RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

19 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Earworm 

🥵

Now although I may have not actually "gone to doctor university   etc"  and so be a real   doctor in the @iL Dottore doctoring sense,  I have learned much folk medicine from the traditional elders of our ancient lands.

Their guaranteed cure for any earworm infection is to give this a burl on your telly or portable device.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Good morning from the Distant (Signal) West. A golden shiny thing rose from behind the carn and seems to have made all the small people very chattery on their way to school

Dr SWMBO was up at 4am due to being unable to sleep any longer.  She has kindly left me a pile of dishes and pans in the kitchen but tonight’s meal is already prepared. 

She also just asked me something as she read through her various pages of interest on the web. 

“What does it mean to abe?”  

“Abe?”

I peered over her shoulder. Her command of the language (though not its grammar) is as good as mine so I wondered what she had found. 

“Abe. A - B - E.  Like here where it says Jennifer was abed before anyone else in the house”.  What does “abe” mean. 

“It means she was in bed first……” 🤦‍♀️

“Were you mizzled by that?”

- “Mizzled”

-“as in misled” 

Welcome to Brain-dead Day

I don't know about Abe in this context but I was once taught the meaning of ABF, ABFF and even ABFFF by an old aviator.  Too many Fs would inevitably be followed by Brian-dead Next Day.  Never again!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Had you called them steakholders instead,, that would have been heartless and cruel..

That was my first thought. but Tony_S beat me to it....

Not heartless or cruel, just hungry!

• Like 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Green bin recycling, they do the sorting, 

Black bin rubbish, but soft plastics will be taken by tesco eg cellophane and similar plastics, etc

Brown bin if you pay for it, garden waste,

No food waste  collection but vegs go in the brown.

Large items take to tip, about 10 miles away, but white goods you'll get s small amount from a scrappies for unlike the tip.

Three hours Burns typing, that's the data in, now to add suitable poems, and funnies. 

Did you know ? One of Burns grandchildren married a Borneo chiefs daughter, then managed to be killed by pirates...

Edited by TheQ
  • Informative/Useful 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Had you called them steakholders instead,, that would have been heartless and cruel..

I was going for the verbal pun or deliberate misspelling for comedic effect….

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 9

14 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I was going for the verbal pun or deliberate misspelling for comedic effect….

I do feel pretty bad now that I didnt i detect  your original pun intentions but in my defence can I say that your  technique there was perhaps a bit  too subtle for  internet forums, for that to work you need to  become one of those internet stand up comedians where we can see your facial expressions.

If you decide on that course I'd sign up to your Patreon page as long as it wasn't too much of a burden to me.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Our district council has won awards for its recycling scheme. Which was very embarrassing when the very distinctive bags were photographed on a Malaysian dump.

The same thing happened here for a while if you cross out Malaysia and write in Queensland.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I try to use a knife and fork when dealing with steak. Or tongs if it still requires warming. I never hold it. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BSW01 said:

we have 4 bins

We were threatened with that. Until several of the local town councils got together and protested. 

The unitary Konsel Kernow / Cornwall Council then relented and will continue its use of weighted (so they stay put in the wind) bags. 

For each home to have four bins would result in many of our tiny streets being literally lined with them. Some cottages have no land outside at all. Some have very little and it can sometimes be shared with neighbours. 

There just isn’t space for everywhere to have four bins. Neither is there a need. The bag system works well enough, provides more than enough capacity and they can be kept anywhere handy until required. 

Unlike wheelie bins. 

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium

Ben has had his long walk under clear blue Welkin, in a strong cold North westerly..

I've had enough of Burness today..

I need a lie down...

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Afternoon All,

Just about recovered from yesterdays expedition. Set off at 10.00am and arrived home at 7:30pm but managed a trip to the local Boundary Mill store as well. Meadowhall is tedious but Boundary Mill is on another level. Only clothes, soft furnishing and houseware.

Today as Fox Valley, more shopping. Trying to find summer clothes  for a walkabout in January ain't easy.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Most odd,

A white van pulled into the driveway, backwards,  I heard a van door slam, I put my slippers on and was heading for the our door, heard a van door slam, I got out to the driveway in time to see it drive away...

Can't find a parcel or letter anywhere. Ebay and Amazon say nothing due till tomorrow, and anything due at all will go in the letter box.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

30 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

... I have a student referring to S&M – they mean sales and marketing. ...

Are you sure?  🤔

The paragraph quoted sounds like your student confused their submissions, and you got their effort for a "creative writing" course...

It seems that the students are coping badly with the material they can't be bothered to concentrate on!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

POETS other terms available...

Yesterday, first of many "educational meetings" to try and bring someone up-to-speed with all the work I do for the Long Island client.

This is an internal IT-type who hasn't got ANY experience with the Crystal report tool we use and limited experience with the ERP system underlying everything! At 1-hour a week I'm not sure how the IT manager expects this guy to get enough knowledge in less than 10-+ YEARS to be able to handle this stuff. He even opined that the preliminary tasks I'd suggested for him weren't able to be accomplished since he was too busy with other stuff!  Oh well... 😮

Make sure you point out the possible problems here to Important People in the client organization, keep a record of that warning, and you can walk away humming “Not My Problem”.

• Like 13
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Are you sure?  🤔

The paragraph quoted sounds like your student confused their submissions, and you got their effort for a "creative writing" course...

It seems that the students are coping badly with the material they can't be bothered to concentrate on!

In order

Yes - the title of a graph gave me the linkage

That's not the worst one - found some more after I posted

Can't be bothered is right - all round - I am having robust discussions with university high ups over their attitude to engagement

33 timetabled teaching days

• Friendly/supportive 19