The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Where has the morning gone? I was up at six this morning and I've done nothing except have a bath.

Any chance of a link?

i had to go searching it had moved...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/dimitrios-fotis-great-yarmouth-drugs-buttocks-1-6225158

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Raining here... forecast for rain until noon. Over 60s cricket starts at 1pm. Humph!

Have as good a day as ypu can and positive thoughts to all who ail or are missing.

Anyone heard from GDB?

Baz

We had a chat Via email yesterday he's fine.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

9 hours ago, BR60103 said:

We had one trip where US Customs confiscated all our eggs. Another were they had to call agriculture about our cat food; we were warned that we should in future keep it in the original container.

On another, we had a couple of bananas. We were allowed to keep them if we promised to eat them before we reached Florida.

There are internal inspections when you enter California and we were stopped once driving along the highway 10 just north of the Mexican border.

My Dad had the Straits Times confiscated by a Malaysian border guard on the causeway from Singapore. He asked the guard to look after it for him. I was quite surprised when we didn't stop for it on the way back three days later.

I was only 7

• Like 14
  • Funny 1

"Quiet day here so far, a bit of the "G" word and soup consumed, then sorting out fishing kit ready for a days Salmon fishing on the South Esk, someone asked me the other day if Salmon are an endangered species round here, I replied "not from me they're not, must be nearly 4 years since I last caught one and I do return them alive", I prefer tinned myself. Due to start at o6.oo so an early rise will be required, is it too early to go to bed yet?...……………………………….:rolleyes:

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Not good news about Sandy. No further treatment is possible, palliative care when necessary. The doctor said 2 – 3 – 4 months.

More later.

Aditi and I are both so sorry to read this news about Sandy. 

Tony

• Like 2
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Not good news about Sandy. No further treatment is possible, palliative care when necessary. The doctor said 2 – 3 – 4 months.

I'm sorry John. As closely has you have been monitoring and caring for Sandy, I expect that you have been anticipating and dreading this news but hearing it directly from a physician is a hammer blow nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Debs. said:

"We're here". I know I speak for all our E.R friends, when I say to you; indeed "we" are. 

We are indeed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I have just logged back into RMWeb after a couple of days away. I was ready to explain why. Now, it no longer seems important having read John's post.

I am sorry to hear your news John and my thoughts and prayers are with you and Sandy.

• Like 3
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear the news John.  There are times when even the most well-intentioned of words may be inadequate.  Please be assured of support here.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just logged in, and have just read John's post, and both Elaine and I are sorry to read your news - a me too seems a bit inadequate, but is the best I can offer.

That is all for tonight.

• Like 6
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

So sorry to hear this news. All I can say is that you both have my fullest admiration for the strength and fortitude that you have shown over the past months.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1
  • Agree 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Just popped in this evening and quickly scanned through. I was brought up short by your brief post John - all others pale into at least temporary insignificance. Although we have never met, I have read so many of your posts and admire the bravery and fortitude shown by both you and Sandy. I know saying that you are both in my thoughts will have little impact on your lives now but it is both true and all I can say.

• Like 6
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1