East Yarde (now 2 metres, plus fiddle yards) - now sold

mudmagnet

Guest oldlugger

Excellent work as always mudmagnet! You'll need to change the title again soon as you add more metres! What about:

"East Yarde in an indefinite number of metres"?

Cheers

Simon

Edited by oldlugger
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent work as always mudmagnet! You'll need to change the title again soon as you add more metres! What about:

"East Yarde in an indefinite number of metres"?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your kind comments.

It's unlikely that the layout would be extended, with the design of the backscene etc.

I do really to get on with Burrington Arms and East Yarde has been quite a distraction! Very enjoyable though!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mudders,

You've done a huge amount since I last tuned in, its looking terrific.

All the best,

Dave.

Thanks Dave.

Progress goes in fits and starts, depending upon what mood I'm in!

Anyway, basic ground covering now glued and ready for static grass application!

Hedges now added to rear of yard and just waiting for the glue to dry before fixing the gate in position.

Hopefully get some photos posted tomorrow.

• RMweb Gold

The gate and hedges have been glued into place, just need to add a little more fencing between the gate and track. A few more things to do, but make steady progress.

Also, been having a go with my new airbrush and have added weathering to the two class 31's. Still need to do a little bit of work on the roof, but getting there.

Ignore the gap between the backscene sections - not quite in line and will be sorted (with the addition of a tree)!

post-7854-0-01701700-1331478690.jpg

post-7854-0-08007000-1331478724.jpg

post-7854-0-68070800-1331478739.jpg

post-7854-0-41752400-1331478752.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

The class 31 is looking the part now you have done the weathering, and the extra metre board is looking great I like the gate and the bushes at the back.

Fantastic modelling.

RAY70B

Hi Ray,

It's all coming together quite well now. Will be even better when I get the static grass applied!

Stunning mate the scenics are fantastic n the 31 is looking great your a natural with that airbrush great job

Hi Neil,

I had a go with a few wagons just to get the 'feel' but then thought what the heck - just get on with it! I watched a couple of DVD's (thanks Ray), one by Tim Shackleton - very helpful, plus re-read Martyn Welch's book (The Art Of Weathering). So, I just weathered the 2 off 31's and one of my 25's - just got the rest to do now!

Hi Richard

It's really looking fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing it progress

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill, thanks.

• RMweb Gold

I've had a bit more time today to get some more scenic work done, so made a couple short sections of wooden fence as well as a few small trees. I also straightened the gate post - it's a bit crooked - help by my son accidentally trying to close the gate - note, the gate is glued to the post! So, away it came - not to worry all sorted now.

I've also glued the sheeted timber in place and added a few logs.

Photos to follow later in the week.

• RMweb Gold

I've had some time today to get started with the static grass and although the paint is not fully dry, I've taken a few photos today.

There are some patches that need a bit more work, but will wait until the glue has fully dried. I also need to finish colouring the fences to get that grey / green / brown finish and then will have a few weeds / plants growing up some of the posts. There are also a few details to add to the yard.

post-7854-0-89954900-1332100919.jpg

post-7854-0-24646800-1332100924.jpg

post-7854-0-50357500-1332100928.jpg

post-7854-0-99471800-1332100932.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Great pictures of this interesting layout. Looking forward to further updates on it :)

Great set of photos...

Thanks guys.

I forgot to mention that the 'logs' are twigs from trimming a plant in the garden. As mentioned above, still a few more weeds to add. Hoping to get some more done at the end of the week.

• RMweb Gold

Stunning Richard, yet again I'm in awe and inspired can't wait to get some track down n some greenery on, fancy a commission on some trees ha ha love it mate

Thanks Neil,

You know you want to get started!

I need to make some more trees for the far end of this second board and will take a few photos showing how this are made - quite simple to do really.

Iv got the scenic boards in place and secure and track building materials ready to go so I'll be starting soon just got to motivate my self to start a thread ha ha

That would be great if you did a kinda step by step, I'm a little way off greenery but you know me it won't be long ha ha

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard,

Really fantastic progress aided by some nice photography too. I like the 'half relief' trees.

Can I ask how you produce the ground covering in the siding area? - it really looks great (sort of textured paint - but better) and I'd like to try to replicate something like this on my siding.

Cheers,

James

• RMweb Premium

Looking gorgeous Richard, especially the area around the level-crossing. There can't be much more left to do is there?

I need to make some more trees for the far end of this second board and will take a few photos showing how this are made - quite simple to do really

I will watch out for that, never had much success with trees myself.

Is the layout booked for any shows yet?

Cheers,

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Hi - really like how this is looking now.

Can I suggest some form of cattle grid arrangement around the rails by the level crossing? They are quite obvious in a lot of photos of these ungated crossings, seem to be triangular or upright sections of wood arranged parallel to the rails, filling the gap between fences, rails & in the "4-foot" too. Couple of photos in this collection

• RMweb Gold

Richard,

Can I make an observation on the two buffer stops ?

I think you've left in some addition plastic used by Peco to help anchor the stops on the track, but which is not a part of a real item.

post-7025-0-23706900-1332164929.jpg

These are taken at Truro Stn, and are as similar to the Peco one as I can find (other than having extended rails alongside the running rail).

post-7025-0-90018700-1332164960_thumb.jpg

Other than that, fantastic as always.

Stu

Edited by Stubby47