RMweb

DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Thanks Guy, Thats a great compliment to hear that everything is fitting together like it belongs, i think that is the hardest thing when your doing something that is fictional and not a prototype.

The shark has to be my best wagon so far, i have to stop myself sometimes from shunting it all over the layout and taking to many pics of it.

Thanks again Guy

Hi all, Happy new year to you all.

2012 is going to be a big year for Deeping Lane, there is alot of shows to attend which i am really excited about, especially making its debut at Mansfield, which was the first show i ever exhibited at and its also my Birth town, and maybe a few features on the horizon.

On the modelling front i have been doing a little more work on the 60s, this has mainly been taking some more dirt off after a chat with Cav we felt that they looked to dirty and after looking through some more photos i took it back a bit more and im now pretty happy with them.

I have posted some pics in my gallery until the thread posting is working again.

There are a few more tweeks that i need to make to the layout before march which includes finishing the frontage with the name signage, making sure the dynamis losing signal issue is resolved and ensuring all the stock is looking good.

I also have the missus finishing curtains off for the front.

Attentions will then turn to a small project to keep me modelling inbetween shows while Deeping Lane is partially packed away.

Cheers

Neil

Neil, I have only just caught on to this thread and must say I am very impressed with your work on the layout and stock. I will be interested in your experience with the Dynamis (I assume you will use it at a exhibition) as I am starting a small project and plan to use a Dynamis for control.

Nick

Hi Nick, Thank you for the great comments, i have to say iv been a fan of your layouts especially Dyserth, big influence.

I will be using the dynamis at exhibitions, the problem iv found is that it loses signal when the line of sight is obscured, my transmitter box is sat at the front of the fiddle yard and when i go to the other end of the layout to the rear of the depot it tends to cut out and lose signal.

The plan at the moment is to incorporate a small fold down shelf at the rear of the scenic section in the middle for the transmitter to sit on, it will be a bit of a pain leaning over it and moving round it but it will improve running reliabillity, im pretty much stumped on what else to do.

I have to say i like how the dynamis handles in general and its great for layouts this size.

Cheers again Nick look forward to seeing your small project come to life.

Neil, I have only just caught on to this thread and must say I am very impressed with your work on the layout and stock. I will be interested in your experience with the Dynamis (I assume you will use it at a exhibition) as I am starting a small project and plan to use a Dynamis for control.

Nick

Agreed Nick - Mason has a cracking layout and has improved so much since Pilot Road - Looking forward to seeing DL in the flesh this year at Mansfield - good to see you are still about - what has happened to Holland Park?

Thanks Ian, be good to get together at Mansfield too.

Its weird looking back at pictures of pilot road now because i would have changed so much and some of it i actually cringe at hahaha.

Nick what has happened to Holland Park and Dyerth Road too

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nick, Thank you for the great comments, i have to say iv been a fan of your layouts especially Dyserth, big influence.

I will be using the dynamis at exhibitions, the problem iv found is that it loses signal when the line of sight is obscured, my transmitter box is sat at the front of the fiddle yard and when i go to the other end of the layout to the rear of the depot it tends to cut out and lose signal.

The plan at the moment is to incorporate a small fold down shelf at the rear of the scenic section in the middle for the transmitter to sit on, it will be a bit of a pain leaning over it and moving round it but it will improve running reliabillity, im pretty much stumped on what else to do.

I have to say i like how the dynamis handles in general and its great for layouts this size.

Cheers again Nick look forward to seeing your small project come to life.

Hi Neil,

Good to see that you are almost ready for the first public showing of DL. The small shelf for the dynamis receiver in the centre of the layout should be much better than at the fiddle yard. I used something similar on Orchard Road for it's first show, but since changed over to the NCE Powercab.

Cheers Scott, i have to say i have been watching Redbrook too.

I think you tend to model what you have grown up with and i grew up with MGR trains through Mansfield behind 56's, 58's and 20's then came the 60s, i really need to get some 56s n 58s hahaha

Well finally able to get some pics back on the thread, and more of the toned down weathering of the two 60,s. I have to say the first shot is my fave so far

All comments welcome

post-6696-0-87719500-1325498769.jpg

post-6696-0-88992000-1325498811.jpg

post-6696-0-23370300-1325498813.jpg

post-6696-0-90076500-1325498814.jpg

post-6696-0-11321200-1325498816.jpg

post-6696-0-35393500-1325498817.jpg

post-6696-0-64549600-1325498818.jpg

post-6696-0-82466100-1325498819.jpg

Cheers

• Like 4

Thanks for the comments Simon, been watching your Skewan Project and thats coming along nicely, most of my ideas have been picked up from other layouts like Outon Road, Orchard Road, Park Road TMD, Dyserth Road, Wells Green and Brooke Wharf to name a few.

I also keep a clippings folder of all the layouts and articles that have inspired me or given me advice and tips, and a few discs full of photos and plans that are always useful for that little detail.

Thanks Dave, iv been trying to get different angles and this turned out ok.

Some are smaller because i saved them at 300dpi because i was having trouble loading at 640, and iv had to also put some on disk and they have been requested at the 300dpi also

I can only echo each of the comments previous, a fantastic layout with great scenics, operating interest and wide variety of stock. Looking forward to supporting you in the exhibition's this year Neil. Now I must get on with that 47... :)

Cheers Chris, i know you enjoyed having a play last week, thanks for the great comments. looking forward to you being onboard for a few events.

I am really pleased with how this has turned out and its turned out alot better than i thought, but thats credit to people who have helped me with hints and tips and comments that have influenced the way iv modelled this and techniques i would have never considered.

Special thanks to Cav ( RBE ) Mudmagnet, AndyP , Crisisrail and yourself Chris.

I really cant wait to get this out on the road.

I have a few tweeks to make yet but they will be done before March.

And yes Chris get that 47 done, cant have enough Duffs on Deeping :)

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing DL in the flesh at Mansfield. Its looking the biz, I wish I only had tweeks to do!! I still have major building to get done (8 and a half weeks and counting!!! :O )

Chris some nice duffs would look good taking a cross pennine trip through Outon Road I think also!! Anyone with any AC EMU's would go down a treat too as I wont have chance to build one by then!!

Cav

Looking forward to seeing DL in the flesh at Mansfield. Its looking the biz, I wish I only had tweeks to do!! I still have major building to get done (8 and a half weeks and counting!!! :O )

Chris some nice duffs would look good taking a cross pennine trip through Outon Road I think also!! Anyone with any AC EMU's would go down a treat too as I wont have chance to build one by then!!

Cav

I'm sure it can't be ruled out that there will be some weekend stock swapping taking place Cav!, have got a couple of 47's and 37/5's on the workbench at present.

I think we should make a spur off Outon to Deeping for loco stabling and servicing :)

8 and half weeks, blimey thats getting close, better sort those couplings and get a few extra stock bits then.