Bradfield, Gloucester Square BR 1962 ish

TheLaird

Nice one John!

I'm guessing you removed the roof and positioned a mirror against the inside wall of the station? Whichever way you did it I'm immensely impressed at tackling mirror shots and the stacking software at the same! A very good result.

Thanks Andy but it is mainly down to you!!

Got the new camera and the software bit...but am still trying to work out where the mirror was positioned... :unsure: That said....looks great!

Hope this helps explain. (The mirror is blue and the camera grey)

post-10660-0-68389000-1319966755.png

Of course the image comes out reversed ( a mirror image would you believe), so after stacking and cropping it needs flipping horizontally, I used Gimp to do this. The mirror can sometimes get in where the camera will not fit!!

John E

I didn't understand what you'd done originally John, but the diagram explains it perfectly. So thanks for that.

I have been silently admiring your work on Bradfield for a while now and take this opportunity to congratulate you on a superb piece of work.

I'm looking forward to seeing this in the flesh. Very atmospheric and prototypical running. Excellent!

Your camera work is brilliant obviously an expensive model ,I will have to try to get to Tonbridge to see this masterpiece in the flesh.Perhaps Andy could post his camera techniques on a new thead?

We would look forward to seeing you at the Tonbridge show. I suspect that the best time I will get to view the layout will be on the Friday evening during the set up time.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Thought it was about time for an update from deepest darkest Yorkshire! The new expanded timetable has been thoroughly put through its paces, the station pilot does add interest to some of the quieter moments. One or two tweeks have been needed to overcome some issues with siding capacity and helpful suggestions from trainee drivers! I will post some pics at a later date.

I have been working on the signals, deciding to do the gantry first. My reasoning being that if I can do the most difficult then the rest should be a breeze!! The Gantry and mechanical bits are more or less there and it has been through the paint shop. I am suffering pain from the learning curve of the technical side, having built my first MERG kits for the servo operating printed circuit boards and moved on to the accessory decoder board. The servo boards seem fine but my command station won,t recognise the decoder board!!!!! Ho hum!

So I got the camera out, popped down to Gloucester Square, took some more shots, fed em through the stacking software etc and here's the result:-

post-10660-0-32426800-1321696219_thumb.jpg

It was taken at lunch time, about 1.30pm. 44762 is in platform 2 having arrived at 1/05 with the Morecombe Prom. 44781 is in platform 3 with the 1/24 arrival from Carlisle. Both loco's have unhooked and run forward awaiting the shunter to release them whence they will then proceed to shed for servicing and turning ready to work the respective outbound services. The 1/35 DMU for Ilkley waits optimistically for last minute passengers over in platform 1 behind a row of dusty vans loaded for York. A few more parcels are being loaded at the fish dock onto the vans for Leeds and the recently arrived Carlisle has a couple more loaded vans on it's tail to complete this train.

Still struggling on manfully with the technology to work the signals, but in the meantime some more pics. Guess who's bought himself a photo floodlight!

A trip down to cattle dock carriage sidings this time and look what is standing in for the Diesel Shunter.

post-10660-0-17992500-1321991454_thumb.jpg

Once the pickups are pushed out a bit and the centre sprung axle fettled, it is quite reliable. A decent chip improves running no end but the motor does cog a lot.

post-10660-0-08062500-1321991474_thumb.jpg

Down and dirty in the carriage sidings as a scruffy old van is retrieved.

post-10660-0-15002000-1321991427_thumb.jpg

A rare splash of sunshine catches D95 entering the sidings to dispose of some empty stock off of a St Pancras working.

Must have been another diesel failure at Leeds!!

post-10660-0-92334200-1322141470_thumb.jpg

A Standard 4 Mogul has just come off an early morning parcels from Leeds, normally a diesel turn. It will shortly run light to the shed for servicing and turning.

post-10660-0-82816500-1322141449_thumb.jpg

Having turned, 76020 is ready to back down into the station with the ECS for the 10.10 St Pancras which it will work as far as Leeds. Looks like the local shed has been a bit tight with the coal.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but is there a thread, or an article on this "stacking software" anywhere, that anyone can point me at?

It would seem to be the way forward with model photography.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but is there a thread, or an article on this "stacking software" anywhere, that anyone can point me at?

I believe page 53 of the RMWeb Mag Modelling Inspirations had a small spread on the software including a link to the download of it...hth

Archived