HEBRIDEAN ISLES FERRY

carl1967

Superb - are you going to weather it?

the layout its going on is set in 1985 to 1989 so as heb only Entered service the 5th December 1985 its going to look new on the layout and be weathered as time on the layout go's on.

thanks

do not fret! i will be doing a port layout for next year, mite do oban with 2 ferrys

You certainly know how to destroy a man, Carl. Here am I, sat in my windowless padded cell, no hope of release and having had my crayons taken off me, so I can no longer scrawl my plans for my new Oban layout on the wall, and then you go and say that.

I hope you feel some sense of responsibility for what you've done to me.

• Like 1

Wow! Large logo tractors, ferrys, Islands, Mountains, Lochs and harbour towns! Why would you not model the West Coast of Scotland?

Ships crew ready to go.

When I asked the question. Does anybody know where I'd get a Cal mac ferry from? a year ago, never in a million years was I thinking of something so good. Just hope now that Caolisport provides a suitable and fitting home.

cheerio

Claggy

Will be in touch!

Wow! Large logo tractors, ferrys, Islands, Mountains, Lochs and harbour towns! Why would you not model the West Coast of Scotland?

Ships crew ready to go.

When I asked the question. Does anybody know where I'd get a Cal mac ferry from? a year ago, never in a million years was I thinking of something so good. Just hope now that Caolisport provides a suitable and fitting home.

cheerio

Claggy

Will be in touch!

Hi mike

Heb is now finished and ready to enter service and awaits its crew to sail it to its birthing at caolisport.

I have also added a gantry walkway for the foot passengers, this is removable.

Carl

post-6809-128248134435_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248136394_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248138036_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248140976_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248142968_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248144937_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248147321_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248149567_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248151206_thumb.jpg

post-6809-128248152425_thumb.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Amazing! You must feel a great sense of achievment.

I'm not into boats but have enjoyed checking in on your progress, I hope you are going to do another one...

Cheers

Scott

thanks scott

not bad for my 1st ever boat scratch buildlaugh.gif

i am thinking of doing a layout ov oban with 2 ferrys with full LED lightingrolleyes.gif for the shows.

The word "STUNNING!" doesn't begin to describe that - in fact I'm not sure there is one that does!! ! I followed this thread as it went on, and was amazed, astonished and astounded (that's 3 A's) at what you have achieved - I'm sure that Claggy will be over the moon!

Well done!

There are always the transatlantic liners that called at Plymouth smile.gif

Millbay? Stonehouse?

nice thought john.

but most liners are far to big to model in OO gauge, can not do any ship over 360ft long as there just to bigblink.gif

mite be ok for N

nice thought john.

but most liners are far to big to model in OO gauge, can not do any ship over 360ft long as there just to bigblink.gif

mite be ok for N

To do Millbay docks and station in 4mm would require 60ft x 30ft (excluding fiddle yard) minimum to keep in in scale. Wouldn't exactly be portable for exhibitions, though :)

In N 30ft x 15ft. Anyone do a 1361 in N? :)