RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Lochgorm said:

Solstice is not actually until tomorrow!

Its 03:27 on the 22nd, but as we're right at the bottom of the trough, the Winter Misery spreads over several days on either side.  Conventionally speaking, the 21st is as good a day as any to have the label stuck on it!

Here we go!

Edited by Hroth
Thought a comma might make it more sensible...
  • Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not a bad night last night but I woke up not long after five and couldn't get back to sleep again. I forgot to put the recycling bags out last night, just as well really as when I looked out this morning I saw a couple of them bouncing down the road having been picked up by the wind. Now debating whether to shop today or leave it until tomorrow.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Its 03:27 on the 22nd, but as we're right at the bottom of the trough the Winter Misery spreads over several days on either side.  Conventionally speaking, the 21st is as good a day as any to have the label stuck on it!

Here we go!

Love the way the flute plays itself!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Hroth said:
1 hour ago, Lochgorm said:

Solstice is not actually until tomorrow!

Its 03:27 on the 22nd, but as we're right at the bottom of the trough, the Winter Misery spreads over several days on either side.  Conventionally speaking, the 21st is as good a day as any to have the label stuck on it!

But tonight is the longest night.  Always a bit of an issue labelling days on a calendar when an event is but a moment in time.  

Plus we are farther south-west meaning there's a time difference between here and London unless you happen to be going by train.  It was the GWR who brought "London time" to Cornwall.  

• Like 5
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, southern42 said:

Love the way the flute plays itself!

To avoid spooky moments do not leave a bodhran in a draughty place.  Ask me how I know!  

Faint moaning and whining plus the occasional "boomp" none of which could be ascribed to any living being hereabouts.  Just waiting now for storm-driven mackerel to drop from the sky.  

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

To avoid spooky moments do not leave a bodhran in a draughty place.  Ask me how I know!  

Faint moaning and whining plus the occasional "boomp" none of which could be ascribed to any living being hereabouts.  Just waiting now for storm-driven mackerel to drop from the sky.  

Have an umberella to hand in case the mackerel turn out to be canned sardines...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land.

All quiet on the western front, now.

Cloudy and damp.

Quick 'ello n g'bye as I have yet to do my breakfast due to lots of oddsnends to tackle first and I got sidetracked by catching up on here. 

Take care. Be good. Gedonwivit.

Polly

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I have no idea If it rained or was windy last night.

Slept very well after our meal at the Golden Prawn (or shrimp, not totally sure of my translation).  
We are off to Enfield soon so hopefully the weather there  isn’t too bad. We can usually park right outside MiL’s residence. There is an underground garage but we would have to go up and get her entry fob so it usually easier to walk a bit. 
Tony

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

She's getting a bit wild out there now yessir, fair blowin'.  Manx vernacular!

I see one of the larger Stena Line ferries from Belfast is hiding in Douglas (the Big City)  Bay, so much for our keyboard sailors saying our shiny new boat should have sailed.  The sea has deep slots in it.

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

1 minute ago, New Haven Neil said:

She's getting a bit wild out there now yessir, fair blowin'.  Manx vernacular!

I see one of the larger Stena Line ferries from Belfast is hiding in Douglas (the Big City)  Bay, so much for our keyboard sailors saying our shiny new boat should have sailed.  The sea has deep slots in it.

"Ocean liners sheltered from the storm..."

I went down to the newsagents to pick up a copy of MRJ 300 this morning at 07:40.  It was filthy black with horizntal rain.  The wind is still... windy!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, southern42 said:

' morning all from red dragon land.

All quiet on the western front, now.

Cloudy and damp.

aarrrrghhhhhhh...

get the brollies out

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, DaveF said:

The clouds I saw this morning are apparently called iridescent clouds, caused by ice crystals or water droplets when the sun strikes them at the correct angle.  

Correct.  I see them fairly frequently here.  

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

neighbour's garden waste bin taking itself walkies

58 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

It's mate's joined it - 

Several recycling bins put out for collection this morning here, had been sick all over the road when I went out earlier....

Messy!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13