RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

One thing at the moment seems strange, in that the Taliban haven't attacked the airport, there must be many in the Taliban who fancy taking a few pot shots, as they would no doubt be a hero to many afgans..

I suspect P. Biden's speech including the following may have something to do with it:

As we carry out this departure, we have made it clear to the Taliban: If they attack our personnel or disrupt our operation, the U.S. presence will be swift, and the response will be swift and forceful. We will defend our people with devastating force if necessary. Our current military mission is short on time, limited in scope and focused in its objectives: Get our people and our allies as safely and quickly as possible. And once we have completed this mission, we will conclude our military withdrawal. We will end America’s longest war after 20 long years of bloodshed.

There's some truth in the saying "Let sleeping dogs lie...."

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

Greetings all from LBG - another day in the office, and it is grey but dry outside. I need to get home at a reasonable hour because Mrs Lurker is going to an event at Stanfords (travel book people).

Yesterday's meetings went as predicted, although one tax authority has put an end to kicking the can down the road by setting a three week deadline for all outstanding info. Most of it is available; if only they had actually prepared the accounts and done the tax returns like they were supposed to....

I hope that Tigerburnie's investigation goes OK, likewise PupCam, and that Chrisf gets satisfactory results later this week. And also that Jamie continues to feel OK and that the lurgy doesn't strike him harder. 

Have a good day all!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning from a former colliery site. Not too good news here. Yesterday afternoon I got the result of the day 8 Covid test that I took on Saturday.  It was positive.  I now need to self isolatr till the dsy we go back. For the moment I feel OK apart from mild cold/ flu symptoms. As long as that stays the same and I'm OK on yhe 23rd and 24th then we can travel on the 25th as planned. All the others in yhe house are fine and negative on lateral flow tests.  I have no idea where I picked it up but my brother in law is awaiting gor a PCR result. We met them in a restaurant a week ago and I got my cold/flu symptoms on Saturday.  It's all a bit of a mystery.

Anyway I have some coach kits to work on and books to read and another DIY task has been allocated.  Also a certain smalll pink tornado is fine.

Pup Cam, good luck with the scan. Tigerburnie, good result and hope that the next results are also good.

Jamie

Be careful there Jamie as you had one of those 'el-cheapo' foreign vaccines courtesy of the EU it won't be as effective as good old made in Britain ones!!!

Well at least the BiL now has confirmation that he's got Covid- mind you if his test comes back negative!

You really are a plague carrier arnt you - chicken pox - covid. Should be calling you Typhoid Mary.:D

• Funny 10

When I got to Sidcup station, I saw this:

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/19519588.two-hospital-bus-crashes-sidcup-building/

there were lots of police cars as well by the time I got there.

the bus would have just gone round a turning circle so should have had no passengers on it and could not to have been going very fast. Hopefully the injured will recover 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Trolls, they can hide behind their tippy tappy spreading their poison and vitriol not caring who they hurt.

I hope they get their comeuppance Baz  a visit from a couple of Irish men in balaclavsas would scare the bejesus out of them or our Hippo friend may know some suitable "gentlemen".

Other recourse s are available via solicitors but not as much fun 

Hope you and your son manage to sort them out 

• Like 3
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

Earlier in the BBC website was an article about some idiot that has had to be evacuated from Kabul because he was there on HOLIDAY.

It reminded me of something that happened to my Mum.

She used to work for a bank, One day she answered the phone it was a customer with a problem, she asked if he could come into the branch to sort it. The reply was " No I can't I'm in Afghanistan "

Mum replied "Are you having a nice holiday" :blush:

Err I'm not on holiday 

My mum apologised straight away and got the manager to sort out his problem there and then 

Bearing in mind my brother had been called up as a an Raf reservist at this sort of time 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

A medium kinda day for Bear - paint spread, caulk squirted, tidying & sorting done.  Tick

I also sent a text to the Tiler:

"....you'll have to bear with me cos' I'm very busy at the moment....." :sad_mini:

Not unexpected, but still not what I was hoping.  Still, there's no great rush and I can wait.

Someone beat me to a kitbuilt loco on the TW thread.  Turdycurses :cry:

Tomorrow sees a meet-up with a couple of guys from the Model Engineering Class at a local Cafe :yahoo: - a full English could be involved with any luck...

Also, the final score on the two rolls of obsolete wallpaper (Super Fresco) on the 'bay was forty six quid plus postage - the seller had a result there.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. A bit late this afternoon but its still light outside (just)

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Had a funny sort of a day. Started well ( a trip to Waitrose and a cheesmongers for supplies for visitors lunch tomorrow. Came home, glued myself to various bits of modelling items (but it didn't stick the bits which needed to stick! Pah!)

The super builder next door broke his mini digger so has been laying bricks.. erm.. no need for a damp proof course apparently.. and not much need for mortar in places people can't see. The cavity is also way to small... still.. they won't be around to see it fall down I suppose!

Then.. my cricket "troll" is having a go at both me and my cricketer son. He rally has gone too far! As for his sidekick.. it could end very, very badly.

Chicken Pasta bake for tea... time to go and help!

Baz

As some of the building work sends a lot of water in the direction of your property I would feel inclined to divert it back to the wall thats without a damp course. :jester::diablo_mini:

14 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

... And a spam comment I wasn't expecting ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2021/08/17/spot-the-difference/

I had to Google 'spanking knickers'.:blush::blush:

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I suppose the answer to the question is do you spank them when being worn or on their own.

Jamir

To each there own, to each their own.

Only don't get caught doing it or you will be in hot water.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Seems very quiet here on ER's re. postings where is everyone?

10 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I suppose the answer to the question is do you spank them when being worn or on their own.

Jamir

Depends on which one of you is wearing them.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

14 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Seems very quiet here on ER's re. postings where is everyone?

Present.

Cool and cloudy weather here - still dry but only 21°C. A nice change and a taste of weather to come when the seasons change. Perfect for yardwork, (which I really need to do) but I had a rough night's broken sleep and don't feel great.

Televised tennis is on from Cincinnati (ATF/WTA-1000 before the US Open)  but they have had a three-hour rain delay - first thought to be a "rogue cloudburst". Little to report so no posting.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2