The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Afternoon all, took SWMBO to the doctors for sister drac to extract some of the red stuff, whilst there they flu jabbed her and I have to return in a couple of weeks for my jab, seems there's panic buying of vaccine and I have to wait..oh well. Finally stopped raining here, had the parallel bits of metal still been in the loft some muddling might have taken place, but going down the garden in that weather?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

#tap tap 1, 2, 3 are we on yet?#  new pages loading r e a l l y slowly here.

A'noon, as Simon reports the torrents have abated and the currant bun is out, but more wet preguessed for later.

Went to see my friend/ex-employee with the new hip, he's doing great after only 2 weeks, really looking so much better now he's mostly out of pain, just 'discomfort'.  Walking with one crutch only already, he hasn't started physio yet.  He's a retired theatre nurse (as in operating, not stage) so isn't a particularly good patient, but he is behaving!

I had to go into the big city on my way back, but I survived, one spark plug acquired for aged motorcycle.

• Like 17

HUMP day!

Feel I need a mental health day after being stupid enough to watch a debate brawl on TV last night, no more can/to be said!

Quiet other than that yesterday, though I did venture to the local B&Q equivalent to suss out the required components to add an exterior outlet on the house, to THEN run power to the new shed :)

Nothing too exciting expected to day either.

8, sunny and breezy o' crack-sparrow, will reach 16 with rain expected later (57% according to the twirlers).

Enjoy the day.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I quite like the new layout of RMweb but there's one little niggle. On the old RMweb I could set it to show my activity stream on a thread by thread basis. The new one lists individual posts which means having to scroll down quite some way to find the oldest unread post. As well as that it must take up a lot of space.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Afternoon all.

Our girl cat has bone cancer :(.

She had some teeth removed a few weeks ago and they took samples then.

It'll be weeks rather than months as although she isn't in any pain (that we can see), she'll find it too difficult to eat.

She's my wife and I first cat and what a cat! She's so good and is more intelligent than other cats I see. For example, she knows when you're upset so will come and try and comfort you. Tried and tested many a time over the 12 years of her life.

I've also realised it's the first time I've had to deal with a lot of grief in my life. Only lost an uncle and grandparents - all of which lived a good few hours away from me, I saw them once every 2 or 3 years, sometimes more, plus I was younger so pretty "detached".

I know some may think "it's only a pet" but they really do become part of the family.

It'll be a great loss to us but she's had a brilliant life.

Sorry to read this Sir T.

A Pet is much more than just a Pet, they become Family, and we all love our Pets, it's part of what we are in our Society.

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I got another TV licence spam today, the usual thing 'Your direct debit was declined please renew direct debit'. They should know by now, by the number of their e-mail addresses that I've blocked that I'm not going to fall for that one. There seems to be very little traffic on RMweb this evening, where is everyone?

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Whoopsie occurred somewhere and almost the BEST BIT of that email wasn't included, at the very bottom were the disjoined phrases;

"laPyaP is committed to preventing fduarulent emails. Emails from laPyaP will always contain your full name Learn to identify phishing"

It really doesn't get any better than this :)

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Had a bitza day today.  All bits sorted in a positive way.

Watched a 5 overs a side thrash from England women.. lots of fun and some great fielding.

Baz

Ooer Matron! :jester:

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
On 29/09/2020 at 12:18, iL Dottore said:

Something for ChrisF

A lovely homage to Flanders & Swann

Brilliant!

Hi Guys,

I was just going to write that this evening that I had been able to access RMweb without the need to forget my password when the above reappeared.  I know it was brilliant but did not need to repeat it after a day or two.

The other comment to make was 'the list' for content I follow -- suddenly quite long  ...  but at least I was able to log on.  Let's hope this latter continues.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3