RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Congrats to Wigan tonight. A great result, proving the FA Cup is alive and well. Ok so City rested one or two players but it was still a world class team.

Personally I felt it was a red card as Delph was reckless and over the ball. Sad to see the scenes from the City end following the game. There is a thing called losing with grace.

Agreed... But you should try looking at the "comments" section of the BBC report of the game online... I can only assume it's the "anonymity" that people have that makes them write some of the bile that has been posted on there, and that's not including the ones that were blocked! Football "fans", eh...

The 'net can be a wonderful place but it really does bring out the worst in people, whether on twit(er) or comments section like that Beeb site. I see MSN got rid of theirs for that reason, wonder how long it'll last elsewhere...

Would second the congrats to Wigan, if City can't score with 27 attempts they don't deserve to win!

Edited by Hobby

A 6-2 win tonight for the Stringers against lowly Southwick in a game that should never have gone ahead. Unfortunately, despite the presence of the League secretary and Respect officer, the only person who did think it wasn't waterlogged was the ref.

This was the state of the pitch during the pre match warmup...

post-723-0-84404200-1519172463_thumb.jpg

Now we've got to try and get it fit to play on Saturday. 

Edited by dseagull

Quite good compared with some of the Division 1 pitches of the 70's!

Unfortunately the volunteers (and the tractor...) who will be attempting to put it back together on Saturday morning all date from the 40's...

Delighted with the win, and pleased to get a game in when I wasn't expecting it, but you do sometimes wish a bit of common sense was employed. We've got 9 games to play by the 28th April, it wouldn't have hurt to give the pitch a rest last night. 

Mind you, it did make for some terrific photos from one of our regulars! - https://www.flickr.com/photos/123320724@N05/sets/72157665981450208

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Meanwhile, on a pitch in much better condition, Derby County’s traditional February - March fall away from the top two continues. Despite creating 25 shots to 9, 10 corners to 2, and enjoying 57% possession we paid for not taking our chances against Leeds. I think they scored with their only two shots on target to twice lead. We were thankful to a scrambled 91st minute equaliser to salvage a 2-2 draw.

Five points behind a second place that we held only a couple of weeks ago.

We've got 9 games to play by the 28th April

Lucky you! We (Stalybridge) have at least 17 in the same time. We were meant to play Ashton United last night, and the game against Workington this Saturday has to be in doubt. Fortunately, most of them are away.

Edited by 62613

Gianluigi Buffon for Liverpool. Would the great man even consider it.?

He might if he desperately needs to top up his pension pot. Isn't this a Stan Collymore generated "story" though? Nuff said.

i would like to personally thank all Scunthorpe   ground staff and supporters who worked so valiantly to clear the snow from the pitch  and surrounding areas to get today's game on well done all and a supreme effort .

ps ta for the three points  :imsohappy:

The regular "February Wobble" continues into March.

Is the deal they remain permanently in the Championship?

Probably so the chairman does not have to fulfill his promise of 50% discount season tickets if we get promoted. He has probably given the players a failure bonus.

• RMweb Gold

After Brighton's win over a faltering/failing Arsenal we've now got 34 points and are top half with 9 games to go. Never in my wildest dreams.....................

I'm delighted for Chris Hughton.

He always came across as a really genuine, likeable person.

He has been treated shabbily in the past and deserves this.

i would like to personally thank all Scunthorpe   ground staff and supporters who worked so valiantly to clear the snow from the pitch  and surrounding areas to get today's game on well done all and a supreme effort .

ps ta for the three points  :imsohappy:

Did we? Well done lads!

Staying up?

results at bury next weekend away and dale later in April should be a big influence on that even tho i think they are both gone as well as franchise fc perm any one from us fleetwood northampton & wimbledon for the last spot  last day away at northampton could be interesting .  tho i think three more wins will be enough for safety 

Edited by peanuts