Dapol Class 21/29

spackz

Well its been nearly 6 months since i enquired, the release date is 4th quarter 2015. Still no tooling samples to be seen has anyone been updated on the progress of these? They've been described as being in final cad for 18months now.

If a lot of us start converting/kitbashing the old Hornby ones that might speed things up.... :whistle:

Cheers,

David

If a lot of us start converting/kitbashing the old Hornby ones that might speed things up...

Mine's been up and running for three years now, since concluding that Dapol had not made any progress since the 2008 announcement, to be available 2009 . An easy meld of the Hornby exterior body parts onto the drive from a s/h Bach 24. Very small mods required to get the body parts to fit, and it cost a net £30 once the resulting surplus spares were sold on.

Snap. I was building two of these loco's at the time of the announcement and can remember a few nice examples appearing on ebay; presumably in anticipation of the Dapol releases.

Since then I've worn my two out and replaced the Bachmann motor/drive collars and they're back in service.

• 1 month later...

Its funny this has been brought up again as on Tuesday evening I decided to E-mail them yet again asking for an update, this time direct to the person who replied last time. I have yet to receive a reply, maybe if we all send an E-mail asking the same question they will finally cave in and give us some information.

"Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away; somebody said they'd do a 21/29..."

Still talking a good job on this one I see.

I fully expect Tony Blair to be elected Pope before any evidence beyond sketchy CADs of this alleged model appears.

Bachman, Heljan, Hornby; you are staring at an open goal.

• 2 weeks later...

Note the buffer,  models can have crooked buffers and still be right.

Thank goodness!

Also just the centre piece of the snowpoughs fitted. Any part/s of the three were often missing on these loco's; the same went for inverness 37's but I've never seen it modelled.

• RMweb Gold

The Dapol website has been updated and now shows the anticipated production of the 21/29 as Qtr 3 2016, so a year away at least.  

thanks, good to know, affords me a bit more time to keep saving up for it (or, more likely, spend the money on something else in the meantime...)!

cheers,

Keith

The Dapol website has been updated and now shows the anticipated production of the 21/29 as Qtr 3 2016, so a year away at least. The GWR Railcar seems to have leapfrogged it with the first samples being evaluated. 

Gives me more time to finish the Hornby body on Bachmann Chassis.

post-3520-0-90428000-1443082026_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully the Revolution N gauge project will help propel this project along. The development time of six years is quite disappointing. It is a pity that either Heljan or Bachmann didn't run with this project.