RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Back from Waitrose and in fact I did get a bit excited.  Whilst perusing the booze section I discovered bottles of Penderyn Madeira Whisky (46%ABV) on sale for £26.  Never tried the Welsh stuff before although it has been highly recommended by several people but at that price I thought it would be rude not to accept the offer.  (Sainsbury's are also selling it at the same price)

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. Hay fever is kicking in again so no G word today but I've cleared enough space in the utility room to get onto clearing the shed. Part of that is bagging up stuff for the charity shop. Mostly old clothes and paperback books. I also have some old computers, tablets and mobile phones to dispose of. 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Quite frankly, My Dear Bear, most wedding food - worldwide - is at best just edible.

Bear went to a very good friend's wedding many, many moons ago; I can't recall the din dins menu now, but I do recall the chips still being raw......

The rest was pretty grim by all accounts - buddy's mum (who was an extremely good Head Cook at a private school) was in tears over it - and afterwards let rip at the kitchen staff (and she was rather good at that too).  The Buffet in the evening was much, much better - and got demolished as a result cos' everyone was so hungry.

First coat of paint below D.R. level on the remaining wall; I'll do a second coat this afternoon, plus a coat around the window reveal.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Just remembered that I still haven't received my Owatrol Oil - or the promised emails telling me what's happening 😡.  So yet another Snottocall (the 3rd) fired off.....

I'm told it's "in the post" and I'll receive it tomorrow.  Bear remains unconvinced. 

edit:  Just received a confirmation email (but no tracking number) - and also asking about collecting the incorrect item.  Turdycurses.

Edited by polybear
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

I was just having an NHS rant over on TNM, they instituted a policy here last year to only send out appointment letters 6 weeks before an appointment was due, in order to try to improve the no-show figures.  Good idea IMHO.  I got a letter today, for an appointment to see a Consultant on.....23rd February 2023!  No wonder folk forget appointments. Also I thought, and am sure I was told, that I had been discharged from that clinic - seems not!  As it could be important I'll speak to them about it.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

What the heck do I do with this?!

"You have sent  $808.08  to  Paypal LLC, It may take 24 hours for this transaction to appear on your account.

Order Date                    : MAY 09 , 2022 .

Payment Source             : DP - Credits.

#THANKS YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US ! ORDER HAS CONFIRMED SUCCESSFULLY.

ORDER ID                   : WDE/SK-3729472.

PRODUCT                  : Whirlpool 8.5 Kg 5 Star Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine.

Item                                  : $739.99.

Shipping  &  handling        : $38.82.

Total before tax                 : $778.81.

Estimated Tax                    : $29.99.

Order Total                      : $808.08.

Thanks you for Shopping with Us,

If  There is Issue with  this transaction?

Call Our Customer Support Care :  +1 (1810)-(206) -(2331)   for further assistance.

Thanks And Regards

@Team - PayPal"

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chrisf said:

Looks like a scam, I don’t think Paypal would have such poor formatting and grammar. 
Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com

Edited by Tony_S
  • Agree 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

SCAM.

If you go on the paypal site  their American number is .. 1-888-221-1161

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Looks like a scam, I don’t think Paypal would have such poor formatting and grammar. 

Definitely a scam - just look at the telephone number for “customer support”, +1 could theoretically mean a US number, but 1810 isn’t a US area code (810 is). I am assuming that the (un)lucky recipient of such an email will be so puzzled as to call that number which, in the best case, will mean being stuck on the phone for a good 20 or 30 minutes at an extortionate per minute rate.

worst case scenario could involve the people at the other end of the line saying that there is a problem with this order and all your PayPal transactions have been blocked and you have to pay up £ XXX to un block them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Spent the afternoon re-arranging the utility room and I'm now cream crackered. Back was beginning to ache as well so a couple of Nurofen have been taken. Next task is to start emptying the shed, giving it a clean and a coat of paint, then add a few shelves and start cluttering it up again.

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Bear has just got a second email supposedly from my Internet Provider, to inform me that my email inbox is full and I won't be able to receive any more emails.  S'funny that - it seems to be working pretty well so far.  For some strange reason the sender's true email seems to bear no resemblance to the company.  Weird 🤣

Coat of paint number two finished.  Tick.  The last will be tomorrow morning.  Still haven't started that window reveal yet though.....  oh yes I have - first coat just applied.  Barring any disasters I'll finish paintin' those effin' walls tomorrow.  Bear will be a very, very Happy Bunny when that happens.

In other news......

It's definitely Harry the H (as in Hedgehog - not Hippo) scoffin' the kitty crunchies - he's presented Bear with a couple of dumps next to his din dins bowl.  How kind.  So I'd better go and recharge the bowl & water now, prior to his next visit.

And finally.....

Bear discovered this growing in a pot - any ideas what it is?  It looks kinda interesting/promising, rather than yer run-of-the-mill weed:

1903263533_IMG_24791.JPG.55a54451960c77e2c714aab1bad839b9.JPG

• Like 17

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Definitely a scam - just look at the telephone number for “customer support”, +1 could theoretically mean a US number, but 1810 isn’t a US area code (810 is). I am assuming that the (un)lucky recipient of such an email will be so puzzled as to call that number which, in the best case, will mean being stuck on the phone for a good 20 or 30 minutes at an extortionate per minute rate.

worst case scenario could involve the people at the other end of the line saying that there is a problem with this order and all your PayPal transactions have been blocked and you have to pay up £ XXX to un block them.

Simple PayPal test of authenticity is that PayPal WILL ALWAYS address anything to you using your first name rather than email address, ie Dear John never dear johnxsmith@yahoo.com.

Unless you are dealing with Australian PayPal in which case a y or o will be added so it'll be dear Johno etc.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 11

Our power keeps tripping out its done it 3 times so far, its a street wide issue due to the cacophony of alarms that go off as they think they are being tampered with.

@polybear could it be a sempervirens I have some in a small alpine pan on the decking and they do look similar. Also you are lucky its a hedgehog leaving the deposit not a tail twirling hippo

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Our power keeps tripping out its done it 3 times so far, its a street wide issue due to the cacophony of alarms that go off as they think they are being tampered with.

Bear suspects that some of your neighbours (a) need new back-up batteries in their alarm systems, and (b) need to wire their alarms to the mains using surge & spike arrestors (always a good idea as it helps protect them from being fubar'd in a Thunder Storm.

• Like 7
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear has just got a second email supposedly from my Internet Provider, to inform me that my email inbox is full and I won't be able to receive any more emails.  S'funny that - it seems to be working pretty well so far.  For some strange reason the sender's true email seems to bear no resemblance to the company.  Weird 🤣

Coat of paint number two finished.  Tick.  The last will be tomorrow morning.  Still haven't started that window reveal yet though.....  oh yes I have - first coat just applied.  Barring any disasters I'll finish paintin' those effin' walls tomorrow.  Bear will be a very, very Happy Bunny when that happens.

In other news......

It's definitely Harry the H (as in Hedgehog - not Hippo) scoffin' the kitty crunchies - he's presented Bear with a couple of dumps next to his din dins bowl.  How kind.  So I'd better go and recharge the bowl & water now, prior to his next visit.

And finally.....

Bear discovered this growing in a pot - any ideas what it is?  It looks kinda interesting/promising, rather than yer run-of-the-mill weed:

1903263533_IMG_24791.JPG.55a54451960c77e2c714aab1bad839b9.JPG

Dear Bear 

In the interest of scientific scrutiny could you please send the sample for analysis to the RHS. Please also enclose details of your bank account, sort code, password, your mother's maiden name, your first school and inside leg measurement.

Yours sincerely

W F Uck 

Head of Flora, Unified, University, College (F.U.C)

• Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just had another bout of hay fever, even worse a sneeze woke up Si Attica. A brace of Nurofen is sending him back to sleep again thankfully. Now to catch up on the world of Farcebook.

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, chrisf said:

Exactly what I do with any dubious-looking correspondence which doesn't know which currency I use.  I get a number suggesting I use or am about to receive Aussie Dollars.  

If there's any doubt I hover the cursor over the sender's address which usually reveals something most unlikely such as a .ng or .in address.  A single character in a different font is also a good giveaway that something's wrong though the clever scammers make it hard to spot.  If you still aren't sure you can always make contact with Paypal (or who ever is being impersonated) and ask; remember they will never ask for your password or banking details but will need enough detail to positively identify you.  

Paypal and others have scam reporting links.  Forward the entire thing there just as you received it. 

Then delete it and should you feel the need change your password(s).  

After that you can go on living a normal life safe in the knowledge that you have not been scammed and that they'll blanket-bomb thousands of email addresses and it only takes one to reply ..... this time it wasn't you.  

• Like 10
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

@BlackRat   Condolences - the loss of two former colleagues in so short a time is quite distressing.

I think Gwiwer mentioned that too much time was spent on the computer - that is so true started going through these before 1900 hours and only now reached the last but no just below has appeared a not e that says Gwiwer has relied so will read that.

Best wishes to all, cheers. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2