The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

RMweb currently very slow - and a duplicated last page to boot, at present. I've seen that several times now on different occasions.

At least it doesn't give me déjà vu any more.

It was completely unavailable this morning. (A bit over 12 hours ago.)

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I asked the AI generator for 'Polar bear wearing blue stockings' and it came up with these.

image.png.aa498eae2c0e473d9a1be7484fa1fca6.png

Those socks are rather fetching - I wonder where a Bear could get some.......

Just askin' for a friend you understand.....

• Like 8
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Good moaning from the Charente. 

9 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Apropos of nothing but woman truck drivers and pink, there is a lady owned haulage business in the Pilbara called "The Pilbara Heavy Haulage girls" who use women drivers and have pink trucks, including a 685HP Mack Super-liner.

image.png.ff68928a99bc07bf8b313e1f10835393.png

Knowing that they   drive all freight configurations up to and including a 53m long  quad-trailer road-train on 4500km journeys through the outback sure makes you feel inadequate in comparison when you jack knife your trailer at the tip!

image.png

I managed to take my trailer to the tip yesterday and reversed it all the way to the right skip without jacknifing it.  The entrance is awkward and it would be impossible to turn the trailer and car round so I have to reverse in without the trailer heading down the lorry ramp. My  first ever attempt took me 10 goes.  I wouldn't like to try  one of those road trains though. 

Anyway  a new day is dawning and I'm off to a n MRC lunch  6O miles north of here.  I might even do a bit of trainspotting on the way home.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Somehow  I know about that.. it might be because SWMBO is a member of...

https://www.worsteadweavers.org.uk/

Sadly they no longer meet in Worstead itself but in the village of Dilham 2.5 miles away.

Worsted has a large festival each year but sadly most years it's the same weekend as my sailing club regatta

https://www.worsteadfestival.org/ a village of 992 people has a fete expecting 14,000 visitors!!!

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Nothing at all from bladder control last night but Arthur Itis was busy but still seven hours sleep. Jobs for today are to give a pee sample for the doctor and book an appointment* with Dracula's daughters.

*It used to be a walk in service but its been put out to tender so now you have to book an appointment.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Two_sugars said:

a spade is for digging, a shovel is for shifting stuff . . . . . 

Goodnight all . . . .sleep well.

John

Stuff? Surely, you mean coal?

• Like 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It was very sunny when I got up, but it’s turning a bit grey now, I hope I don’t get wet when I walk to the butchers shortly. Before that though, I’ll have to play hunt the wheelie bin, as the bin men NEVER return our bin to the front gate. After the butchers I’ll take a short trip to the Trafford Centre for a few more bits and pieces. After that I’ve got a free afternoon, so what’s not to like? 

Back later. 

Brian 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, polybear said:

Well as the background buildings resemble these , https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.7544205,37.6194883,2a,90y,351.26h,95.63t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJzYnaKagVWFF25sTh2whZg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu , you coUld purchase those

items in the GUM .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, polybear said:

Just Google 'polar bear socks' and you will find plenty varying in price from less than £2 a pair to HOW MUCH!

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 4

27 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Spade = sword or spear IIRC. But you probably knew that anyway!

So you could say that all those knights of old were hitting one another with spades then.

• Like 4
  • Funny 12

1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

So you could say that all those knights of old were hitting one another with spades then.

Arguing over who got first use of the hole in the middle of the road?

• Funny 12

Captain Cynical's CCI GmbH DeepWeb-Investigations present

Unknown Facts About ER Posters

Polly ( @southern42) is known to be a talented flautist, but what is not known is that she has (probably) the largest collection of flutes in the world - from Sumerian and Babylonian antiquities to flutes made of precious metals such as gold and silver to the truly odd and weird (such as the Peruvian Nose Flute or the Slobbovian Bottom Flute [unused])

_91442d10-640d-4397-a05d-95d51751615e.jpg.43224abffda32c27c16bf7d4844dbaee.jpg

As modest about her collection as she is about her prodigious musical talent, Polly merely says that "yes, she has few odds and ends collected during her travels"

Edited by iL Dottore
Word missing
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

Captain Cynical's CCI GmbH DeepWeb-Investigations present

Unknown Facts About ER Posters

We know that  @jamie92208 was a serving policeman (i.e. "proper copper") before he retired to France.

What is less well known is that his prodigious arrest rate was down to combining two of his much loved hobbies - weight lifting/power training and trainspotting - into one.

_2bb238c9-f7f0-4e99-a414-5dc3b641d192.jpg.3dd9466ea2308b15c7ef134248aa55a8.jpg

Anyone who can bench press a Black 5 without breaking into a sweat has no difficulty in taking down a few skinny scrotes...

• Funny 15