The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

@monkeysarefun.. the MCC Regularly update the Laws of Cricket to try and stop certain countries from bending them..  Two countries are Regularly identified as being major sources of less than fair play...playavevyou to guess who they are. 

In some work places people who "cheat" are removed from their work8ngnplace.. nuff said.

Baz

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I'm hearing a lot about the Kia Starmer.

Plenty of space inside but an unproven track record as yet

• Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

Today will be another day just like the rest have been recently, eye bathing and domestic tasks. This afternoon however will be different, as Vickie and Ian are dropping Ava off at ours after dinner so she can spend the afternoon here with us, so that’s something to look forward too. 

When I worked at British Steel, on my shift there were 12 of us, 3 Brian’s, 4 Pete’s and 4 John’s, so we had, Brian the fitter, Brian the electrician, Brian the plumber, big Pete the fitter, little Pete the fitter, Pete the electrician, Pete the mate, John the fitter, John the electrician, John the turner, John the mate and just to confuse things we Paul the welder! Oh and our foreman was called Tommy, he was a nice bloke, but a right fecking edjit!

Back later. 

Brian

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

17 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

When I worked at British Steel, on my shift there were 12 of us, 3 Brian’s, 4 Pete’s and 4 John’s, so we had, Brian the fitter, Brian the electrician, Brian the plumber, big Pete the fitter, little Pete the fitter, Pete the electrician, Pete the mate, John the fitter, John the electrician, John the turner, John the mate and just to confuse things we Paul the welder! 

Your post reminded me of this from Not the Nine O’clock News….a classic. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=not+the+nine+oclock+news+built+by+roberts&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:180e48b9,vid:VEQriHQpJFQ,st:0

Edited by Grizz
  • Like 5
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, BR60103 said:

One year at a railway show our demo table was staffed by 3 Davids and a Dave.

Could be worse .

Sorry , posted before seeing Grizz's post above .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Hroth said:

3D pens are beloved of free-form crafters.  They're not what you'd call precise, imagine trying to do things with an icing syringe.

I didn't even know that such things as 3D pens existed. I Googled 3D pens and I might buy myself one just to see what I could do with it. My friends son will be 16 in a few weeks time so I now know what birthday pressie to get him.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I had an all day breakfast for lunch today at a good western restaurant. Alas an all day breakfast here is not what it would be at home, no black pudding, the sausage was an arabiki frankfurter (nice, but not a cumberland sausage) and no fried bread. It did have cheese pancakes and potato gratin and proper bacon. However, what made it was scrambled egg, scrambled egg is one of my barometer dishes which gives an idea of whether a cook can prepare simple basic food. And because it is so simple and basic there's nowhere to hide, it's good or it isn't. I find most scrambled eggs in cafes are over done (I suspect a lot are made from powdered egg), I like scrambled egg to be runny, soft and still quite fluid but not underdone. Scrambled egg is a bit like pear, pears have that fleeting moment between having the physical properties of cast iron and being a soggy mush, so with scrambled eggs the line between under done and over done is very fine (if forced to choose I prefer slightly under done to over done, but that's just me and really they should be right). Today the scrambled egg was perfect, done to perfection, that one thing actually made the lunch for me. Splendid. 

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 1

5 hours ago, Barry O said:

@monkeysarefun.. the MCC Regularly update the Laws of Cricket to try and stop certain countries from bending them..  Two countries are Regularly identified as being major sources of less than fair play...playavevyou to guess who they are. 

In some work places people who "cheat" are removed from their work8ngnplace.. nuff said.so 

Baz

I know exactly how you feel. We had our rules for our after school street cricket matches worked out to the infinite degree - eg hitting it into the Murrays Jacarandah tree on the full was 6 and out, hitting Mr Grundys car parked out the front was instantly out because he'd come out and chase us and so on.

But one of my mates -  Rick Noble -  would always find a way to bend the rules and we could never argue with him because his grandad or maybe great grandad was M. A . Noble who had played for Australia against England in 1900 or something and who the M.  A. Noble  Stand at the SCG was named after.

And not only that but he was an over acheiver in the famous relations department because his cousin was Rob Hirst, drummer in Midnight Oil, so we were so outweighed by famousness that we had no choice but to kowtow to all his rule modifications.

Do you self a favour tip. If the BBC shows Bluey on their streaming service, check out the episode called "Cricket" series 3, episode 47. It is the most lovingly crafted   poignant 7 minutes about cricket that you'll ever see. 5 stars.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2

Been watching the first two episodes of "Masters Of The Air". Gotta say, its not in the same league as  "Band Of Brothers" so far..

The flying and bombing and getting shot at is probably realistic but so far I do not care about the characters, their needlessly over the top hokey American-ness is laid on with a giant 3D pen and  is a little annoying and I would not care if they all got shot down, sorry to say. 

The Bluey Cricket episode is a much better watch.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I'm hearing a lot about the Kia Starmer.

4 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Plenty of space inside but an unproven track record as yet

Handles U-turns well.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

3D pens are beloved of free-form crafters.  They're not what you'd call precise, imagine trying to do things with an icing syringe.

I have one, useful for filling in cracks in resin 3D prints, I haven't actually used it for making anything, due to having 3D printers....

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 11