The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

This reminds me of a former colleague's take on foreign languages:

25 minutes ago, polybear said:

Rule 1:  It's definitely the other guy..... :D

When at the bar with a friend, "I'll have that, he's paying" - the only two phrases you ever need in any language! :jester:

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

We get endless calls about medical insurance and insulation.  

Jamie

Are they robot calls or real people calling? Do French call centres employ people in other Francophone nations to do the calling? 

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Another lazy day doing not very much but I'll have to get the gate and the holes dug by the foxes sorted.

38 minutes ago, BokStein said:

Good Evening,

I've noticed that as well. I always go via View New Content and am often surprised to see some of my regular haunts not listed.  Often, I hit the refresh button (in Firefox, the circular arrow between the forward and home buttons) and the missing thread(s) reappear. My theory is that they are not shown because someone is saving a new post to them.

That has often happened and then Early Risers sometimes appears as a double entry. Hopefully the actions being taken tomorrow morning will get things sorted.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Jamie

Are they robot calls or real people calling? Do French call centres employ people in other Francophone nations to do the calling? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Jamie

You could always make out that you can't speak French. :jester: For that matter you could make up your own foreign language to utterly confuse them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Mainly it's French people and though most them come from other areas of France eh starting 01 or 02. They just get left. However  they havevstartedcusing 05 codes which are in our area and some of them we can't ignore as the next two digits are quite local to us and might be hospital or such like.

Jamie

• Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 9

A bird just hit the big picture window in the living room. I looked up to see a few small feathers floating down. Fearing the worst, I went out to look in the flower bed under the window. Not to worry - just as I got there, the bird emerged from the plants and flew off.

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

You could always make out that you can't speak French. :jester: For that matter you could make up your own foreign language to utterly confuse them.

I speak enough Cornish to utterly confuse anyone who doesn't.  Kewsel Kernewek ny Sawsenek mar pleg.  Basically "Please speak Cornish not English".  They will never have heard that language before and if repeated with a couple of other random words thrown in they go away to scratch their nether regions heads.  "Trewethyow moldrans morennow" might have them too.  Literally "I occasionally murder blackberries"  

It is unlawful to impersonate a police officer but not a solicitor so far as I am aware.  The very occasional nuisance caller who does get my attention will usually beat a hasty retreat at the suggestion that I might be employed in the legal profession.  The greeting "National Security - Criminal Investigation Unit" has been known to achieve the desired result too.  

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Evening All,

First, happy birthday to mrs Baz and Mrs GDB, and I hope you’ve all had good days and that goes to all ERs. 
Been feeling a bit drained of late. Last night I intended listening to the football on the radio but fell asleep and didnt wake up until this morning. Yesterday turned out as predicted and I managed to spend my voucher. Manager at pharmacy returned to work and was obviously putting on a brave face. Didn’t stop long as I think he just wanted to get on with his job. 
As for today, it’s Tuesday so we’re on school run duties so not a lot can be done but had Syd for the day. 
Anyway goodnight, and don’t get scammed, think before doing anything else.

Robert

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Jamie

Comes of being a known associate of GDB. They probably think you'll put your foot through the loft floor and cause yourself a bit of mischief. 

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, TheQ said:

...snip... The flooding at Wroxham is still in place causing traffic jams as some people are panicking at driving through 4 inches of water slowing to an absolute crawl ...snip...

Four inches of water on the road? I. too, would proceed very slowly and cautiously through the flooded ares. There is no way of knowing if any serious obstacles are submerged; something fell of the back of a truck, new hole in the road, things like that.

• Agree 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Indeed, my mind is truly boggled Dave. Another case of left hand/right hand. When making tea I was always led to understand that after warming the pot and adding the tea that you had to bring the water to the boil again and pour it as it was still boiling. Now its been suggested that the water only has to be at 80 degrees for making tea. What a load of baloney, the result would be very weak tea that takes ages to brew. I've just brewed a pot of tea, with boiling water so its be back later.

• Like 5
  • Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2