The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

22 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all,

Another dull beginning to the day here.  There's a chance of some showers along with the odd bright spell.  3°C now and might reach 8°C.

Had quite a good and relaxing day yesterday which included a visit to The Shed and some tidying up in there.  Steve came at lunchtime and we had a catch up over a pint and finalised arrangements for our boy's day out on Tuesday.  Rugby watched as usual in the afternoon followed by a very nice beef casserole and then watched Endeavour in the evening. 

Breakfast is imminent and then plans will be made for the rest of the day.  I've already got an idea what I'm going to do but that may well will almost certainly differ from what Herself wants so we may well be going our separate ways today.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Just remember young man that parting usually involves reconnecting so don't say anything that might at some point be used against you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well it’s wet, very wet, here in England’s northwest corner, but at least it’s stopped raining. The temperature here is currently 4C and expected to rise to 7C later. My first task this morning is to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix , after that not a lot, although there is a click and collect return to go to John Lewis at some time, so I may do this this afternoon. 

Back later.

Brian

• Like 17

12 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Perhaps Bear was undercover and was disguised. Were there any grizzlies there?

Looks of concentrated looks.

Grizzlies……..Nope definitely not….No Grizzlies….and I got witnesses…loads of em……

…..I’ll be in Bermuda if you need me to give evidence. 🤭

• Like 5
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

I'm glad that @polybear has not only been successful at getting past Checkpoint Charlene but hope that you get some help re your shoulder.   When we did our restraint training we were told that shoulders can be the most painful part of the body.   ID will help me but the brachial Plexus comes to mind.   Good luck.

Jamie

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Just emptied the washing machine. Being very old my washing machine requires a lot of electricity so I've been trying different programs. I realised I was wasting power by setting it on the prewash so I set it on 'fast colours'. As a consequence I'm saving more than a £1 per wash. 

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Premium

Yes, hope we'll have some good news from @polybear + @jamie92208 (x 2). Mind you, I get the impression I should be sending positive thoughts and best wishes to quite a few ERs at the moment. @DaveF and @PhilJ W on this page alone. So generic wishes and good vibes to all those in need. 

Re mice and @Grizz's photos, we had a little visitor a few years ago, he/she wasn't particularly camera shy either. I got within a few feet without it showing any particular concern and got some frames and even a video. I was going to upload a frame but looking at the image, I realised I've done that already, I recall an ER replying and said he now knew the name of a plant he'd seen a lot of (Herb Robert). 

Chilly today, though the sun's out. For us, the white stuff is forecast for Wednesday/Thursday night onwards. 

One 'wildlife' photo today, also from a few years ago, when the local blackbird was very much 'the resident' blackbird and while not tame, was happy to co-exist with us in close proximity. 

A1364_R.jpg.8b6ddc6a0cd244cbcd9c7453f143986a.jpg

• Like 17

Morning...

Slow weekend, especially to start. Mrs still under the weather and as a result not doing much other than resting.

Jemma returned from Frankfurt late afternoon and stayed for dinner Saturday as well as picking up Whitney.

Sunday we did manage a "birthday brunch" for me at Trevor and Meagans. Delightful especially since all I had to do was transport myself and the Mrs over there 🙂

Then in the evening we had a Zoom happy hour with our friends in Arizona.

I'm officially DONE with snow this winter, got 3-4 inches overnight, heavy/wet and then the city plow rolled by a couple of hours ago and basically blocked our driveway, until our snow removal guy gets over here 😒 NOT HANDY as the Mrs is supposed to go over and feed/check on Meagans dogs around noon.

-1c first thing searching for the newspaper in the snow - did find it - high of 2c expected with snow off and on most of the day.

Bah... onward.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 8

2 hours ago, polybear said:

bh.....

doc was very good and realised bear was somewhat less than a bouncy tigger; tramadol dished out - bear never had it before but after reading the blurb (yep - i actually read the instruction sheet that warns of everything apart from nuclear war) i'll only be downing one when absolutely required (most likely just before pit time) and not for too long either

PB I was prescribed Tramadol back in 2011 when I had an operation for a rotator cuff repair - right shoulder. I took them for a single day as prescribed but abandoned them as they made me feel very light headed - no comments please @br2975 😀

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 19

1 minute ago, Danemouth said:

PB I was prescribed Tramadol back in 2011 when I had an operation for a rotator cuff repair - right shoulder. I took them for a single day as prescribed but abandoned them as they made me feel very light headed - no comments please @br2975 😀

Dave

As if I would Dave.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, southern42 said:

@polybear One photo you will not find on Jones' thread is the Medicine shop. Get well soon, as they say and Don't ALL Rush, now!

IMG_6549.jpg.b22f81eb5d5d8dd2669b418740c8bf4e.jpg

Wyndham Arcade, Cardiff City

He may only have to travel to Essex to get treated. Drove past this place on Friday. 
AC8CE26B-51A6-42B1-8D78-2383CF9AC485.jpeg.ca6893bafc9aa32f2a25c21845ad28b2.jpeg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

-1c first thing searching for the newspaper in the snow - did find it - high of 2c expected with snow off and on most of the day.

Yesterday was apparently the hottest here in the last two years. Such is the lack of summer lately that it just felt nice.

Had the ute in for a service and thought I'd walk the last 5km to pick it up rather than get an Uber, felt very comfortable walking so was surprised when I checked the bureau of met page when I got to the mechanics to see that it was 39.9C. The secret was the lack of humidity - only 15%, I've rarely seen it that low, it was comfortable enough that I came home and cut the grass because it had dropped to 36 and felt positively cool and nice to be out in.

• Like 18