Autoballasters

beast66606

• RMweb Gold

Funny I spoke to Hattons yesterday lunchtime and they said they were showing that they were in the country! You would have thought the same firm would sing from the same hymn sheet! One could get really hacked off with both Bachmann and Hornby. :angry: The JJA's are an xmas present which it looks like it will probably not turn up. My birthday present is a 4-VEP which Hornby have now put out to April. The MPV a present to myself when I was ill earlier in the year, goodness knows when that will be available and its got to be 18 months late now. My other half is getting ratty as I keep saying you can get me this or that and it never turns up when they say. A Q1, Q2 etc delivery promise is fine but they really should only commit to dates they can achieve.

Dave

Hi,

It may not be as simple as them mis-predicting the time scale. It may be that they have encountered problems during the pre-production process or something.

Please not that this may not be the reason and is just an example

Simon

• RMweb Premium

The plot thickens.......

According to the Bachmann website, they are neither on the "Arrivals in the last 30 days" or "Due in the next 60 days"..

Maybe they've been extradited to Sweden...... ;)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Get a grip for goodness sake

The manufacturers are NOT going out of their way to annoy anyone (do a google for JFK if you feel otherwise) and neither are Hattons - when they arrive they are here, until that time they are on their way, do we really need to discuss anything else :rolleyes:

Good advice there from beast. I think we can all move on and get on with something else rather than go on and on about the non appearance of a couple of models albeit obviously a life threatening situation for some. If you have some positive news to add then by all means contribute but if not I am sure you must have something more pressing in your life to do.

NB Not locked yet! ;)

Should there not be a degree of moral responsibility on the part of the manufactures. If they announce a new product and forecast its availability in time for Christmas and then it becomes apparent that they will be a month later, to just keep the customer informed a simple statement on there web site in the press release section would be ideal as it would put an end to the sometimes unfounded speculation and hearsay that forums can generate.

Jonathan

• RMweb Gold

Should there not be a degree of moral responsibility on the part of the manufactures. If they announce a new product and forecast its availability in time for Christmas and then it becomes apparent that they will be a month later, to just keep the customer informed a simple statement on there web site in the press release section would be ideal as it would put an end to the sometimes unfounded speculation and hearsay that forums can generate.

Jonathan

When was there a guaranteed delivery date on the website ? - the problem is that the forums generate their own hearsay and speculation, no matter what manufacturers do.

Err, there wasn’t, and I never said there was.

Bachmann’s website and indeed that of a few prominent retailers gave the impression that they would be available in December. Which, on balance of probability would have prompted many consumers to place advanced orders, hoping to give/receive one or more as a Christmas present.

Jonathan

Possible good news (if you live in Belfast)

They are scheduled for delivery within the next 30 days, Bachmann has a shipment arriving from China on Tues, that is the last one before Christmas so there is a chance they could be on it.

modelshopbelfast.com

38 Queen Street

Belfast

BT1 6EF

Jonathan

• RMweb Premium

The cataloge is more like a program of releases over the next 12 to 24 months, if they stated something along these lines we as customers would be more understanding when production delays occur. Or each item could have a running commentary such as 'at the design stage' - 'at the tooling stage' etc etc....

Or is expecting something like a ontime with the year of annoucment unrealistic? I personally dont think it is.

Bluebird.

Bachmann always say their catalogue shows their intentions for the next 18 months and seeing as it wasn't published until march this year, by my maths that gives them until September 2011 to release all the items in the current catalogue.

Cheers, Richard

Maybe we as customers of Bachmann/Hornby via the retailers should demand on time deliveries ? I cant think of another sector where customers are quite happy to wait months and months after the expected or predicated delivery date for their items to arrive in the country let alone their homes.

This might just encough Bachmann/Hornby to publish realistic delivery dates? In stead of the current during 2010 then 2011 etc.The MPV was annouced correct me if Im wrong in the 2010 cataloge, one would expect? that the item would actually arrive in the duration of the publication?

The cataloge is more like a program of releases over the next 12 to 24 months, if they stated something along these lines we as customers would be more understanding when production delays occur. Or each item could have a running commentary such as 'at the design stage' - 'at the tooling stage' etc etc....

Or is expecting something like a ontime with the year of annoucment unrealistic? I personally dont think it is.

Bluebird.

Well the factory is in china were there have power supplie issues, factory issues, companies going bust or being bought out, the fact there are fewer ships at sea with less shipping capacity by day worldwide. It would be nice for annouced and deleiver in the same year but dont forgot the hobby market is a lesuire one look at computer gaming industy how long as duke numen 3d/forever being in developed 10 years with numerous its here no it isint. things like MPVS and modern equipment requried lincences and legal paperwork which can be done in a day to months depending on the company and what is going on. You can not just used the cad drawings from the engineering office the Hornby 58 is proof of that were its correct for the cad model not for the full size thing were major engineering changes occured after the cad file I guess was sent.

I personally dont think it is.

I think it depends, if you announce a product which is fully developed, designed, ready to go and already scheduled a slot in China to be made then i'd agree with you that you should be able to do that within the year - but Bachmann historically has not worked like that, they have announced the product fairly early on in the process, and with that way of working there is not the faintest hope of getting a model researched, designed from scratch, tweaked, manufactured and shipped half way round the world within 10 months (Bachmann's catalogue isn't usually out at the start of the year) - and given that Bachmann have worked that way for many years, expecting that to happen IS unrealistic i'm sorry to say.

Just

Chill

Out

When they box lands they will send them to shops, and you can buy them.

This is soooo frustrating. I have a cupboard shelf that is totally wasted without 4 autoballasters sat on it in their packaging. I am soooo angry at Bachmann for stopping me filling the void in my modelling room :angry:

My wife works in retail where they import from China, Euorpe etc and I know the probelms they had in getting an exact time & date for the containers to arrive - it could depend on congestion in Chinas ports, shortage of ships, headwinds, congestion at Felixstowe, Customs inspections etc so I can see why Bachmann cannot be more specific in the run up to Xmas even though they know exactly what has been shipped. They will get here eventually and when they do, I will be a very happy camper :D

Just

Chill

Out

When they box lands they will send them to shops, and you can buy them.

Thanks Martyn.

As Mod5 has already said, and with half the country still in the grip of snow and ice, this is hardly the most important thing going on in the world right now.

As some posters obviously can't restrain themselves despite frequent calls for calm, reluctantly the only option I see is to lock this topic until somebody PMs us with definite info.

Thanks.

Archived