The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Ed... I appreciate your concern (and your common sense which is obviously more advanced than mine) but I did have something similar as a youngster and it requires no treatment. I just don't fancy a 50 mile round trip and a four hour wait to be told that it's nothing to worry about.

compromise and pop to the minor injuries at Cromer, they are really good and I've never had to queue for long

EDIT : OOPS sorry that's what you get for replying to posts as you work your way down, rather than reading to the bottom first. Trouble is with that method, I forget what  was going to reply to.

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

Pete (Trisonic). Happy Anniversary. Do you have a celebratory meal with the extended family or just a quiet day at home?

Pete (75c). I have had the red eye thing a few times. Twice nothing serious, once serious. I couldn't tell the difference. You are quite brave using Google. Matthew uses Google first if he has any pains etc. He said his searches usually contain amongst the correct answers, imminent death or cancer. He likes to know all the possibilities before ringing home. He knows I will suggest two paracetamol and see what happens. Before anyone thinks I am unkind I would of course suggest immediate medical attention if appropriate.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Rather a late start today as yesterday evening at about 7.00pm our friends next door asked us in for " a drink ". About a gallon later I poured myself into bed at 2.00 and slept like a log.

I've had a leisurely breakfast and for the past hour I've been contemplating mowing the lawn. I contemplated long enough for it to start raining so now I can do something sensible.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 12

All this talk about the weather is interesting - we seem to be having an atypical British summer with a distinct shortage of rain, last night's forecast deluge was something of a dampish squib while the forecast moves the heavy rain forever forwards.  So yes iD - definitely something 'interesting' weather patterns about and probably rather more so than El Nino could account for and perhaps far more likely to be linked to generally rising ocean temperatures.

Looks like a different type of North/South divide.  We are certainly not having a distinct shortage of rain this summer!  Heavy downpours last night here, then I was driven back indoors my more this morning, with more forecast for later today.  At least I haven't had to get the hose out to keep the garden watered so far this year.

• Like 2

All I did was my the life insurance policy and swmbo set to with the frying pan and russlled up some fried bread, sausage and beans for brekkers. Somewhat refreshed now! :)

Did you have fried Mushrooms?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all from a grey Torquay.

Sherry has been to church, and we are now just recovering from a TMI moment. What else is a wet Sunday for?

Congrats to Trisonic Pete, relief for 75c Pete!

Medway Towns knowledge a bit limited, although I lived in Strood for some years. I think there are some urban hilly bits around Luton Arches (nowhere near Luton, Beds) and plenty of older housing there, too.

Lunch yesterday was a sort of brunch. Not sure what will emerge shortly.

Hope Sunday treating you well.

• Like 12

Well with Ed's and ID's advice ringing in my ears, I've just got back from Cromer hospital. I'd forgotten about Cromer hospital. Zero waiting time. Better than a 50 mile round trip to Norwich.

Subconjuctival haemorrage.

Clears up in a fortnight or so. Blood pressure and blood sugar tested. Apparently I'm "normal". My wife disagrees and wants a second opinion. Cheek.

Great News (and even better that they also took your BP and checked for anomalous non-fasting blood sugar values [i don't think that you would have been fasting for the required time before your trip]).

Self-diagnosis is a minefield best avoided, my last (tentative) self-diagnosis was that of probable adhesions to the patella OR a probable bleed into the space behind the patella - turned out to be Lateral Patellar Compression Syndrome (hence my imminent trip to the barber/surgeon). Such is life.

iD

p.s. I think googling one's own symptoms and self diagnosing "X" can also lead one into emphasising the wrong things when talking to the Doc - which can delay a correct diagnosis.

• Like 5

Afternoon all,

A quick post to say that I survived last night's birthday party, and the subsequent 'sleep-over' of a couple of great grandchildren, the last having just been dropped home! I'm not absolutely sure that the lady whose fiftieth was celebrated was impressed by the various A4photographs of her at various stages of her life to date (I did the enhancing, editing and printing for her daughter, partner of our No1 grandson and mum to Freddie and she took the blame!). Have had no chance to catch up yet and so I'm about to start trawling but I suspect it will be tonight before I get there! Meanwhile, with apologies for the rash of ratings, I offer the usual commiserations/congratulations as necessary,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Back after a hectic short break to the Ironbridge museums, which started with a 4.30 am start to get on the M6 before the Friday morning car park from St Helens down to Lymm, and which we avoided by about ten minutes - and that makes a lot of difference as getting caught in it can cost a good 40 minutes on a bad day.  And a late return last evening meant that the computer didn't get a look in. 

Not a lot of hope of catching up, but I did notice that Jock was celebrating his birthday yesterday, and belated congratuations.

Having just arrived, I've got to depart, as there is a lot of catching up on the computer, with e-mails and other things.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

A'noon all. It's clouded over and begun sprinkling some raindrops. In other words, it's a slow day, though we have begun tidying up some in case some of our guests next weekend want to stop by here!

Next training shift begins at 12.30 pm tomorrow and lasts till 9.15 pm. Looking forward to being out and about again!

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Now that Jamie, is a shed.

You took that turning by mistake?

Some would call it fate.

And although it is only a secondary consideration, the fact that you like the house is a bonus.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Now that Jamie, is a shed.

You took that turning by mistake?

Some would call it fate.

And although it is only a secondary consideration, the fact that you like the house is a bonus.

Wherever we go on holiday Aditi likes to look at the price of property for sale. I am not sure of the logic as one minute she worries we won't be able to afford to go on holiday if she retires and the next minute she is thinking about buying property abroad. Fortunately she soon returns to thinking we will be able to have some holidays and that Essex is a very nice place to live.

Tony

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

p.s. I think googling one's own symptoms and self diagnosing "X" can also lead one into emphasising the wrong things when talking to the Doc - which can delay a correct diagnosis.[/size][/font][/size]

I think one of the problems with diagnosis by Google is that if you type in a list of symptoms the answer may not be in any way correct. For instance if I type in mine Google usually puts lupus as containing the most hits. Now I don't have lupus and my list didn't include some of the major symptoms of said condition. More complex Google searches using logic would return a better answer but that isn't how most people search.

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

And it is good - it has rained several times and actually almost enough to fill one of the waterbutts.  It is now raining again - which should definitely fill the whole complement of water butts, we also have rain promised for tomorrow.  

Hmm, typical British summer, can hardly remember when we last saw the sun, no - sorry - that was yesterday.

• Like 7