Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Thanks Andy, it's always worth trying to add little details that make things unique

I agree with you.

What actually needs to be improved on your fiddle yard? I ask because I'm going to start constructing mine this weekend.

Andy

On my fiddle yard I only have one line coming from the main scenic board, my dad suggested two Y points to give a few lines that I can have trains/locos ready to go, if you look through the great there should be a pic of the current fiddle yard, the new version will shorten it slightly but it's not as if I'm running long trains into the scenic board ha ha

What are you doing with yours??

On my fiddle yard I only have one line coming from the main scenic board, my dad suggested two Y points to give a few lines that I can have trains/locos ready to go, if you look through the great there should be a pic of the current fiddle yard, the new version will shorten it slightly but it's not as if I'm running long trains into the scenic board ha ha

What are you doing with yours??

I see. Well, the longest thing entering my depot via tracks will be the Class 60 :)

I also only have one line because I figured that it wouldn't look realistic to have 2 lines coming in to a TMD which only has 3 sidings and a headshunt. On my fiddle yard I'll probably simply have a 3 way point with a siding coming off each junction. I don't want to pack my fiddle yard, which will be only 1' x 2', because I need decent room for the other equipment like controller and point control, etc. However I don't like picking up my stock to make space for the next loco departing from the scenic section - it'll just slow everything down.

Anyways, good luck with the upcoming work on Deeping Lane Depot.

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks Andy and good luck with your project too.

A little update

I have recently purchased 4 Mobil TTAs which will make a small rack for Mill Wood but will also feature on Deeping Lane and a Limpet and a Railfreight VDA

I have started weathering a couple tonight so that i have at least a some to run in the next outing for the layout.

post-6696-0-04356000-1332887204.jpg

post-6696-0-35052400-1332887207.jpg

post-6696-0-22737800-1332887205.jpg

post-6696-0-29387500-1332887206.jpg

Im going to try and get the layout ouside now the weather is looking better and get some shots in the sun which i can add to the digi frame for the next show.

Cheers

• Like 2

Nice weathering on those TTAs and the Limpet. I must get round to weathering my two Bachmann TTAs soon. Mine are in the Green BP livery. I'm thinking of fading it, and adding spillage marks as you've done. I've been trying to research what livery the TTAs were in to replenish the TMD refuelling facilities in the 90s. Was it this Mobil livery?

The TTAs will look good on Millwood (or is it Mill Wood?)

Thanks,

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Well just a small update for Deeping.

I wanted to freshen up the greenery around the layout and add a bit more bright greenery to get away from all the darker flocks i had used.

I purchased some Minataur summer static grasses, some summer tufts and some bluebells.

mostly placed around the depot building, buffer areas and the areas near the stores compound.

They have worked pretty well.

post-6696-0-60756400-1333880165.jpg

post-6696-0-66824100-1333880166.jpg

post-6696-0-67984000-1333880167.jpg

There will be a bit of a gronk fest thanks to Cav for doing the pick up mods at the next outing for Deeping Lane which is on the 14/15th of April at the St Johns Church in Deeping St James, Lincs.

This is a nice little show with some good layouts like Market Deeping MRCs Ambergate and Canons Cross appearing.

Its nice as well to be doing a local show ( literally round the corner ) and especially with the name of the layout.

Please come and say hello if your in the area.

Cheers

• Like 5

Thanks Andy, I'm really happy with the greenery, it's certainly brightened things up a lot.

I have 3 fully running 08s n a scrap 08 that makes an appearance under taro and an 09 which is pretty much the resident shunter, can't get enough of then to be honest, quiet fancy a intercity livery 08 if I'm honest.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks Andy, I'm really happy with the greenery, it's certainly brightened things up a lot.

I have 3 fully running 08s n a scrap 08 that makes an appearance under taro and an 09 which is pretty much the resident shunter, can't get enough of then to be honest, quiet fancy a intercity livery 08 if I'm honest.

Cheers

My 08 is in the Intercity livery, named Piccadilly. Its a Hornby model that I got about a year ago. I'd really like a Mainline livery gronk (like your 09) to match my tractor in Mainline blue. The Mainline livery is one of my favourites. Who is your Mainline 09 by, or was it resprayed? What livery is your scrap 08 in?

Andy.

Edited by AlmereRoadTMD

Looking super...the graffiti looks so real.

Its such a shame i live miles and miles away would love to see DLD in full glory and operation.

Jack.

Hi jack and thanks for the comments, I would love to bring it all the way down to Cornwall but I'd have make it a holiday trip I think the drive would be a long one for a show down there, but you never know someone might come along one day for a show nearer to you.

Cheers

Like the greenery mate, really good buddy. All the best Andy.

Thanks Andy, I think I might need a Gardner now to keep control of the weed problem we have over here.

We're are you next anyway??

My 08 is in the Intercity livery, named Piccadilly. Its a Hornby model that I got about a year ago. I'd really like a Mainline livery gronk (like your 09) to match my tractor in Mainline blue. The Mainline livery is one of my favourites. Who is your Mainline 09 by, or was it resprayed? What livery is your scrap 08 in?

Andy.

The 09019 is a Hornby/modelzone ltd edition, its had the Cav touch with the weathering which i think was the first he did for me n a few little details like the lank in the door added by myself.

It's a superb runner n never fails, iv had it creeping nicely on speed set 1 on the dynamis, the others are Bachmann and need a little more attention to get them running as well as the 09, pick up mods n decoder hard wire.

The scrap 08 was a Bachmann one in freightliner which I picked up from a show with no rods, rails or buffers n needed a lot of work to get to the level of the others so I stripped everything out, sprayed it primer etc.

very effective for reusing old battered locos.

Cheers

Hi James

The fence is a ratio security fence kit, a little fiddly and i substituted the wire that you get for the top wires for thin cotton but still fiddly to thread through, but it does look good if you take your time.

Cheers

Hi All

There will be a bit of a gronk fest thanks to Cav for doing the pick up mods at the next outing for Deeping Lane which is on the 14/15th of April at the St Johns Church in Deeping St James, Lincs.

This is a nice little show with some good layouts like Market Deeping MRCs Ambergate and Canons Cross appearing.

Its nice as well to be doing a local show ( literally round the corner ) and especially with the name of the layout.

Please come and say hello if your in the area.

Cheers

I will be round at some point after the morning chores :)

Well the 2nd show if the year and not a good one for deeping lane.

The layout went up very well and the first few hours ran fairly well with the odd stoppage for some dirty spots on the track.

This all went pair shaped once the organisers turned the venue lights on and the dynamis lost all signal with the handset.

We managed to get the lights switched off n running resumed, unfortunately the venue got very dark later in the afternoon as rain clouds came in and the lights had to go back on and deeping lane stopped.

It seemed then that the system had gone completely as all lights and signal and power went from the unit although the handset was fine.

This was potentially the weekend over half way through. I took the dynamis home to try it on millwood and it confirmed that the dynamis had bit the dust :(

After lots of choice words and head scratching we managed to source a prodigy for the day which I'm really looking forward to using and with the added bonus of 2 handsets which will be a first on deeping lane, not sure how 2 operators will work but it will be more fun than yesterday.

If your in the Lincolnshire or market deeping area please come and say hello.