The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, polybear said:

One (pro Trumpie) said:

"If D.T. goes to Prison then there's millions of people all over the country that'll go home and get their Guns and there'll be a Civil War!!"

Which begs the question of just who are they going to fight ???

Surely you can only have a 'war' when two sides want to fight , the non Trumpers wont

need to fight anyone as they will be happy with the result .

And even 'millions' spread over the USA will leave them pretty thin on the ground .

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

9 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Page12951 is a repeat of 12950

Jamie

It'll eventually re-index. Your post has probably forced it to do so!

• Like 8
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

whilst some flowers are edible

It was every much “a thing” last year in Haute Savoie last year. Sprinkles of alpine flowers as garnish on various meals. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, polybear said:

One (pro Trumpie) said:

"If D.T. goes to Prison then there's millions of people all over the country that'll go home and get their Guns and there'll be a Civil War!!"

And no one knows the Civil War with such expertise as that great historian, many say the Greatest historian of all time - Donald J Trump - this is a transcript of his rally on the weekend:  

"Gettysburg,  what an unbelievable battle that was,  the Battle of Gettysburg what an unbelievable.....

I mean it was so much and so interesting and so vicious and horrible and so beautiful in so many different ways it represented such a big portion of the success of this country.

Gettysburg wow I go to Gettysburg Pennsylvania to look and to watch...

And uh the statement of Robert E Lee who's no longer in favor - did you ever notice that,  no longer in favor?

"Never fight up hill me boys never fight uphill." They were fighting uphill.

He said "wow that was a big mistake", he lost his great General and uh they were fighting.

Never fight uphill me boys, but it was too late...

Well I don't know"

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

You're getting there, Bear.

Bear's din dins today.....

Wholewheat spaggy

Tinned chopped tommies

garden peas - frozen

Beary chopped onion

quorn mince

chilli olive oil (home made)

Does that win me an @iL Dottore Spoon Award? - I can see diddly squat naughties in any of that....

(and under 500 cals too)

Edited by polybear
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

The main problem with that is the previous occupants of my house saw fit to pave over the entire front and back (slabs/gravel) with a narrow border at the back that contains a couple of bushes (problems themselves!) and a treelike thing. I've pots and troughs containing coloured living stuff to enliven the area that require minimal effort.  As I don't intend to revert anything (I loathe wasting time in "gardening"), the Dalek is redundant, and those I know who do garden already have their own and don't need another.

I may force it back into the corner behind the shed (it was moved to make more room to erect the shed last year) and thus pen it in, in perpetuity...

I always suspected there was something about you that was a bit 'iffy' and now you've come out and admitted it. Does it feel better now that you've unburdened yourself. So you are a Dalek beater. Just be honest don't prevaricate let it all out. You enjoy thrashing your Dalek don't you. Do you sneak out at night when now one can see you and have a good thrash.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

42 minutes ago, polybear said:

quorn mince

Quorn, in common with other fake meats, is incontestably ultra-processed. Evidently, this is not an issue for the animal welfare, vegetarian and vegan groups that hail such confections as a potential end to animal slaughter and the misery of factory farming

Source https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/feb/12/quorn-revolution-rise-ultra-processed-fake-meat#:~:text=Quorn%2C in common with other,the misery of factory farming.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

And no one knows the Civil War with such expertise as that great historian, many say the Greatest historian of all time - Donald J Trump - this is a transcript of his rally on the weekend:  

And don't forget the Revolutionary war quote ,

Donald Trump made an awkward blunder during his speech on Independence Day, praising the army,

which he said “took over the airports” from the British during the revolutionary war in the late 1700s.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Oi I was going to say that.

The orange one also said in 2019 of the American war of Independence 1775-1783

“Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory,” 

Afternoon Awl,

BMs mast wedge, though not wedge shaped, think of it as an upside down J with squares  inside the U bit of the J, has been constructed sanded and even painted.

Luckily I was not working on that when swmbo arrived to see progress on the electrical spinning thing.

I'd shoved it to one side some time ago in disgust, when on top of other problems, the electrics failed.

That turned out to just a wire not connecting because I'd pulled it accidentally when trying to sort out the main problem.

The main problem being the brake on the bobbin not doing it's stuff.

So before starting work on it I reviewed other electric spinners.

Iirc, Last time there were just 3 E-spinners showing up on researching the subject.

This time there were 7. The E-spinner I'd chosen to copy was the only one using it's style of bobbin brake, all the others used a common other system.

So I've started rebuilding the relevant area of the E-Spinner, now awaiting epoxy metal to set..

On checking in with swmbo before she set off to the weavers, I also checked the weather radar, a window opened in the rain and Ben took me for a walk, he did cut it short and we got back just before another round of soggyness.

The wind has slightly changed direction, instead of a glancing blow on the rear windows, it's now bouncing off the front, so there's a little more East in it..

Hmm of food a company is opening in Norwich selling Yorkshire pudding wraps!! I e . The small making's  of a roast dinner wrapped in Yorkie puds.

Time for an eyelid inspection.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

25 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Quorn, in common with other fake meats, is incontestably ultra-processed. Evidently, this is not an issue for the animal welfare, vegetarian and vegan groups that hail such confections as a potential end to animal slaughter and the misery of factory farming

Source https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/feb/12/quorn-revolution-rise-ultra-processed-fake-meat#:~:text=Quorn%2C in common with other,the misery of factory farming.

Fake news, fake food....

Where will it all end?  🤪

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

32 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I always suspected there was something about you that was a bit 'iffy' and now you've come out and admitted it. Does it feel better now that you've unburdened yourself. So you are a Dalek beater. Just be honest don't prevaricate let it all out. You enjoy thrashing your Dalek don't you. Do you sneak out at night when now one can see you and have a good thrash.

Its not something that has ever crossed my mind, though YOU seem awfully familiar with the concept....  I'll just stick to restraining it, though if it seems to enjoy bondage, I'll have to think of something different!

Edited by Hroth
spelin
  • Like 1
  • Funny 10

2 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Which begs the question of just who are they going to fight ???

Surely you can only have a 'war' when two sides want to fight , the non Trumpers wont

need to fight anyone as they will be happy with the result .

And even 'millions' spread over the USA will leave them pretty thin on the ground .

I’ma ready for anything!

IMG_8680.webp.dd04750ecf5d07ef9c49401d590912e1.webp

Edited by Erichill16
Spelling!
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Coombe Barton said:

vegan groups

Vegans wouldn’t eat Quorn mince though. I would probably be quite content following a lacto vegetarian diet but wouldn’t have any interest in products designed to look, taste and chew like meat.  Any diet for humans that deviates from omnivorous is going to involve a degree of compromise, we just have accept those we are happy with. Vegan diets in Europe probably require food processing and a lot of air miles. Lacto vegetarians have to accept the slaughter of male calves so,we can have their milk.  People who choose dairy substitutes have a huge impact on water use to produce them. 
I am fortunate that I can afford to pander to my whims and choose eggs and meat from happy chickens or pork products from certified British farms. 
Sometimes packaging and food additives are to prevent food waste, we can’t all live next to a farm or market garden. 
I have settled in to a state of being a happy omnivore. If I visit a vegetarian household I don’t expect to be served meat. However, I wouldn’t serve meat to a vegetarian visiting us. 
With the rather multicultural nature of our extended family it does require a bit of thought. Some of Aditi’s cousins don’t eat eggs so eggless cake recipes get made. 
Careful reading of food labels takes place as not everything is as it seems. We do keep some frozen pizza in case we have to go at short notice to Enfield. However the tomato and cheese one we like states not suitable for vegetarians, due to use of animal rennet to produce the cheese.  In the list of that companies non veg pizza the only preservative/additive I can find is in the pancetta, and is I assume part of the curing process.  
I am really happy I am fortunate enough to be able to eat things I like, not eat things I don’t like and can either cook or obtain them.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

I could go vegetarian, I don't eat that much meat (partly because decent meat is so expensive here) but I really have no interest in all these foods pretending to be meat. There's so much excellent vegetarian food to eat why bother with ultra-processed concoctions of who knows what? However, I wouldn't be so interested in veganism as I love cheese and dairy products.

Nowadays old fashioned vegetarianism seems to be lumped together with eating meat in the pantheon of evilness and whereas at one time it seemed many vegetarians were vegetarian for religious or ethical reasons or just didn't like meat now we are being told to be vegan to save the world from climate change. The problem with that is I'm really not sure some of the alternatives are really any better for the environment.  

• Like 10
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

And don't forget the Revolutionary war quote ,

Donald Trump made an awkward blunder during his speech on Independence Day, praising the army,

which he said “took over the airports” from the British during the revolutionary war in the late 1700s.

My favourite is his line about “Can we inject someone with Bleach to kill C-19” - or summat like that….

(Well I guess it would do the job - just so long as the person didn't mind dying as well; maybe that’s just being picky though)

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Bear here…..

Pitstop time again - now for Hilly Wander Part 2, to include a visit to the local drug dealer for my next fix.  Still haven’t looked at Lisbon yet…..

I did get the washing done though, so I’ll have a Tick for that.

BG

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I wonder if they had curly skirret fries. The skirret disappeared from culinary use rapidly after potatoes were introduced. 
Tony

I thought potatoes supplanted (no pun intended) the parsnip - as you can do with the parsnip anything you can do with a potato (boil, steam, mash, purée, fry, chip).

Having said that, I haven't seen parsnips baked in their skins (they really don't have any skin) or used cold in a salad (like spuds)

• Like 13

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear's din dins today.....

Wholewheat spaggy

Tinned chopped tommies

garden peas - frozen

Beary chopped onion

quorn mince

chilli olive oil (home made)

Does that win me an @iL Dottore Spoon Award? - I can see diddly squat naughties in any of that....

(and under 500 cals too)

Sorry Bear, Quorn mince disqualifies you (https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/feb/12/quorn-revolution-rise-ultra-processed-fake-meat)

Better go without meat completely than eat fake meat.

If you like olives, capers and garlic, Spaghetti alla puttanesca (prostitute's or s1ut's spaghetti) might do the trick (an authentic recipe is here: https://www.giallozafferano.com/recipes/Spaghetti-alla-puttanesca.html). As always, the secret is in the quality of the ingredients.

The origin of the dish is lost, but many claim that the story is that ladies of the evening in Naples created it because they needed something cheap, easy to make, that used readily available ingredients and was quick to fix between customers.

Edited by iL Dottore
The word s1lut was censored! The prodnoses are twitchy today
  • Like 12