The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

We are going to a 60th birthday celebration on Saturday. The venue is a Turkish restaurant. I wonder what the jelly and ice cream equivalent is.

Turkish delight?

Edit: Apologies @monkeysarefun - only just read comment above.

Real Turkish delight, made in Turkey, brought back to England and given to me by a school friend (Turkish mother), 1960, was the best ever. 

Edited by southern42
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, polybear said:

Might I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous comments regarding "Own Goals" and respect being hard won and easily lost.

4 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

I'm sure that XL250K3 I had was struggling with the same issue, it really was flat, so I advanced the timing about 5 degrees from the marks on the flywheel and it went a whole load better and still was only awful to start....it kicked like a mule regardless of where the timing was set if you were 'lazy' with the kickstart.  I intended to make an extraction tool and a TDC adapter but ran out of round-tuits and then sold it anyway!  

Can't risk advance on an RD if the ultra-low compression  "ventilated" piston crowns are to be avoided! 

Ask me how I know.    

Actually, that's what started all this off, the bike was running well (when fuel was getting through) but I thought I'd check the points gap and timing.    I found the points gap has to be way out of spec to get the timing close which is how it was set.   I'd rather have points gaps (and thus dwell) correct and the timing correct when the timing plates are somewhere within the available range so I need to find out what the heck is going on.  

On a brighter note.   I don't think you'd notice if an RD kicked back 🤣

• Like 16
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium

Stinky two strokes!  Are you sure the cam timing is right.....🤪

Something's amiss though, as you say.  It'll probably go a lot better with the timing/dwell right, the ignition systems tend to be a bit marginal on these small capacity (edit as short word is naughty apparently - Japanese) . Well all of them TBH.

As for kicking back - does the RD200 have the electric starter from the earlier bikes?

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Might I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous comments regarding "Own Goals" and respect being hard won and easily lost.

You may - though I very much suspect that in this example it's the Judges that are at fault, not the Police Officers (who probably think "Just WHY do we ******g bother??" every time they see the little scrote walk out laughing).

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 9

2 hours ago, polybear said:

You might snigger....but you should've seen T's & C's....especially the "renumeration" and "pension" sections....

The moment that realisation hit  @polybear   that to get back home and claim his pension and reMUNeration he'd have to somehow use nuclear bombs to turn around.

image.png.5ef1c9cfe3ff2ebdc5e3b6ad93e062df.png

• Like 14
  • Funny 5

1 minute ago, monkeysarefun said:

The moment that realisation hit  @polybear   that to get back home and claim his pension and reMUNeration he'd have to somehow use nuclear bombs to turn around.

image.png.5ef1c9cfe3ff2ebdc5e3b6ad93e062df.png

Bravely, he lit the blue touch-paper and retired...

• Like 6
  • Funny 9

On 02/11/2023 at 13:42, Coombe Barton said:

Another challenge for @iL Dottore for comment?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67296413

On 02/11/2023 at 14:49, tigerburnie said:

Townies..............I'd ban 'em and send them back where they came from, I remember being at a council meeting and someone had complained about mud on the road where the tractor had come off the field after ploughing, they wanted the farmer to wash his tractor in the field before leaving..................twice a year. Needless to say they were ignored, oh and by the way if you see a milk bottle crate(do they still exist?) in a field, it's not a cows nest, it's littering...........................

Things were already getting a bit tense at Unterwald am See:

_1d0fc061-c851-4a74-abf0-1e222fe18ede.jpg.e04f875f742ccc98d5d74568bd71fb46.jpg

And then Nina, Bianca and Bella decided to borrow the Farmer's son's band's gear (the lad is in the Swiss Punk Band The Dead Heidis) and crank up the Cowbells to 11!...

_02404dda-cd45-4cc0-85a5-2065156d4a8e.jpg.26d2d90de9b149998296af863bf6336a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Went down to Tess Coes just after lunch for a few bits, at least I won't starve over the weekend. When I got home this quarters Tess Coes vouchers had arrived, A few extra points vouchers for things that I don't want and a double points voucher so next week I will use that for a 'big shop' when I will stock up on things such as washing powder. I drew some extra modelling tokens earlier this week for the toy fair at Rayleigh this coming Sunday, just as well as the queues at the post office were horrendous.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I have two dash cams that I would like to fit to the car but both came without any instructions so they are still in their boxes but if the instructions are anything like those that @Gwiwer has for his dash cam it would make little difference. I hear that Halfords will fit a dash cam for you, if you buy it from them.

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

I had one fitted when I bought the car but every summer the heat melts the double-sided tape holding it on and I find it lying on the floor. 

I'd replace the tape and get another few months until the next summer when it would happen again.

After 4 years of trying all brands of so-called super-duper  double-sided tape which all did the same thing  I just gave up and it has spent the last 3 years in my glovebox. 

I do at least have half a dozen near perfect rolls of various brands of expensive  double-sided tape, all unused apart from 2cm.

Double sided tape is very useful for tracklaying.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

13 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

I had one fitted when I bought the car but every summer the heat melts the double-sided tape holding it on and I find it lying on the floor. 

I'd replace the tape and get another few months until the next summer when it would happen again.

After 4 years of trying all brands of so-called super-duper  double-sided tape which all did the same thing  I just gave up and it has spent the last 3 years in my glovebox. 

I do at least have half a dozen near perfect rolls of various brands of expensive  double-sided tape, all unused apart from 2cm.

Have you tried six inch nails Chimpy.

• Like 1
  • Funny 10