replaced with artificial turf. That installation was quiet. Probably not a choice I would have made, but it's not my house.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis is getting active, might be some rain on the way then. 

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Do you know what code lead and width is being used? (I assume the original lead can't be re-used).  And is it genuine lead, or lead substitute?  Bearing in mind the overlaps that does sound cheap to this Bear, as the best part of a ton could go on the lead alone.  I'm assuming the roofer is "known" and not asking for cash up front....

I don't think they use lead now.  When next doors extension was re-roofed a couple of years ago the flashing was plastic and moulded with the aid of a hot air gun.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis is getting active, might be some rain on the way then. 

I don't think they use lead now.  When next doors extension was re-roofed a couple of years ago the flashing was plastic and moulded with the aid of a hot air gun.

Lead is still used also stainless steel and there is also flashband that is a lead substitute that requires a primer on some surfaces otherwise it's self adhesive 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3