Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapol HST

TomE

• RMweb Premium

Things seem to have gone a little quiet since the reviews in Model Rail a month ago now. Is there any further news as to when the HST125 sets will be available in the shops? And the latest regarding the mk3 buffets?

G.

Latest buffet news was at the beginning of the month about halfway through this thread

Does anyone know if Dapol will be releasing the Blue-grey HST as a 254 unit? If not would re-numbering suffice to produce an Eastern Region version or are there major detail differences?

Shame about the twin packs as I have a full rake of MK3's now (aside from the catering vehicle)

• RMweb Gold

No detail differences to worry about - the 254 was purely the designation for the Eastern Region sets. BR soon dropped the 253 / 254 designation, as it was impossible to keep the HSTs in their fixed formations for very long. That didn't stop some power cars carrying the set numbers well into the late 1980s - even after repainting into Executive in some cases.

No detail differences to worry about - the 254 was purely the designation for the Eastern Region sets. BR soon dropped the 253 / 254 designation, as it was impossible to keep the HSTs in their fixed formations for very long. That didn't stop some power cars carrying the set numbers well into the late 1980s - even after repainting into Executive in some cases.

Great! Many thanks indeed - credit card at the ready then as soon as these hit the shops!

Hi

Very interesting the HST developments, I had a look at the latest photos posted from the London show and Dapol have done a wonderful job with them. Very sharp crisp detail capturing the prototype extremely well in n gauge.

See I live in Australia so I have never seen a HST 66 or even a steam loco. I only ever travelled on the tube in London. I am not sure about this it could be a me imagining it or a trick of the light?? When a HST pulls out of a station does the head light get brighter or it it set on the one level? I'm not talking about day night lights just the Left or right head light. It does seem that way on a couple of youtube videos.

So whos going to be first to get DCC sound into the Dapols HST, will you do 1 or 2 power cars?

Cheers

Martin

Most 254s were mostly formed from DM power cars (no guards window) whereas most 253s were formed of DMBs (only the latter XC 7 car sets were delivered with DMs).

Admittedly they did get mixed up and then the windows was plated over but I can never remember a WR '253' branded set on the ECML. I will have to wait for a second (or later) batch of B/G as well as I/C exec.

• RMweb Gold

Admittedly they did get mixed up and then the windows was plated over but I can never remember a '253' branded set on the ECML. I will have to wait for a second (or later) batch of B/G as well as I/C exec.

I came across this photo of Dad's of power car from 253045 at Grantham.

post-5613-0-12781400-1301433773_thumb.jpg

Power car from 253045 Hull to Kings X at Grantham April 81 J7382

David

I came across this photo of Dad's of power car from 253045 at Grantham.

Power car from 253045 Hull to Kings X at Grantham April 81 J7382

David

253 045 was a XC set and EC or NL would have done a power car swap - the stock is a 254 set as it has two TF. When I meant by 'branded' set I meant power cars and trailers being WR 253 stock.

Hi,

To clarify the first batch of HST 'book sets'.

Virgin is .....well Virgin livery,

Blue/Grey is a western region 253 set to go with the western region allocated MK3's we produced.

Intercity 125 is the original livery using executive dark grey upper works (not swallow livery)

Intercity swallow is the revised swallow using Falcon grey upper works (we are releasing MK3 coaches separately to go with this)

However, all is not doom and gloom on this as we are currentl making the FW, GC and XC HST's for delivery later this year and i will slot in a batch of Executive Dark Grey original book sets as well , so dont sell your coaches yet.:)

Glad all that saw the HST's running at Ally Pally and in the cabinet at the weekend liked them.

not long now, and i think you may like them.

cheers

Dave

Dapol ltd

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the clarification regarding the HST sets. I'm after an Intercity Executive set - there have been no coaches released in this livery yet, have there? I've only seen ones with Swallow branding, not Executive (British Rail font).

I note there are 2 SO coaches down for release in this livery (NC065a & NC065b). Am looking forward to eventually getting a full properly numbered rake in this livery!

Edit: Checking back over the 2011 catalogue, the Blue/Grey models shown have the roof deflectors, but the above model shown in the pictures doesn't. Does the impending book set have them?

Edit 2: Which version of Intercity livery is the NC055b buffet coach in - Swallow or Executive (BR Font)?

Thanks!

• RMweb Premium

Intercity 125 is the original livery using executive dark grey upper works (not swallow livery)

Dave,

will there be "Intercity 125" branded coaches to go with the Executive livery HST? If so what are the catalogue numbers for them? I can't find anything on the Dapol website or any online shops. It's a bit tricky to pre-order them without the numbers!

When are they due out? Hopefully not too long given the review in Model Rail last month.

Happy modelling,

Steven B.

That's an interesting JPEG/image artefact!

Good stuff, glad it's just a duff snap!

Zooming in enlarges things and makes it clearer for those who find viewing small things difficult;

post-33-0-45303900-1301663530_thumb.jpg

G.

• RMweb Premium

Edit: Checking back over the 2011 catalogue, the Blue/Grey models shown have the roof deflectors, but the above model shown in the pictures doesn't. Does the impending book set have them?

Hi

I hope they won't have the deflectors as I want to model the earlier sets before these were added. Much easier to add than to remove.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1