The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

An utterly shocking refereeing decision in the SPFL Dundee V St Mirren game had me thinking that it would be such a good idea if the referee could somehow be advised that they were making a howler and review or revise their call. Then I remembered VAR and felt the dreadful penalty decision is actually a price worth paying to avoid having that.

John

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, RD, I would have liked us to have got him, but I wouldn't have been as excited as you seem to be. TBH the biggest news over the weekend for us was about Pep, we've been lucky enough to get three good managers since the Sheikh arrived, unlike several other of the top teams, yours included. I only hope that we find someone decent to replace him. I still feel that Ole isn't the answer for you, nice guy though he is, I'd be more concerned if both teams ended up head hunting for a manager at the same time, which could happen, as your "draw" is bigger than ours.

1 minute ago, Ohmisterporter said:

I think Ronaldo has made a bad move. He has blown any chance of playing for Morecambe.

So it wasn’t a Wise choice? (Sorry!)

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Some last minute deciders and one not so close, so far tonight! :D

Still can't believe that Brentford are in the Premier League. I have to check for which division results, I'm looking at.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/sep/06/fifa-plan-for-biennial-world-cup-is-a-ridiculous-plan-that-could-become-real

In my view this is just as much a danger to the game as the ESL proposal. I'm afraid that Sean Ingle's final comment says it all: "A World Cup every two years won’t benefit football or the fans. Merely Fifa".

David

On 28/08/2021 at 17:06, kevinlms said:

........Still can't believe that Brentford are in the Premier League. I have to check for which division results, I'm looking at.

At least that "dream" of making it to the top table is still alive and a possible reality.

It's a reminder of how utterly awful and damaging the ESL prospectus was (and still is).....not that it would affect the likes of Brentford (no disrespect to them of course).

As for Brentford, it couldn't have happened to a nicer local club.

I hope they get a couple, or few seasons out of it.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2021 at 10:32, peanuts said:

And now it gets worse 30 mins after our owner apears on national radio claiming to want to "work with the fans" he effectively bans non season ticket holders from buying tickets for home or away games going forward .

For those of you who dont understand why we are in open revolt heres a timeline of the clowns tenure https://my.visme.co/view/ojn0j1oe-the-abdallah-years-a-timeline

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

19 minutes ago, peanuts said:

And now it gets worse 30 mins after our owner apears on national radio claiming to want to "work with the fans" he effectively bans non season ticket holders from buying tickets for home or away games going forward .

For those of you who dont understand why we are in open revolt heres a timeline of the clowns tenure https://my.visme.co/view/ojn0j1oe-the-abdallah-years-a-timeline

All I can say is don't give up hope no matter how bleak it seems.

I honestly thought Brighton were doomed; in 1997 we were bottom of the league and our board of crooks directors had just sold the ground for a pittance to the chairman's shell company who then made a killing on it. We went into the last game of the season needing a miracle or we would have disappeared for ever. 

Robbie Reinelt scored an equalizer and 20 years later Brighton were promoted to the Premier league playing in a brand new stadium. 

I sincerely hope you can get shot of your owner and can look forward to happier times.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, peanuts said:

he effectively bans non season ticket holders from buying tickets for home or away games going forward .

….  I haven’t been following this story in depth, despite having distant relatives who have been long time staunch supporters, and so maybe be missing the point,  but why on earth would the owner do that?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BoD said:

….  I haven’t been following this story in depth, despite having distant relatives who have been long time staunch supporters, and so maybe be missing the point,  but why on earth would the owner do that?

To try and stifle any protest a huge number of supporters are boycotting home fixtures to starve the regime of funds .most of those plan to attend awaygames only where they can show support to the team but still protest the regime .the club have already tried to restrict away support first game away of the season not putting tickets on sale for the Bradford game untill two days before despite having them in there posesion seven days and only taking 1200 of a posible 3k alocation  before tickets could only be bought in person from the ticket office .thanks to liason between supporters groups we now have a pay on the day facility at Orient that the club tried to claim credit for some halfhour after it was announced on the oasf website .the Hartlepool home match had been chosen for a pre match & protest outside the stadium so they have made it difficult for non season ticket holders to get tickets .relations between the club and a large part of the supporter base are pretty toxic 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

10 minutes ago, Kendo54 said:

Peanuts. Did you go to Orient to support the team. not the owners?

Saddly not as in Scotland for a family wedding but I will be there next Saturday  2pm for the protest March before the Hartlepool game plus Rochdale away tickets already sorted for that one 

• Like 2