Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning from the Charente.  Trainspotting to be done today plus a bit of shopping. 

We went shopping yesterday and visited various shops in Niort and ended up having a good Chinese buffet.  Not a bad day in all. On a rather different not

I am thoroughly enjoying paying visits to to a bald Eagle nest coutesy of YouTube.  

They are fabulous to watch.  The female, Jackie has just laid three eggs and is currently incubating then whilst sitting in several inches of snow.  Las years eggs didn't hatch so I hope that they have better luck this year.

Jamie

Here's another nest camera .

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Sorted the bits for the car, I've found where the various buttons are and what they do. My black bin was emptied this morning, at last after two requests. I'm just waiting for the 'how did we do' E-mail.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Sorted the bits for the car, I've found where the various buttons are and what they do. My black bin was emptied this morning, at last after two requests. I'm just waiting for the 'how did we do' E-mail.

Good to hear that you're getting to grips with the new chariot.

Regarding the bin collection, if you are allowed a free-form response, something damning with faint praise might be appropriate!

• Like 14

8 hours ago, TheQ said:

Unfortunately cookies,  because we are controlled by Bill Gates microchips.

I distinctly recall at the London Olympic Games, Britons celebrating Sir Tim Berners-Lee for inventing HTML* and HTTP and by extension the World-Wide Web.

* Where one would find 'cookies'.

Nothing to do with Microsoft. In fact Microsoft failed spectacularly to influence internet browsing with successive generations of internet browsing solutions. Did anyone use Explorer? Does anyone use Edge?

Cookies were invented by Lou Montulli while at Netscape Communications.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Nothing to do with Microsoft. In fact Microsoft failed spectacularly to influence internet browsing with successive generations of internet browsing solutions. Did anyone use Explorer? Does anyone use Edge?

Yes and yes, sometimes. Explorer was the default on the work pc for many years. It then moved on to Edge, although Chrome is also used a lot. Recently they introduced their own “secure” browser which is basically chrome adapted by group IT.

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Gold

I went out for my routine blood test this morning. I had to go in the Fiesta as someone had parked their car so close to mine I couldn’t get in. Aditi was very apologetic. I then went to get my hair cut after some unusually subtle suggestions. Business was quiet at the barbers. He was asleep in a chair when I arrived. 
As it was quite a bright day Aditi suggested a walk at Hyde Hall Gardens. We only got as far as walking across the car park and went in to the restaurant near the entrance for lunch. We usually walk up the hill to the other restaurant! We had a walk round some of the lower level gardens and also had a look at the geese (two varieties)  . Aditi bought a plant too. 
We haven’t done anything since arriving home other than drink tea and read. I didn’t even want anything to eat. 
Tony

Edited by Tony_S
Spelling
  • Like 19