RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

@iL Dottore  The Microlino seems a bit too "urban hipster" and having your feet in the crumple zone, especially with so many Chelsea Tractors about in its proposed environment, is rather offputting.

Also, it sounds too much like an electric milk float!

A vehicle with a bit more tin around the occupants and similar range sounds a lot more preferable.  At least the SUV crowd might spot you sooner!

Coming to the UK in the same timeframe as the Microlino, with its earlier incarnation having sold about 140,000 in Europe.

Although I intend to keep Yeti as long as I can before it starts to decay, if I still need a car a Spring, or something similar is something I'd be considering.

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

On the subject of Land Rovers there used to be a wide choice of alternatives but most if not all had gone before the 'proper' Defender. 

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/road/news/2020/7/seven-4x4s-inspired-by-the-land-rover-defender--axons-automotive-anorak/

The best IMHO was the Santana PS-10 and the later Iveco Massif derivative, both derived from the Land Rover.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Another good night last night, 5+2 hours altogether. I woke up about five but not due to the usual suspects, decided it was too early and dozed on. Must do some shopping today, right out of milk and eggs and I need to stock up on a few other things. Looking forward to another Zoom talk tonight, on the Regents Canal, should be interesting.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear has been seduced by a donut….it wasn’t my fault and I did protest…..honest…..

No means no...

I expect you wanted to be seduced by the sugary temptress!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

-  as your doorbell cam shows

Bear has the same weather as we do this morning. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 10

32 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Bear has the same weather as we do this morning. 

Then may I recommend Bluey series 3, episode 18 - "Rain"!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Aditi saw our GP yesterday morning. GP thought the skin blemish she was concerned about was nothing nasty but would like it inspected by a dermatologist. A text about the referral arrived while we were driving home. There was a phone call this morning with an appointment for next Tuesday. Our local NHS seems quite efficient. 
Tony

We had to send a photo of a rash rather than having it inspected in person.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 8
  • Friendly/supportive 8