Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 minutes ago, PupCam said:

You need to watch that very carefully ......

You could probably get a PhD in "Observation of the drying rates of topical decorative treatments"

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

A mate of mine often responds with, “Can’t help you mate, I’m just here with the bailiffs.”

Dave

Best one ever done for real .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11

On 16/05/2023 at 09:40, PhilJ W said:

I looked the book up and decided I wanted a copy. Unfortunately the book company has now sold out so I looked on E-bay and found a copy brand new for £12 post free.  

On 16/05/2023 at 11:50, Hroth said:

Shhhhhh....

You shouldn't have said that!  I had a rootle too, as I love books like that.  Having found that the place DaveF got his copy had sold out, I hit ebay too and found the £12 copies. However, being economical I bought one of the Like New/New (other) * copies from the same vendor for £8.60, inc delivery...

As the cat is now out of the bag, just in case anyone wants to follow up too

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362845110538

* S/H but unmolested...

My copy just arrived. My! Its a heavy tome!

I don't know why they advertised it as like new/new(other), its new, shrink-wrapped, never been read with no damage at all.

Now, I dare not open it!

• Like 18
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Hroth said:

My copy just arrived. My! Its a heavy tome!

I don't know why they advertised it as like new/new(other), its new, shrink-wrapped, never been read with no damage at all.

Now, I dare not open it!

Mine arrived this morning too, also shrink wrapped. Seeing as it was published in 2016 IIRC its possibly recently been remaindered.

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All,

AWOL again - sincerest apologies and generic greetings are all I can offer - just been too busy using the laptop for Ebay, and am around £1500 better off in the last six weeks as a result.  The cabinet just can't compete, so we've given notice to end the rental at the end of the month - we wil probably try the stuff on Ebay instead - or at the car boot sale - yes we're going to start that again - well, it has always been fun - but this time no railway books for sale - well, only a few.  7am Sunday can't come soon enought, I've really missed doing them and we haven't doneione since lockdown.

Today, the K word was uttered, and after taking Lily to Croft Castle for a long walk, I was set for a sit down, when 30747 decided that the front path and slabs at the back needed to be done with the Karcher - so now I'm just a bit cream crackered.  And tomorrow, the V word has been uttered, so it will be the Vax carpet shamoo machine - WOW.

Any Emily Linge fans, here's her latest offering - no idea who neon trees are or is - bit she makes a good fist of the cover.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The arthritis is quiet at the moment so I'll be popping down to Tess Coes for bread and eggs. I have some chips in the fridge so I might get something to go with them.

• Like 15

I used to get round that by minuting "the subject of so and so was discussed at length and it was decided to do whatever had been decided". Then it didn't matter who'd said what, just what the collective decision had been. Only if someone strenuously objected to a decision in the meeting would it get noted.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

"The satisfaction in exercising this type of professional judgment has been much diminished in recent years by increased regulation and scrutiny, with the need to record every consultation in time-consuming detail. Applied to something as straightforward as syringing the ears for wax-induced deafness, “I used to write ‘Ears syringed, clear of wax, drum intact’”, writes one GP. “Now there is a template 44 lines long that takes three times as long to complete as the procedure itself”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/the-real-reason-you-can-t-get-an-appointment-with-your-gp/ar-AA1bovSC?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5f99dff4733c447283d1e41fef4cb78c&ei=25

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The arthritis is quiet at the moment so I'll be popping down to Tess Coes for bread and eggs. I have some chips in the fridge so I might get something to go with them.

I could be wrong but I get the impression you're going for an egg banjo with 'garnish'? Or a chip omelette bap? 

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5