The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

5 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Needn't have bothered.....

nope 31 days in charge there is something seriously wrong in the running of our club and it starts with the clown at the top .all the optomism from the new start has gone can see yet another relegation struggle next year thankfully think we are safe this time . a stockport style fall through the non league trap door looms large 

2 hours ago, peanuts said:

nope 31 days in charge there is something seriously wrong in the running of our club and it starts with the clown at the top .all the optomism from the new start has gone can see yet another relegation struggle next year thankfully think we are safe this time . a stockport style fall through the non league trap door looms large 

mood amongst supporters is predictably dissmay backed up with a lot of anger towards our owner .talk of mass protests walk outs boycotts many saying they will not attend as long as this clown is incharge many already asking for a refund on next seasons earlybird season tickets the supporters trust have finnaly come off the fence and are backing protest and direct action .weve had some pretty bleak moments over the last 13 years but this this has got many questioning there support for the club 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Champions League quarterfinals have just been drawn. 

In the first semi-final, the winners of Tottenham v Manchester City will play the winners of Ajax v Juventus and in the second semi-final, the winners of Barcelona v Manchester United will play the winners of Liverpool v Porto.

Why is there no straight draw for the last round? Seems odd.

Europa League draw shortly at 12:00

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

• RMweb Premium

I couldn't possibly comment.   :rolleyes:

I wonder if they did draw it randomly prior to the tournament knock out stages, to save another live draw later. But it does seem odd to draw all the previous rounds and not the semi's.

Europa League draw just starting. 

Napoli v Arsenal, Villarreal v Valencia, Benfica v Eintracht Frankfurt & Slavia Prague v Chelsea

In the first semi-final, the winners of Napoli v Arsenal will play the winners of Villarreal v Valencia & in the second semi-final, the winners of Benfica v Eintracht Frankfurt will play the winners of Slavia Prague v Chelsea.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253
Draw completed

• RMweb Premium

Tottenham v Manchester City - 9 & 17 April

Liverpool v Porto - 9 & 17 April

Manchester United v Barcelona - 10 & 16 April

Ajax v Juventus - 10 & 16 April

The  Europa League quarter-finals are all to be played on 11 and 18 April.

Arsenal v Napoli

Villarreal v Valencia

Benfica v Eintracht Frankfurt

Slavia Prague v Chelsea

Edited by mezzoman253
Added Europa League dates

I would love to see Ajax progress as far as possible. It is a wonderful story for a club who are punching way above their weight in terms of finances. Admittedly there is a degree of romanticism to it but it is great to see a Dutch team performing on the top stage, and indeed any club from outside the top leagues. The Eredivisie is a great league but the incomes and revenues are just so miniscule compared to the Premier League, it is amazing they have done so well this season. I just hope that all of their best players don't get picked off by the big boys over the summer. 

• Like 1

One down there to go.... just listened to the Watford v Palace game and Watford seemed good value for their win. A little disappointed, as I really like Roy Hodgson, so wanted to see Palace go through but, nevertheless, the Hornets really are having an excellent season. 

Massive result in the dinnertime kick-off at the top of The Championship too. Leads will be kicking themselves given they absolutely dominated the first twenty minutes of so. Norwich look to be in pole position but it is still going to be a fascinating three-way fight for those automatic spots. As a neutral - although admittedly with Ipswich connections although I won't let that cloud my judgement - I really hope it goes down to the wire on that last weekend. As with everything in The Championship, it is so unpredictable and relentless, so anything could happen yet! 

2 hours ago, south_tyne said:

One down there to go.... just listened to the Watford v Palace game and Watford seemed good value for their win. A little disappointed, as I really like Roy Hodgson, so wanted to see Palace go through but, nevertheless, the Hornets really are having an excellent season. 

Massive result in the dinnertime kick-off at the top of The Championship too. dirty leeds will be kicking themselves given they absolutely dominated the first twenty minutes of so. Norwich look to be in pole position but it is still going to be a fascinating three-way fight for those automatic spots. As a neutral - although admittedly with Ipswich connections although I won't let that cloud my judgement - I really hope it goes down to the wire on that last weekend. As with everything in The Championship, it is so unpredictable and relentless, so anything could happen yet! 

fixed you spelling error 

2 hours ago, peanuts said:

fixed you spelling error 

Sorry :blush: silly predictive text. 

Despite all the interest, a few upsets and some good ties in the FA Cup this year, it just seem envitable that it is going to be a Man City v Man Utd final...... :sorry_mini: 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Was it a clear and obvious error?

if they are going to continue with VAR they are going to have to sit down and tighten up the rules and their various definitions and interpretations. That may not be a bad thing.  

1 hour ago, south_tyne said:

Sorry :blush: silly predictive text. 

Despite all the interest, a few upsets and some good ties in the FA Cup this year, it just seem envitable that it is going to be a Man City v Man Utd final...... :sorry_mini: 

Does that count as a silly predictive post, too?? ;)

My dad died in 2012, was a lifelong Wolves fan from before the Billy Wright Era. He'd have loved tonight's match - getting close to the glory days he knew long ago.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

37 minutes ago, Dave47549 said:

... Or maybe not !  :yahoo:

Bully was interviewed prior to kick-off. If only he'd had the current squad for team mates...

Ha, shows you what I know.... I'll keep my mouth shut from now on! :fool:

8 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Does that count as a silly predictive post, too?? ;)

My dad died in 2012, was a lifelong Wolves fan from before the Billy Wright Era. He'd have loved tonight's match - getting close to the glory days he knew long ago.

Good job I am not a gambling man! :jester:

I'm really chuffed for Wolves. I would love you to win the Cup :good_mini: You play fantastic, expansive football, going toe to toe with the 'big boys', and it would be just reward for a fine season. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

19 hours ago, Dave47549 said:

Noooo, please please post a prediction that our semi-final opponents will reach the Final! :jester:

(I have a strange gut feeling you did that already by quoting Man City)

You'll be pleased to know I predicted you would be drawn against Man City in the semi-final.... obviously that meant it didn't happen! :jester: I hope you're thankful for my omen!!

• Like 1