Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, AndyID said:

Four thousand bucks! Presumably that includes life insurance 😀

Apparently French Bulldogs are targeted for thefts in the US. (Famously Lady Gaga's dog walker, but there are others.)

Google suggests a French Bulldog puppy costs an average of US$3,000, but with AKC certification may cost as much as $8,000. One website suggested that a documented French Bulldog rom a 'reputable dealer' sells on average for $5,300, but may be as high as $30,000.

• Informative/Useful 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Veterinaries love French Bulldogs.. well as a source of income that is.

The visionary I know would never go near a pedigree dog.. all of his were of a "Heinz 57" variety.. in breeding inside a breed does cause a lot of problems and can cost a lot of money.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 4
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

..........as were rescue dogs almost free, now even a rescue centre demands £260.

I wouldn't begrudge that at all - much rather to them than some potentially iffy dog breeder.  Plus there's (I suspect) a much better chance of them being fully checked out for health and behaviour and homed appropriately.

Bear here.....

The Tigger Bounce is feeling somewhat low this morning, but I plan to crack on and get some H/S/L work done - walling filling (including knocking up a small amount of mortar for some big voids in an area behind a piece of skirting - I'm not looking forward to that bit cos' that'll get mixed in the back garden and it looks bluddy cold out there......).

I also have a circular mdf plinth that needs the edges sanded and then the whole thing primed - this came off the 'bay and will be used as a decorative ceiling rose to which the lighting pendant will be fitted to.  I searched high and low for a plaster or duropolymer rose - but the diameter needed is very small (7" IIRC) as it's close to the loft hatch; all those that I did find (there weren't many) didn't have a sufficiently large area in the middle suitable to secure the pendant to.

After that it's MIUABGAD......

Bear gone.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 45156 said:

Also, Morrison's are doing Cardhu at £24.99, down from £44, and Laphroaig 10yo at £27.99, down from £40.  They were also doing Glen Scotia Campbeltown Harbour, at £24.99 down from £39 - all three are now residing beside my three Aldi Glen Marnoch and two of Lidl Abrachan - Cheers.

Cheers indeed.  I secured a litre of Baileys from Tess & Coe's on Friday.  Shelf price £21; Club Card price ....... £10 😯.  I'll have to scour the malt whisky sections as well.  

Good morning all.  Notter Good Knight's sleep for reasons unknown so a slow start this morning.  And not helped by the cold slightly damp conditions outside.  Bits of me are less than keen to work as they should.

Cross ants croissants and coffee were enjoyed earlier whilst Dr. SWMBO was out at her morning swim.  She reports the pool is now bedecked with fairy lights and her anxiety triggered at the thought of a string breaking and making contact with a pool full of swimmers .....  

Muggercoffy number two is in progress following which I am required to transport a bag of daffodil bulbs to the village planter where winterisation is in progress.  Certain less-than-hardy plants are being removed for over-wintering in our miniature greenhouse and the bulbs will go in to create an early display in the new year.  Assuming the local squirrel and fox populations don't dig them up first.  

A friend is performing some sort of madrigal concert in a normally-disused church tonight; we are invited and I have expressed my disinterest.  I can think of worse things to do with a Sunday evening but few of them are readily available or legal 😂

Best wishes to one and all.  Stay as warm as you can.  

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

and her anxiety triggered at the thought of a string breaking and making contact with a pool full of swimmers .....  

Hopefully they are low voltage LED strings nowadays?

• Like 1
  • Agree 16

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Tony_S said:
3 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

and her anxiety triggered at the thought of a string breaking and making contact with a pool full of swimmers .....  

Hopefully they are low voltage LED strings nowadays?

And linked to a line-breaker which would cut the power almost instantly if the circuit was compromised.  

• Agree 14

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Gwiwer said:

And linked to a line-breaker which would cut the power almost instantly if the circuit was compromised.  

Hopefully the seasonal swimming can continue without anxiety now. 

• Agree 16