The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Premium
On 02/11/2021 at 00:15, SHMD said:

I just think it is ridiculous that some are baying for Ollie to go.

Just like it was ridiculous that some were also chanting for Sir Fergy to go 2 years before he retired.

(That is a rare beast. A football Manager that retires!)

Kev.

I'm happy for Ole to stay as long as he wants.

Steve Nicol on EPSN is spot on.

http://www.espn.co.uk/video/clip?id=4514260

The players don't care, the manager doesn't, nor does the senior management and the Glazers don't, as long as the club continues to sell enough shirts to pay them. Mediocrity rules.

The fans are the only ones who care, the rest of us don't.

Edited by kevinlms
Typo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

So Mr Gerrard has gone from being the Messiah to being subjected to a torrent of on line bigoted hatred at the stroke of a pen!

Jim

Daft leaving IMHO.

Should have stayed for a few more years gaining experience, especially of the European trophies. Whilst also building a bit of a legacy.

Then come down when a decent job appears. All he's done is go to what is a yoyo club that goes through managers like socks. They've had something like 10 in 10 years.

Despite being a lifelong Liverpool fan I've never been a Gerrard "fan". Always comes over as being a bit of a *insert mild expletive of your choice*. Definitely a Marmite player with fans, you either loved him or felt he was vastly overrated. He wouldn't even get in my Top Ten Liverpool Midfielders list.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

He wouldn't even get in my Top Ten Liverpool Midfielders list.

Definitely not in the Jimmy Case class in the tough tackling department;)

• Like 1

Have been quiet of late about the going ons at my club but again we find our selves proping up the whole of the football league .10th defeat in 16 games no sign of any fight any improvement or life in the team.a manager who is tactically inept persists in playing his favourites in a 3-5-2 when he doesent have the players to do this refuses to make changes during games untill it's to late .we wonder why hes not been sacked yet as the clowns in charge havent hesitsted to pull the trigger before .next weeks home game against Port Vale will be very interesting and toxic .there is a planned protest day from supporters groups where the boycott of home games will be stopped and fans will fill the ground to let the clowns know just what we think & want namley they and there whole regime gone .as a counter to this the following home game against Forrest Green we are asking for a full boycott to empty stadium with a protest outside the stadium .since our last large protest abd resultant media publicity the clowns have failed to meet all thier promises 

3 year plan to be delivered by end of October still no sign of this .

EFL mandated fabs forums attended by board members still not held or schedualed .

Member of OASF trust to have legaly mandated access to club books as shareholders in the club name put forward and rejected .

Anybody can see the club is an absolout shambles from top to bottom and is saddly heading one way almost certainly out of the league and more than likely out of existance .

126 year old club ruined in four years by a pair of out of there depth clowns whilst the EFl and other football authorities sit on they're hands #timetogoAl&Mo #Abdallahout #saveoafc 

• Friendly/supportive 4

4 hours ago, peanuts said:

Have been quiet of late about the going ons at my club but again we find our selves proping up the whole of the football league .10th defeat in 16 games no sign of any fight any improvement or life in the team.a manager who is tactically inept persists in playing his favourites in a 3-5-2 when he doesent have the players to do this refuses to make changes during games untill it's to late .we wonder why hes not been sacked yet as the clowns in charge havent hesitsted to pull the trigger before .next weeks home game against Port Vale will be very interesting and toxic .there is a planned protest day from supporters groups where the boycott of home games will be stopped and fans will fill the ground to let the clowns know just what we think & want namley they and there whole regime gone .as a counter to this the following home game against Forrest Green we are asking for a full boycott to empty stadium with a protest outside the stadium .since our last large protest abd resultant media publicity the clowns have failed to meet all thier promises 

EFL mandated fabs forums attended by board members still not held or schedualed .

Member of OASF trust to have legaly mandated access to club books as shareholders in the club name put forward and rejected .

Anybody can see the club is an absolout shambles from top to bottom and is saddly heading one way almost certainly out of the league and more than likely out of existance .

126 year old club ruined in four years by a pair of out of there depth clowns whilst the EFl and other football authorities sit on they're hands #timetogoAl&Mo #Abdallahout #saveoafc 

What time does it all start?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, peanuts said:

You are at least still in the league, just. As a York City fan I sympathise, similar sounding  issues but now two tiers lower. Manager sacked yesterday, fifth one to go after a bad day away at Curzon Ashton! Even the City fans there were, apparently, fighting amongst themselves, utter shambles.

• Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, 62613 said:

What time does it all start?

Portvale game for pack the park is just attend the game request is to fill the large section of the RRE and make the protest at the clowns loud and support for the team  equaly so .its an attempt  to show any potential  new investors or owners that the support is there .

Empty the ground protest is outside the ground from 30 mins before kick off details on PTB OASF and Owtb 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, peanuts said:

Portvale game for pack the park is just attend the game request is to fill the large section of the RRE and make the protest at the clowns loud and support for the team  equaly so .its an attempt  to show any potential  new investors or owners that the support is there .

Empty the ground protest is outside the ground from 30 mins before kick off details on PTB OASF and Owtb 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, peanuts said:

I was at the game at St James Park, you were definitely the better team for the first 20 minutes or so, had 2 decent chances so should have been at least 1 - 0 up. What I did not understand was the persistence of the keeper rolling the ball out short from the back time after time as Oldham tried to play up field. Sure try that a few times, but once Exeter were expecting it it just put you under pressure. We were a little worried in the last 5 minutes in case you snatched a second goal. Exeter are now 14 unbeaten in the league (a club record) so I was pleased with the result.

cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rivercider said:

I was at the game at St James Park, you were definitely the better team for the first 20 minutes or so, had 2 decent chances so should have been at least 1 - 0 up. What I did not understand was the persistence of the keeper rolling the ball out short from the back time after time as Oldham tried to play up field. Sure try that a few times, but once Exeter were expecting it it just put you under pressure. We were a little worried in the last 5 minutes in case you snatched a second goal. Exeter are now 14 unbeaten in the league (a club record) so I was pleased with the result.

cheers

We are hearing that he also didnt take any of the kicks all game so maybe an injury ? Whitch is worrying as our other keeper is out wirh a neck injury leaving us with just the youth keeper as cover .also we dont score as we dont have a striker as such our only goal scoring threat was on the bench having returned from injury last Saturday and scored two midweek in the pizza cup defeat typical curle stupidity in selection continues to play Callum no Hope who will never be a league  striker as long as he has  a hole in his bum .believe out goal was a worldy from distance dont put mu h stock in it falsh in the pan 

• Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, peanuts said:

We are hearing that he also didnt take any of the kicks all game so maybe an injury ? Whitch is worrying as our other keeper is out wirh a neck injury leaving us with just the youth keeper as cover .also we dont score as we dont have a striker as such our only goal scoring threat was on the bench having returned from injury last Saturday and scored two midweek in the pizza cup defeat typical curle stupidity in selection continues to play Callum no Hope who will never be a league  striker as long as he has  a hole in his bum .believe out goal was a worldy from distance dont put mu h stock in it falsh in the pan 

Tho having said that the youth keeper is fairly usefull having saved a penalty during normal time popped up with the equaliser in injurytime then saved another pen in the shootout in a rescent youth cup game at Carlisle one for the future me thinks 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Well, today it looks certain that my team will be in the old Third Division next season...

Derby? My daughters other half supports them and has been expecting it all season, I suspect like most of their fans. Regroup, get a new owner, and come back strong! What do you recon to Rooney?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Hobby said:

Derby? My daughters other half supports them and has been expecting it all season, I suspect like most of their fans. Regroup, get a new owner, and come back strong! What do you recon to Rooney?

Not easy to find the right sort of owner when you are down in the third tier.

Much more mobility between the different tiers these days though so still cause for hope. One wonders how the financial management of these clubs can be so inept. 

Rooney has always had a good football brain. Probably more apt to be a coach than a manager though. Derby need someone more experienced right now.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

An entertaining afternoon in the Highlands today.  Nine games, 54 goals, and no prizes for guessing who shipped 10 of these.  Nice to see brechin City, relegated to the Highland League at the end of last season, in a strong second place.  Which raises the question - for a supporter, is it better to have your team in a lower league doing well than in a higher league doing badly? So far this season Brechin have won 13 games, which is only two less than 15 they managed in the last four seasons combined.

DT

Edited by Torper
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Torper said:

An entertaining afternoon in the Highlands today.  Nine games, 54 goals, and no prizes for guessing who shipped 10 of these.  Nice to see brechin City, relegated to the Highland League at the end of last season, in a strong second place.  Which raises the question - for a supporter, is it better to have your team in a lower league doing well than in a higher league doing badly? So far this season Brechin have won 13 games, which is only two less than 15 they managed in the last four seasons combined.

DT

Local teams on top yesterday DT. Montrose up to 3rd with a good away win and the mighty Loons running riot. 

J

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 09:21, Joseph_Pestell said:

Not easy to find the right sort of owner when you are down in the third tier.

Much more mobility between the different tiers these days though so still cause for hope. One wonders how the financial management of these clubs can be so inept. 

Rooney has always had a good football brain. Probably more apt to be a coach than a manager though. Derby need someone more experienced right now.

League 1 is becoming something of a rehab ward for ailing former top tier clubs. Already including Wigan, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Charlton and Bolton. At least 4 of them will still be there next season,

cheers

• Agree 2