Lime Street Station

Les Green

• RMweb Gold

As I said earlier it's really great news.

I remember seeing Lime Street on what must have been it's first outing at Bletchley leisure centre when it was a length of retaining wall between two fiddle yards. It must have been at Expo EM as I was working for Roger Webster on the Ratio Models stand. I thought then that it was going to develop into a most spectacular layout.

Anyway you guys should have a big lift now and your mojo should be well and truly back.

Regards Lez. 

• Like 4

Wonderful news, which restores my faith in human nature somewhat. As someone who's never seen the model, I can only think it will be all the more spectacular when I do have the chance to view it. My best wishes to all the Lime Street team. Your expertise and commitment really justifies this unexpected reward!

Geraint

15 hours ago, Simond said:

I do hope the trader (who should be praised for his initiative) was lucky enough to have paid by some means that identifies the seller.

... And ideally by some method where he can recoup his loss, too.

15 hours ago, Simond said:

And further, I hope the local constabulary are able to make further enquiries.

12 hours ago, andytrains said:

I hope the Police have the resources to follow this up.

Problem with car boot sales are that no record is usually kept of the sellers attending.

10 hours ago, Simond said:

We can hope the buyer took a photo of the boot from which they were sold, and the number plate thereon…

Unfortunately, after (checks thread) ... sixteen months, it's likely the collection has been through a few hands. The chances of the car boot sale seller being the same person who stole them is not high TBH.  He could well be another trader who thought he bought a bargain lot, found the same "something wrong", didn't make the connections the most recent trader did, and instead decided to cut his losses by shifting them at a boot sale where any buyers couldn't come back to find him.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Fantastic news you must be delighted that you can get back on track now.

It just proves that whoever stole them had no model railway background and didn't realize that they wouldn't run on standard 00 gauge track which has turned out to be a blessing for you.

Richard

• Agree 1

Staggeringly good news - On several occasions I have wondered what I would do or how I would feel if this had happened to me and it was very hard to even contemplate. The joy must be boundless. Going forward, I hope the security at Lime Street is now suitably strong!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It must be a tremendous relief to get your locos back, lets hope the perpetrators get caught and punished

In one way what has happened has been instrumental in adding sound to the layout

Out of curiosity you now have a lot more new motive power to add to the original loco fleet, is there a plan to intergrade/replace loco stock ? 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Steve,

Happy New Year to you and the gang!

Good to hear of your progress, and looking forward to hearing of your forthcoming new running sessions.  Will there be video?

atb

Simon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

Happy new year to you.

Yes, I expect there will be quite a bit of video shot once we are training again.

Explaining how we are using DCC and the techniques for operating will probably need video with a "voice over".

Steve.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Steve Hewitt said:

Running time at long last.......................

It is several years (four?) since we were last able to run the railway.

Wow!  Is it really that long since I saw it?

Looking fantastic as ever.

Steve, its good to see you praising some of the benefits of DCC. Hearing sound on this layout will be amazing. Is it too early to ask if you have any exhibitions planned?