Kernow Adams O2

No, not the Kernow version.

post-489-0-22400900-1438944867.gif

This is my prized possession, erected by AdamC and painted by PeterC, and commissioned some years back, and holding the fort pending r-t-r versions to catch up.

My new shunting plank is likely to be home to several O2s in the months ahead.

PB

• Like 5

An update on the O2 from Chris Trerise including anticipated delivery dates.

Adams O2 Steam Locomotive OO Gauge in production

Production of our Adams O2 Steam Locomotives has now started and the first models will be leaving China in a couple of weeks time.  This does mean that the pre-order special offer price has now ended, but we are still taking orders for these models.  It should be noted that the amount of manual labour to assemble these highly-detailed models is very high and this is why the models will take a couple of months to actually produce.  It is worth just considering that for a moment - a production line at the factory will be fully-occupied producing our O2 models for three months straight.  Imagine that for every hour of every day, you will be inserting tiny pipes into the pull-push gear for months on end!   To give a taste of this there are some images and videos on our website that hopefully you may find interesting.

The seven models to be produced are shown below, with approximate dates.  As shipping details become available these will be added to our website as well:
prod_31963.jpg
K2101 DJ Models Adams O2 Number 24 "Calbourne" BR Black early emblem £124.99.  (Expected around October 2015)
prod_31964.jpg
K2102 DJ Models Adams O2 Number 16 "Ventnor" BR Black late crest £124.99.  (Expected around November 2015)
K2103a%20low%20res1433836311.jpg
K2103 DJ Models Adams O2 Number 30182 BR Black early emblem pull-push fitted £124.99.  (Expected around October 2015)
K2104a%20low%20res1433836375.jpgK2104 DJ Models Adams O2 Number 30225 BR Black late crest £124.99.  (Expected around December 2015)
K2105a%20low%20res1433836432.jpgK2105 DJ Models Adams O2 Number 225 Southern Black with Bulleid Sunshine lettering pull-push fitted £124.99.  (On board Hyundai Victory, due into Southampton around 15th September 2015)
K2106a%20low%20res1433836482.jpgK2106 DJ Models Adams O2 Number 30193 BR Black early emblem £124.99.  (Expected around September 2015)
K2107%20Final%20low%20res1435067816.jpgK2107 DJ Models Adams O2 Number 207 Southern Maunsell Green pull-push fitted £124.99.  (Expected around December 2015)

See further information, including images and videos from the factory, on our dedicated Adams O2 web page

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/109/Adams_O2_Steam_Locomotive

• Like 1

Good for my wallet that my order for 2 BR liveried mainland versions will be a couple of months apart. One will be a nice Christmas present as an expected December release.

An interesting point made by Chris in the weekly newsletter today, that the production line for the O2, which has already started, will be working solidly on the O2 models for 3 months, which means those staff fitting the intricate pipework will be doing it for a very lengthy time indeed. Worth thinking about, their labours, skill and eyesight for our hobby and enjoyment. I'm sure and hope they get reasonable breaks.

• RMweb Premium

No, not the Kernow version.

attachicon.gifpost-256-0-29704600-1310551147_thumb.gif

This is my prized possession, erected by AdamC and painted by PeterC, and commissioned some years back, and holding the fort pending r-t-r versions to catch up.

My new shunting plank is likely to be home to several O2s in the months ahead.

PB

Nice model Peter and, for a mainland version, correctly doesn't have cab doors.

Bit of work when my pre-order K 2104 and K 2106 arrive.  

Removing smokebox number plate (not sure if Kernow will have the numberplateless K2107 spare doors in stock for some time.)

Removing cab door

Stripping BR striping, number and logo

Repairing black paint

Lettering 1942+ Southern (There is sunshine in my soul today...)

Finding a suitable small enough 6 pin decoder this side of the Atlantic.

It's a good thing I am a model builder/modifier rather than a collector.

Nice to know they will be spaced out rather than arriving all at once. 

I have volunteered to Kernow to take any 2104/2106 that have bad BR era lining and paint jobs to fill my orders.

Edited by autocoach
  • Like 1

Damn you Kernow!

I have the Maunsell green on order and have been toying with the Bulleid black but thought I wouldn't be able to afford 2 at once, now with the staggered delivery I'm really tempted.

Problem is I'm going to have to pay full rather than pre order Price.

Damn you.

Nik

• 2 weeks later...

First of the O2s (Black Southern and early BR) are on the ship 'Hyundai Victory'  details in the Kernow news letter.  'Hyundai Victory' can be tracked as before with the well tank. Currently well out of Hong Kong but a long way to go yet.

First of the O2s (Black Southern and early BR) are on the ship 'Hyundai Victory'  details in the Kernow news letter.  'Hyundai Victory' can be tracked as before with the well tank. Currently well out of Hong Kong but a long way to go yet.

Hyundai Victory, due into Singapore on August the 23rd.

Personally I would like my pair sent at the same time (knowing Kernow, I am sure I can request it). One is on a boat now, and I suspect the other will be in 2 weeks time...

The O2 wins as the first all DJM model to reach the market.

While we are waiting - I have just been reading about the plans for around 300 trains, carrying containers, per year to run from China (at the moment Kumming, but also from Zhengzhou) to Rotterdam, following trials. UPS are also to offer less-than-containerload services by train, but this is to Hamburg. These trips take around 18 days as opposed to around 3/4 weeks by ship (depending on where it calls and how slow it is running to save fuel).

I wonder if we will see our train models delivered by train in the near future?

• Like 1

While we are waiting - I have just been reading about the plans for around 300 trains, carrying containers, per year to run from China (at the moment Kumming, but also from Zhengzhou) to Rotterdam, following trials. UPS are also to offer less-than-containerload services by train, but this is to Hamburg. These trips take around 18 days as opposed to around 3/4 weeks by ship (depending on where it calls and how slow it is running to save fuel).

I wonder if we will see our train models delivered by train in the near future?

I wonder if they can be persuaded to lay HO track in parallel, then the models can arrive fully run in (and possibly burned out after that distance). Is James May reading this...? :-)

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1

'Hyundai Victory' with first O2s on board still in Singapore but next destination put up COLOMBO_SRI LANKA eta 2300 28 Aug. May well be sailing tonight.

Edit - 1430BST tug in attendance

Edit - 15.29BST    Manoeuvring 

Edited by gardenwall
  • Like 1

I think it's great fun to watch the ship transit half the world to be honest, especially as it's the end of the start of DJM and i can now settle own to produce, supply and manufacture models without the juvenile 'vapourware' tag being labelled towards me by the cyber bullies who don't have the cojones to do it themselves.  (yeah i know, fat chance of that happening eh? lol)

• Like 1

I wonder if they can be persuaded to lay HO track in parallel, then the models can arrive fully run in (and possibly burned out after that distance). Is James May reading this...? :-)

Hmmm, about 12000 km from Shanghai to London. A model moves about 1 metre per second. That equates to just under 140 days transit time.

But hang on, Most models will need parts replacing 1000 km or so. So add 12 additional days having stop points fitting new chassis etc.

On those thoughts, please send mine via boat ;-))

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1