The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Often, when I get phone calls from a number I don’t recognise, I politely answer the phone by giving the name of my company. This usually puts them off, but for the intrepid few who want to go further I let them ramble on for about 30 seconds and then say, something along the lines of, “ Thank you for this information, but I will have to transfer you to corporate security on this matter, hold on“ this invariably causes a rapid hang up by the other party.

If I get a call from a number I don't recognise, I pick up but don't say anything.  Usually, after a moment the line goes dead.  If it is a real person, they will speak.  Every time this happens, I check the number online, and it always turns out to be a known dodgy number.

Adrian

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, figworthy said:

If I get a call from a number I don't recognise, I pick up but don't say anything.  Usually, after a moment the line goes dead.  If it is a real person, they will speak.  Every time this happens, I check the number online, and it always turns out to be a known dodgy number.

Adrian

I had a call this morning from area code 614 so I answered, I was asked if this were Dave and I responded very politely "Who is calling please?". There was no response and a I asked again with no response so I hung up. A little earlier this evening I looked the number up on Duck Duck Go (my default search engine) and found out that it is assigned to a trucking company in Columbus, Ohio! :huh: Who knows, I may just call them back tomorrow. :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Four inches of water on the road? I. too, would proceed very slowly and cautiously through the flooded ares. There is no way of knowing if any serious obstacles are submerged; something fell of the back of a truck, new hole in the road, things like that.

Not to mention missing or misplaced drain or manhole covers......

The local Gip,  sorry, Metal Recycling Operatives once cleared a mile-long stretch of dual carriageway of drain covers near me.  Personally I'm amazed that some countries in Europe (Italy springs to mind) manage to hang onto guttering and downpipes, seemingly without issue - they appear to be made from copper.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I forgot about the update this morning and I had just started reading ER's when the plug was pulled. At least its not this problem:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180?SThisFB&fbclid=IwAR0V3DnEWwBOY7Qt3rQVoNAAGzsP_L5KUdU_74mME0EwVem92tVtDB9MklA 

New boiler is working well, not only is the water hotter out of the tap but the radiators heat up a lot quicker than with the old boiler. 

EDIT couldn't find the edit button at first, its in the three dots top right.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 9
  • Funny 5

14 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I forgot about the update this morning and I had just started reading ER's when the plug was pulled. At least its not this problem:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180?SThisFB&fbclid=IwAR0V3DnEWwBOY7Qt3rQVoNAAGzsP_L5KUdU_74mME0EwVem92tVtDB9MklA 

I saw an interview with the neighbours who reckoned the problem existed whether the couple had their telly on or not.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning all,

We're back but running a bit lumpy at present, some stuff is taking ages to load so I should probably say G'day as well as Good Morning.  Little to report apart from Charlie cat managing to partially dismantle the exhaust hose from one of the drying out machines.  herself will be visiting her follicle rearranger localy later today so she will also conduct a Waitrose raid and i will be called out to taxi her home.

Rain later - lots of rain according to the Exeter seaweed.

Have a good day folks and stay safe

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I see the Icons are appearing in a cartouche, do we now all reply in Egyptian?

I've failed the major system, it's now gone for repairs, which means more work for me, as when it comes back it will need calibrating again..

So onto a multi resistor unit...

Capture.PNG

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yippee were back on with some really good looking changes.

Well done Andy Y and the Team.:good:

Still need to 'forget my password' to get on but 'content I follow' in terms of ER has multiple references. Last time round many of my followed topics 'disappeared' from my list and without he need to keep forgetting  ....  trying to remember what I was intending to write!

Edited by PeterBB
forgot to forget
  • Friendly/supportive 15