Autoballasters

beast66606

• RMweb Premium

and they're a different shape on a JJA to a HQA

Unless they've been replaced or hoods removed...... The light on the left is the original fitting, the other two are similar to the HQA

Cheers,

Mick

post-408-041893900 1290439464_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hattons are showing the other two vehicles as due 01-12-10....an earlier birthday present i think :)

Talking to Bachmann at Warley after Christmas is now likely as they haven't left China. Hattons delivery dates don't seem to get updated, The weathered JNAs from Dapol are still showing October and Dapol say next year.

Save your Christmas money ;)

Nice effect B)

Does the "directional" feature mean that (on DC) you can haul it with the lights off, then "in possession" put it in reverse and have them on?

Thank you, That is correct, just need to make sure I fit all the lights the same on the next 4.

Nicely done.

I can feel a major lighting project coming on because of your JJA!

There's 5 lights per side - between each chute and also between chute and bogie EDIT - there's 3 lights per side on a JJA and 5 on a HQA.... and they're a different shape on a JJA to a HQA . The generator also has an extra light under the canopy. Looking through my pics, I couldn't locate any lights under the small canopies on the non-genny JJA's

Cheers,

Mick

Thank you also Mick, I was thinking about fitting the light under there, but wasn't sure how to hide the wires.

Regards

Roy

Looking through my pics, I couldn't locate any lights under the small canopies on the non-genny JJA's

Cheers,

Mick

Mick, they are on the non genny JJA wagons at the canopy end, BUT they are lower down , just below the Sheild covering the brake gear so they light the walkway low down centred on the middle upright of the inner handrail on said walkway.

See http://mike6874.fotopic.net/p48147145.html, one of my shots showing this light , which appears to be the same style as the small one below the Genny bed on the available model with the orange jnc box to the right of it .. will look at all my other detailing shots of JJA's ( not to many compared to the HQA's :( )

EDIT :- I have looked and have some unprocessed shots, I will try to sort them out over the next week or so

HTH

Mike

Nice effect B)

Does the "directional" feature mean that (on DC) you can haul it with the lights off, then "in possession" put it in reverse and have them on?

I Have posted a video on You Tube showing in brief the lights in DC operation.

Roy

Nicely done.

I can feel a major lighting project coming on because of your JJA!

There's 5 lights per side - between each chute and also between chute and bogie EDIT - there's 3 lights per side on a JJA and 5 on a HQA.... and they're a different shape on a JJA to a HQA . The generator also has an extra light under the canopy. Looking through my pics, I couldn't locate any lights under the small canopies on the non-genny JJA's

Cheers,

Mick

Ermmm Mick,

Sorry here's a JJA with 5 lights !! :D

http://mike6874.fotopic.net/p48132141.html

Although they are of the HQA style, so the question has to be .. as this is a late JJA did they try out the smaller latter style HQA lights on the last JJA's ??

Hmmmmmmmm ...

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Ermmm Mick,

Although they are of the HQA style, so the question has to be .. as this is a late JJA did they try out the smaller latter style HQA lights on the last JJA's ??

Hmmmmmmmm ...

Mike

There's always one..... ;)

Just goes to prove that you should always work from photos

Cheers,

Mick

Well done Roy....Splendid idea for cameo...guess you need loads in them though?

Depends which prototype your modelling, i've fitted six (three each side) but there is the option and space for more.

Roy

Ermmm Mick,

Hmmmmmmmm ...

Mike

13002-005 all have 5 HQA style lights. Any earlier examples with odd HQA style lights, of which there are quite a few now, are replacements I believe as the first style fitted to JJAs up to 13001 were all larger and rectangular AFAIK [can anyone confirm?]. I will try and post some pics tomorrow to illustrate the differences as I am off work nursing injuries sustained recently tackling 'intruders' in my garden!

Very interesting!! need trip over to Hattons this week now.........:D

See earlier posts re 'type' One or two generator wagons now...the other 4 or 8 (non Gen) in the New Year. (Don't be mugged by Hattons offers!) Must say I am drooling over my solitary gen wagon and dreaming of weathering my mini rake as and when they all arrive. Truly the best non US outline wagon that I own.

I have just read an email I got from Hattons the other day to say my Generator is being parcelled up. I decided to delay my order until the rest of the Autoballasters came in (the non generator type). Although I'm a bit confused as the email just lists the Generator, & when I spoke to Hattons a couple of weeks ago I said I was happy to wait until the other 3? Non Generator Autoballasters came in so they could all go out together.

Somehow I don't remember reading the rest coming in yet, but if they have made it through the snow surely they would have warned me with a phone call as I have only just got paid today & only had £30 in my bank before now, unless of course they took the last payment out but I will check on-line later this weekend as there is not much I can do even if thy nearly did put me in the Red as that was my fault really not them :blush_mini:

Regards,

John

I have just read an email I got from Hattons the other day to say my Generator is being parcelled up. I decided to delay my order until the rest of the Autoballasters came in (the non generator type). Although I'm a bit confused as the email just lists the Generator, & when I spoke to Hattons a couple of weeks ago I said I was happy to wait until the other 3? Non Generator Autoballasters came in so they could all go out together.

Somehow I don't remember reading the rest coming in yet, but if they have made it through the snow surely they would have warned me with a phone call as I have only just got paid today & only had £30 in my bank before now, unless of course they took the last payment out but I will check on-line later this weekend as there is not much I can do even if thy nearly did put me in the Red as that was my fault really not them :blush_mini:

Regards,

John

not nice being in the red!! think weve all been there at some point.....:( nice when pay day comes........

• RMweb Gold
The other two models are due in the next 60 days according to Bachmann website

A conversation was overheard at Warley saying the other wagons are already in model shops but not allowed to ship out until Bachmann say so. When Hattons sent out my generator wagon the girl who rang me to see if I wanted to wait for the middle wagons told me the middle wagons were due for release begining of December which seems to provide correlation. I hope so as they are part of my xmas pressies.

Dave

Archived