Lime Street Station

Les Green

1 minute ago, Les Green said:

Are you using a single sugar cube or multiple cubes? We know the sound is coming from the tender rather than the loco but it is not obvious when viewing the train or layout as a whole. The larger speaker in the tender gives a better quality of sound. I did think of putting a single cube in the loco as an extra speaker but that means eight cables between loco and tender.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Most have two..right under the chimney.the chip is in the frames at the rear of the loco (the pacific are stuffed with lead)  good pickups negate the need for stay alive so the only wire from the tender are from the tender pick ups.

Baz

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The tale of three coronations continues. The third of my three Coronations is a streamlined version. I need a bit of help here. The model is a Model Loco kit and the etches contain two small rings with four bolt heads etched on.

corobits.jpeg.07869cb8aa08c5fabc9aa46ddb4955c7.jpeg

The kit I am building has no instructions and I have no idea what these bits are or where they go. The full etch is for the streamlined version so I assume they will go somewhere. Anyone got any ideas, preferably with a photo? Also the picture of a streamliner shows a small vent. This is not part of the kit and I have a feeling an etch is available. Again anyone any ideas? The model is  00 scale EM gauge.

46227carlisle.jpeg.39a2cc5af27469dc2d907504eb1088f0.jpeg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Les Green said:

Also the picture of a streamliner shows a small vent. This is not part of the kit and I have a feeling an etch is available. Again anyone any ideas? The model is  00 scale EM gauge.

46227carlisle.jpeg.39a2cc5af27469dc2d907504eb1088f0.jpeg

Loco profile no 37 has a works picture of 6225, with the caption commenting that the ventilation louvres were added to the 1938 batch of streamliners, and were therefore missing on 6220-4 (as built). So it depends what number you're modelling.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, swampy said:

Loco profile no 37 has a works picture of 6225, with the caption commenting that the ventilation louvres were added to the 1938 batch of streamliners, and were therefore missing on 6220-4 (as built). So it depends what number you're modelling.

Just had a look at that. I am doing 6240 which would have the vent. I have already put the front steps on and the works plates!

1 hour ago, mswjr said:

Is the 4 bolt heads etch for the return crank, Seeing where they are on the etch, they have to be on the chassis some where and not for the body.

Found them on the top of the boiler behind the chimney. They are engraved on the boiler casting. I will leave them off as the thickness will be overscale and ruin the streamlined effect. Though you may be right about an overlay on the return crank and I will check the fit on the crank pin next time I work on them. Surprising there are no such etches in the non streamlined kits.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic news.  

I do hope the trader (who should be praised for his initiative) was lucky enough to have paid by some means that identifies the seller.  

And further, I hope the local constabulary are able to make further enquiries.

atb

Simon

• Agree 16

Steve/John

This is truly incredible that the collection stayed together, amazing that they found their way home. Such a boost for the group that the weeks/months hoping has been rewarded.
I would go out and buy a lottery ticket before the luck runs out! 😁👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Well what great news congrats to all concerned. Let’s hope the police can follow the trail further now and make an example of the individuals concerned.

Keith

ps. Are they all there or are some still missing. If so can you post details so that we can all keep a look out.

Edited by KeithHC
Addition
  • Agree 2