Next batch of Class 70's

10:14 from Basford Hall - Loughborough via Stafford, tomorrow - ta to various and don't shoot me if it goes differently on the day

Thanks Dave...........I shall put my pals on yellow alert, but guns will have safety catches on, so have no fear.

Bob.

Any pics Bob ?

Hi dave,

I was hoping no one would ask me that question......I'm afraid the arrival took us by surprise, and at speed....hence I got all of 3 seconds.

But just to prove I saw it...here it is.....dont you dare laugh, we had been there 3 hours for that.!!!!!!!!!

Bob

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

What - no parcel tape around the windows.............?

The repaint would've been a perfect opportunity to remove the diagonal creases in the cabsides, but otherwise, nicely done.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

On Saturday evening. I spent a couple of hours unloading at Royal Mails Park Royal Distribution Centre, near Wembley Freight Yard. Saw a few engineering trains go past. However as I was putting my truck on a bay, a southbound Ballast Train came past Top/N/Tailed by two Class 70's. roughly about 20:30. They were dropping down the bank, taking the tunnel that goes under the WCML. Not sure where it ends up though, I suspect it loops round to Acton? Would anyone know what the Locos were and what working they were on?

Ta Simon

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Latest RUMOUR to resurface is that it's a demonstrator for GBRf. (Although FL completed the acceptance paperwork for 099) :senile:

WNXX reported a couple of days ago that 70099 will be for GBRf, working the Doncaster coal circuit.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Apparently routed via Leicester and Nuneaton to Crewe.

No frothing yet over it's colour scheme? It's allocated to DHKT pool at the mo, so that's Freighliner stored.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

It seems to be struggling to get out of the gate at the moment - or the realtime info is not updating !

For those who use realtime, this is a good example of what happens when a train goes "off route" - the updates stop happening until the train gets back onto it's original route - one to watch for when out in the field waiting for trains.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Apparently routed via Leicester and Nuneaton to Crewe.

No frothing yet over it's colour scheme? It's allocated to DHKT pool at the mo, so that's Freighliner stored.

Cheers,

Mick

70099 now allocated to MBDL pool - private owner locos, diesel. It's due to move from Eastleigh to Cardiff soon, but still no real confirmation as to it's livery or use, although the low odds are on Colas........ (Any comment Jim?)

[flame suit on] I hope it replaces 56's on the Carlisle run and then send it via the S&C!

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford