DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Cheers Andy I have two days holiday so a nice lay in for me on the morning, everything packed up n ready for the van so I'm gonna relax tomorrow n I'll have plenty of help just gave to turn those sound locos down if I nod off

Hi Neil, great to see you and your Dad today, Mike and I really enjoyed the show. Thanks for letting me bring my SOUND locos, it was good to watch them from over the fence without worring about running them. Your hard work has really paid off, and I feel that Deeping Lane will be a big hit with Show Orginisers far and wide, good running great atmosphere and lots of details to look for. You could do with a check chart in front of the fiddle yard to give a list of small details for the kids to look for, like the High Vis etc. Sorry we had to go so soon in the day and leave you all quiet again but I am sure that by the time I see Deeping again it will be VERY NOISEY INDEED. All the best Andy.

post-9335-0-77200400-1330794059_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-50839400-1330794111_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83944900-1330794138_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Andy, it was an absolute pleasure good to see u again and to meet mike to, thank you for the chance to have some sound on deeping, the atmosphere it creates on such a small layout as mine us amazing and the 20 just does for me ha ha.

I like the idea of the visual detail check list that's superb and I'm glad u like the layout looks like I'll have a sale war if it ever gets sold.

Think I'm gonna have to get some money spent on some sound now ha ha thanks again Andy and really hope to see u soon

Evening Neil

How did the day go? - plenty of interest?

Gutted we cannot be over this weekend (even had to miss Preston which was only 2 miles away)

Currently languishing here tonight suffering another fuelling point idea Crisis.... :crazy: :banghead:

Hi mate, it went well especially when the sound locos came on the layout, was disturbingly quiet when they went tho.

Layout ran pretty well, had a few minor issues with the 3 way n my dad decided it would look better if the layout was lower, he was right as always after I drafted Cav n Chris to hold the layout up while I dropped legs, defiantly better. Need to shunt more wagons tho.

Like the thoughts of a fuel point tho, u know you need to get it out your system, also purchased a 153 n a red stripe 37 which I can hopefully chip tomorrow. ( I'll get on PayPal for Sunday night too, I hadn't forgot ) lookin forward to tomorrow, shame u couldn't get over but will catch up soon

Yes sorry we could not see DL up close maybe if you are showing at RM Web members day in July? I have that pencilled as well as DEMU at Burton - always a good un.

Before finalisiing Whalley Cement  in the garage this Spring I had another small fuel point idea well sorted until I  came across this beauty.... http://www.flickr.co...l95/4840538566/ plans were all thrown in disarray - A soft spot for 25;s that transport me back to the 70's I suppose.

Edited by Crisis Rail

Hi all well all is packed away after a superb weekend at the Mansfield show.

The layout ran fantastic, only 1 glitch which was a point motor on the 3way not throwing all the time which we think is the switch. My dad also has raised some improvemts that can be made to the fiddle yard to make it easier to swap trains over.

I also came away with a Bachmann rail freight 37 and a east midland 153 for the new project. I also came back inspired with seeing outon road and st minion. Got some great scenic tips from Cav that I will be using to spruce up deeping.

Had some great fun with sound locos and my dad totally enjoyed that and wants to go dcc if he didn't have so much old stock. I will upload some pics and a short vid of the sound on deeping. Thank you to everyone who came and had a chat and the great comments, very sorry if I missed anyone.

Hi all well all is packed away after a superb weekend at the Mansfield show.

The layout ran fantastic, only 1 glitch which was a point motor on the 3way not throwing all the time which we think is the switch. My dad also has raised some improvemts that can be made to the fiddle yard to make it easier to swap trains over.

I also came away with a Bachmann rail freight 37 and a east midland 153 for the new project. I also came back inspired with seeing outon road and st minion. Got some great scenic tips from Cav that I will be using to spruce up deeping.

Had some great fun with sound locos and my dad totally enjoyed that and wants to go dcc if he didn't have so much old stock. I will upload some pics and a short vid of the sound on deeping. Thank you to everyone who came and had a chat and the great comments, very sorry if I missed anyone.

The layout did well and you should be proud of the interest for your first show, I have a 3 way point on Deesdale and it often gives me grief so next time no more 3 ways even if it means you need to loose a bit of length, anyway, well done kid and your operator. .All the best Andy.

Thanks mate, I am proud n I think my dad was too, got two more show invites which is cool and there are things I can improve on also, like the fiddle yard, improve the greenery with a little better static grasses which Cav kindly started while he showed me his technique that he used on outon and also things we tweeted on the day like the layout height n probably a different control system n better chips too. So it's still evolving n I was very pleased with the comments on the digi frame which went down a treat.

Well deeping lane is all packed away at the moment pending its next outing in April, thoughts have now turned to getting new and existing stock detailed n weathered n running correctly.

I will have to strip 47145 down as it really doesn't want to run at all and I have a problem with newly aquired Bachmann 37 which seems to like blowing chips, it's currently been through 2 in as many days, so any ideas anyone has?

Plenty of wagons to sort including 4 Buxton limes to weather n detail n some static grass to lay when it arrives.

Also new boards made n fixed in place for a new permanent layout n I'll post a thread soon

Next deeping lane outing is at the Deeping model railway show On April 14/15th

Cheers

• Like 1

hi all finally got the pics sorted from Mansfield and a few bits from the work iv started doing on the new railfreight 37

as always comments welcome

post-6696-0-68106900-1331476139.jpg

post-6696-0-14831500-1331476137.jpg

my dad and Chris Usher at the controls.

post-6696-0-09530300-1331476119.jpg

post-6696-0-43062700-1331476121.jpg

post-6696-0-62233300-1331476123.jpg

post-6696-0-52983600-1331476127_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-70828600-1331476138.jpg

post-6696-0-03581500-1331476118.jpg

post-6696-0-32326300-1331476116.jpg

37 weathered differntly to the last few locos using powders only and a little water added, i did this as i wanted to try a different less grimy look on this loco.

Cheers

• Like 5

Thanks guy and Leon, I kinda went back to we're I started on 693 and used a lot if different coloured powders, the only thing I did slightly different n was a bit of a gamble was to paint the roof in acrylic rail match roof dirt, while it was stil wet I took the whole lot off again, this realty gave it a dulled mart look n slightly faded to, I've also found that gently wiping a cotton bud with a little white spirit kinda dulls the grey n then I just hit it with the powders, mainly carrs browns n blacks, the bogies n under frame look really good and the best I've done so far, I think the airbrush may come out to lightly do the exhaust stain on the roof n then just front end detail.

I know Cav will be happy I have reverted back to this method :) next id like to have ago at fading an ews 37