HEBRIDEAN ISLES FERRY

carl1967

That's done it now. I am now forced to go on one of my epic tours, off to the Western isles. Seeing the the completed model, has has sent me off drawing layouts, for a follow up layout to Glenuig, though this will be several years away.

Good luck with the Oban project, want any photos?, I shall be up that way in 18 days and 2 hours, not as if i'm counting.

Gary

That's done it now. I am now forced to go on one of my epic tours, off to the Western isles. Seeing the the completed model, has has sent me off drawing layouts, for a follow up layout to Glenuig, though this will be several years away.

Good luck with the Oban project, want any photos?, I shall be up that way in 18 days and 2 hours, not as if i'm counting.

Gary

hi gary

good good!! thats what i like to herelaugh.gif pics would be good ta, but i will be doing lots of visits myself as its only 50 minnit drive from me.

Fab Carl, going to miss checking out this thread to see the latest with the boat, so hope in

way you are building again soon! Did you ever hear anything from CalMac? Such a shame if not.

cheers

Keith

Hi Keith

Do not fret m8, looks like i am going to be very busylaugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

Did not here nothing from them!!

• RMweb Premium

Wow! Large logo tractors, ferrys, Islands, Mountains, Lochs and harbour towns! Why would you not model the West Coast of Scotland?

Ships crew ready to go.

............. and Runrig playing in the background. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif (well they do originate from Uist & Skye where CalMac sail to)

Top Quality build Carl. This has to be one of the best non railway items I have seen built in 'OO' on this forum. Judging by the number of views I am not alone in this comment.

As the GCSE results are out tomorrow I'd give this an A*.

Wow! Large logo tractors, ferrys, Islands, Mountains, Lochs and harbour towns!

............. and Runrig playing in the background.

That's just the view from my living room window :D :D

(Apart from the LL tractors - will Black 5s and K4s make up for it?)

I must admit that I was originally a bit worried that the ferry might overshadow the rest of the layout.

Here's congratulations to both Carl and Clagmeister for excellent work in creating a scene that should inspire us all. smile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by Flood

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

I noticed in Smiffs yesterday that there is a special edition of Model Boats Magazine that has Scottish car ferry plans inside http://www.modelboats.co.uk/news/article/model-boats-special-issue-2015/21155for TSMV Bute - might be of interest to some?

Jon

Thanks for the tip off Jon. I know that MV means motor vessel but whats a TSMV? Long and the short of it is that the model concerned is the Bute of 1953-1978, and so would fit a lot of transition era layouts in her Caledonian Steam Packet buff funnel, which changed to Calmac Red in 1973 I think.Her sister ships were Arran and Cowal , fondly known as the ABC ferries This is not to be confused with the current Bute which is one of the Calmac ferries on Wemyss Bay- Rothsay run

Its my period, might speculate on the mag. Wouldn't have seen it without your note .Cheers!

Thanks for the tip off Jon. I know that MV means motor vessel but whats a TSMV? Long and the short of it is that the model concerned is the Bute of 1953-1978, and so would fit a lot of transition era layouts in her Caledonian Steam Packet buff funnel, which changed to Calmac Red in 1973 I think.Her sister ships were Arran and Cowal , fondly known as the ABC ferries This is not to be confused with the current Bute which is one of the Calmac ferries on Wemyss Bay- Rothsay run

Its my period, might speculate on the mag. Wouldn't have seen it without your note .Cheers!

TSMV is an acronym for Twin/Triple Screw Motor Vessel.

• Agree 1

• 3 years later...

Might be five years late but WOW! Excellent ship modelling, Carl.

However, many of the construction photos are not showing up when I viewed the thread today. Have you thought of creating an online book charting the building of your ships, showing construction steps and maybe some hints and tips to budding 4mm shipwrights? I, for one, would be willing to buy such a book and download it as a reference source.

Best wishes

Steve S