Once Upon a Time.... in the West

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

At least one character in / on John’s layout should be taking a bath outside - but still wearing an all-in-one red Union Suit (underwear) a hat and swigging from a bottle of “Rye”......

One year I came home for Christmas with a red Union suit for my Father (complete with buttoned flap for backside). He couldn’t understand why they were so popular in the South West of the USA as you could take the dog out for a walk in sub-zero temps whilst wearing one...

Best, Pete.

Please don't encourage him in this direction, he has various ideas for operating the layout from mounting the controllers in rifles to tying a horse to the barrier, him wearing one of those red suits with the backside flap flapping would be too much...

Please don't encourage him in this direction, he has various ideas for operating the layout from mounting the controllers in rifles to tying a horse to the barrier, him wearing one of those red suits with the backside flap flapping would be too much...

Frankly I disagree. John’ll look totally cool on his pedestal in a set. With all his minions running around below...

Course he’ll need a battered Jack Elam type hat and a Colt Peacemaker (replica, natch) strapped A@# backwards around his waist. Everything should be filthy - because they were (except for the piece).

Best, Pete.

Frankly I disagree. John’ll look totally cool on his pedestal in a set. With all his minions running around below...

Best, Pete.

You forgot to add (after 'sitting on his pedestal') - with a big leather gun belt and holster, just to keep his minions under control..

(And totally off topic, my grandson loves 'Minions'...)

• RMweb Premium

That's positive... John has at least thought about the prospect of moving trains.

Things are looking up

Andy

• RMweb Gold

At the moment they move around in very well organised plastic boxes. Colour-coded ends and everything.

I thought all the boxes were shades of grey, with mainly yellow ends ?

• 3 weeks later...

I dropped by to see an occupational therapy session at our care in the community branch last night.

IMG_20150721_180938r.jpg

IMG_20150721_191832r.jpg

OG has been cracking on with icing the layout and taking some six inch nails to more trackwork.

• RMweb Gold

My grandfather was a plumber by trade and decided when he retired he would have a go at icing as he was good with lead work. I think he took extra lessons from his mate who could hand make plaster ceiling mouldings as the cakes were blummin impressive to look at! Oh and eat :)

Would have been interesting to see his take on 'layout icing' ;)

When's the first show?

• RMweb Premium

I dropped by to see an occupational therapy session at our care in the community branch last night.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150721_180938r.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20150721_191832r.jpg

OG has been cracking on with icing the layout and taking some six inch nails to more trackwork.

Yes, John has done a great job on the scenic landforms.

More inspiration for Johnny Gringo:

post-9016-0-27736600-1437616772_thumb.jpg

Window Rock - on the border of Arizona and New Mexico. That thing is vast. Note that stratification is evident - as it usually is out thereabouts.

The road is the Interstate 40 - the southern transcon of BNSF is just south of the east going roadway (I’m heading east toward Gallup into New Mexico). Should you wish to look it up on Google Maps.

This is too high in elevation for Saguaro Cacti. They start disappearing just to the north of Phoenix. This is the so-called “High Desert”.

Best, Pete.

Archived